Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for female members to discuss a wide variety of topics from Training, dieting, anabolics, grooming, etc.)
***Gentlemen, please respect the females and keep the B.S. off this forum***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Default Starting anavar to lose a good 20 pounds. any advice?
    Hello all im new on here. My pre pregnancy weight was about 145 lbs -150 lbs. After i had my son i weighed about 185 lbs. I have been eating really well and working out hard. Running everyday, lifting weights, on my elliptical and taking clenbutrx. Ive managed to drop down to 158 lbs.

But now im stuck! this week ive worked out pretty hard with jillian michaels 30 day shred. everyday. kept my calorie intake under 1700 which is what i was told to do to lose weight and i didnt even lose a lb! Maybe ive gained some muscle but i am now ready for the next step.

I was recommended anavar by an expert friend and id like to give it a try and see if i can finally drop down to the weight i was to be in.

i plan to do it for about 8 wks no more than 15mg a day. What were your experiences with anavar? how much weight did you lose or when did you start to see a difference?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Welcome to the board !!

Sorry but there are not any steroids, Anavar included, that will make you lose weight.

Steroids will help you hold onto muscle mass while running a calorie deficient diet, but that is obviously not what you are trying to do.

The only way you are going to accomplish your goal is through a very strict program of diet and cardio.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Really? I was told that it would help to build muscle therefore making it easier to excrete the fat out of my system. I read that even though it isnt intended for weightloss it is an aid. Thank you for your reply im still learning and reading about it

Olympian Bodybuilder Blondie_Bombshell's Avatar
    Kicking your ass without smearing my eyeliner.
    Youll gain weight on anavar, keep reading. Post up your diet and stats.

I am 5'4" i weigh 158lbs. I am currently taking clenbutrx. I try to keep my calorie intake under 1700 calories. I run for 30 minutes- 1 hr and i do taebo or jillian michaels dvd. I also lift weights with my fiance.

reason i thought i would lose weight was because of passages like this for example :

Anavar and Fat Loss
    Now here´s some interesting stuff for anyone interested primarily in the fat loss properties of this stuff: Anavar may be what we´d call a "fat-burning steroid". Abdominal and visceral fat were both reduced in one study when subjects in the low/normal natural testosterone range used anavar (4). In another study, appendicular, total, and trunk fat were all reduced with a relatively small dose of 20mgs/day (8), and no exercise. In addition, weight gained with ´var may be nearly permanent too. It might not be much, but you´ll stand a good chance of keeping most of it. In one study, subjects maintained their weight (re)gains from anavar for at least 6 months after cessation (2)! Concomitantly, in another study, Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat were also sustained (8)! If you´re regaining weight, Anavar will give you nearly permanent gains, and if you are trying to lose fat (and you keep your diet in check), the fat lost with Anavar is basically looks to be nearly permanent. Check this chart out:

Absolute change in total fat mass (A) and trunk fat (B) by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry from baseline to study week 12 (solid bars) and from baseline to study week 24 (open bars) in the placebo (n = 12) and the oxandrolone (n = 20) study groups. Values are means ± SE. *Significant decrease from baseline, P < 0.001. Significant difference between study groups for change in fat mass from 0 to 12 wk, P < 0.001. (15)(8

If i do alot of cardio, keep my diet in check, lift weights and take anavar do i stand a good chance of losing the amount of weight i want to lose? I am honestly at a stand still right now. My weight lose has just stopped 100% and im getting really discouraged

I dont know where you got that info but, two things. It doesnt say if females were involved in this study and I can tell you from first hand experience anavar will not help you loose fat. A change in diet/carb intake and working out right will.

Jamyjamjr is on point with diet, Im sure he'll chime in soon.

Post up your daily diet including macros of each meal and then total macros for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyQ View Post
    If i do alot of cardio, keep my diet in check, lift weights and take anavar do i stand a good chance of losing the amount of weight i want to lose? I am honestly at a stand still right now. My weight lose has just stopped 100% and im getting really discouraged
    Anavar is NOT A WEIGHT LOSS DRUG.

thank you for your reply im still reading up on everything. i also read up on clenbuterol. have you tried that before? and yes i will definitely do a change in my diet. I am not expert and i am just learning how to eat properly.

My daily meal is something like this

Breakfast
    Special k with 1% milk or a rice cake with peanut butter

snack
    yogurt

lunch
    salad with low fat dressing or a tuna sandwich

snack a granola bar or fruit

dinner
    Grilled chicken with vegetables or fish,sometimes i have pasta and i try to keep it whole wheat or brown rice

i also drink alot of water throughout the day. I have been consistently losing weight and it just stopped now

What is your lifting/ cardio schedule throughout the week?

Let me guess your expert friend was male?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_Bombshell View Post
    Let me guess your expert friend was male?
    Did he mention the side effects that are possible with Anavar?

Free Diet Advice from 3J <-- link for 3j diet advice.

yes he is a male lol hes a personal trainer. He told me that they are side effects and i read up on it but he also told me that the chances are very low if i stay under 20mg a day.

i try to work out 6 days a week.
    I usually run about 3-4 days a week for like 30 mins- 1 hr.
    and on the other days about 3 days a week i would do my dvds like jillian michaels 30 day shred and lift weights. Ive been doing light weights maybe like 20 lbs and ill do upper body somedays and lower body other days.. sorry if this is confusing

thanks for the link im reading it now

I get good GAINS off 5mg/day

Pro Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_Bombshell View Post
    I get good GAINS off 5mg/day
    BLONDIE love the new avatar.

I have nothing else to add to this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by drewbolic View Post
    BLONDIE love the new avatar.

I have nothing else to add to this thread...
    thank ya !

lol i want to look like blondie

lol i want to look like blondie
    Wow, Im blushing. I can help you if you want. No Gillian Micheals tho, lots of deadlifting and squats.. Your my same height too.
    Last edited by Blondie_Bombshell; 01-31-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Olympian Bodybuilder Miss Muscle's Avatar
    First off Blondie does look smoking from behind for sure! Love the avatar and also I love pink!

Second your diet is craptastic. It is why you are not losing weight.

Go into the diet section and take a look at the clean foods list. Here is what I suggest. From that list make your own diet. Include 4-6 meals per day. Each meal should have a carb source, protein source, and at least 3 should have a fat source.

Supplements you should take...fish oil and multi-vitamin. Any others are you up to you.

Moderate fruit and dairy as they have sugar. Take out any processed foods or at least eat them in moderation...and very little moderation.

Show us your new diet and we will critique from their.

I would also start a more consistent lifting schedule getting in each body part once per week. Doesn't matter if you lift 3 or 6 days.....just lift consistently.

Anavar is not for you so don't even consider it.

Olympian Bodybuilder Miss Muscle's Avatar
    yes he is a male lol hes a personal trainer. He told me that they are side effects and i read up on it but he also told me that the chances are very low if i stay under 20mg a day.

i try to work out 6 days a week.
    I usually run about 3-4 days a week for like 30 mins- 1 hr.
    and on the other days about 3 days a week i would do my dvds like jillian michaels 30 day shred and lift weights. Ive been doing light weights maybe like 20 lbs and ill do upper body somedays and lower body other days.. sorry if this is confusing
    20 mg anavar daily.....you can get plenty of permanent side effects at that dose. I wouldn't consider chances "low" at that dose....more like medium.

Junior Bodybuilder Wonderwoman82's Avatar
    I am 5'4" i weigh 158lbs. I am currently taking clenbutrx. I try to keep my calorie intake under 1700 calories. I run for 30 minutes- 1 hr and i do taebo or jillian michaels dvd. I also lift weights with my fiance.

reason i thought i would lose weight was because of passages like this for example :

Anavar and Fat Loss
    Now here´s some interesting stuff for anyone interested primarily in the fat loss properties of this stuff: Anavar may be what we´d call a "fat-burning steroid". Abdominal and visceral fat were both reduced in one study when subjects in the low/normal natural testosterone range used anavar (4). In another study, appendicular, total, and trunk fat were all reduced with a relatively small dose of 20mgs/day (8), and no exercise. In addition, weight gained with ´var may be nearly permanent too. It might not be much, but you´ll stand a good chance of keeping most of it. In one study, subjects maintained their weight (re)gains from anavar for at least 6 months after cessation (2)! Concomitantly, in another study, Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat were also sustained (8)! If you´re regaining weight, Anavar will give you nearly permanent gains, and if you are trying to lose fat (and you keep your diet in check), the fat lost with Anavar is basically looks to be nearly permanent. Check this chart out:

Absolute change in total fat mass (A) and trunk fat (B) by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry from baseline to study week 12 (solid bars) and from baseline to study week 24 (open bars) in the placebo (n = 12) and the oxandrolone (n = 20) study groups. Values are means ± SE. *Significant decrease from baseline, P &lt; 0.001. Significant difference between study groups for change in fat mass from 0 to 12 wk, P &lt; 0.001. (15)(8

I just wanted to give my input on this conversation. I had trusted a male friend's advice on anavar and cycled myself. Not only did I gain weight, eating virtually nothing but protein but I experienced permanent side effects. I was up to 20mg a day(again advice of this friend) and I put on a lot of weight that has been difficult to manage and lose.
    My experience now has taught me to first concentrate on losing the weight with super clean and strict diet and cardio , then consider anavar for strength and muscle gains only, not fat lose.
    With that, I'm not saying that I won't use anavar again,I will take the time to do MORE research and gather as much feedback from other experienced and reputable females.
    I hope my experience helps you consider not trying it out right. Focus on adapting to a better diet so that it's not just for losing weight, but for a permanent lifestyle change.

Gettin' there
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    20 mg anavar daily.....you can get plenty of permanent side effects at that dose. I wouldn't consider chances "low" at that dose....more like medium.
    Yes, 20mg is A LOT. Some VERY undesirable side effects can, and probably will occur at that dosage.

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information