Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Thread:

pecs: need help

Rookie
    Default pecs: need help
    ive started benching and dumbell presses for awhile now. i built a lot on my upper pecs close to the arm, but thats about it. very little lower pecs and little in the middle part where they almost meet. its like i only have the one spot up by my arms that extend out more than the rest of my chest. can someone please help to tell me how to get more growth on lower and inner middle pecs? i know about decline bench but i dont think thats working too well. and for benching i seem to push a little inwards from the sides instead of straight up because it hurts my wrists to hold the bar straight bending my wrists. am i doing something wrong? please help

Junior Bodybuilder
    depending on your body geometry, flat benching might not be the best chest exercise for you. some people do most of their lifting with their triceps and deltoids and only involve their pecs in a limited range of the movement. For me, if I don't make a conscious effort to try to pull the bar apart as I'm going up, then I don't get much out of it and end up working my triceps a lot harder than I want to.

Try doing incline presses and flys and see if that helps. Also get some advice from other people on here, as I'm not quite sure about the problem you're trying to describe with your wrists? Are you bending them all the way back and feeling pain during the lift? What width are you using for your grip?

basically you can't target a specific area of the chest.The shape of your chest is determined by genetics.
    However, if you lift big and eat big, and rest big, your chest will grow.
    check out some of the other threads on this in this forum
    How to Target inside and lower pecs???

EXTREME FASCIST
    try doing either dumbells or barbells but not both. then switch them up. one at a time. i do incline dumbells, flat dumbells and weighted dips, sometimes i will swap the dips with dumbell flyes either incline or flat. i mostly use incline/flat dumbells because i dont have a spot. and also because i like them better, i get a better stretch with them and they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by anaifan2
    can someone please help to tell me how to get more growth on lower and inner middle pecs?
    you cannot build "inner" or "middle pecs" its a complete myth there is no way to isoalte those areas..persaonally a good chest is one the is thick from top to bottom victor martinez markus ruhl..now do not go out and copy their rotuines..but just so you know martinez was a powerlifter in his early years and had a very god bench before going over to bodybuilding..

My advice keep building your chest through heavy presses with solid form..Stick with BB inclines and flat bench stay away from the cable cross/pec deck etc.. am i saying declines arent good? no theyre fine..just dont fall for the myth that you need to hit things from every angle

EXTREME FASCIST
    good advice. all i ever did was heavy dumbells and weighted dips my chest is thick and dense.

300lbs of Heavenly Joy huskyguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkraven
    good advice. all i ever did was heavy dumbells and weighted dips my chest is thick and dense.
    Same here. Heavy dips and dumbell bench presses give a good stretch and really balloon up the pecs.

uniquemicals
Thread Information