Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mispronounced
  • 1 Post By Slickspurs
    Rookie
    Help! I hate leg day
    I never skip it, but I dread it each week. I don't have a lot of options since I work out at home. Squat rack and leg machine only. I need to get a sled, but I don't have the room right now.

Here's the routine:

Squat
    some variation of lunge
    leg extensions
    stiff dl/leg curl
    calves

I look forward to all other days. I've even gotten so I kind of like deadlifting. I just hate training legs. Squat in particular.

Anything you guys have done to get over this type of thinking?

Switch it up. Instead of doing squats for a bit do some Barbell weight walking lunges. It will work parts of your legs you never knew you had

I couldn't agree more, Leg day makes me want to puke (literally and figuratively). I try to force myself to view it as "Calorie burn day". I hate it, but the work done that day allows me an occasional dieting slip up where I eat a whole jar of peanut butter. Apparently I'm more motivated by staying lean than I am by big legs. Find what motivates you and work it into your leg day thinking.

Junior Bodybuilder

just some motivation for the next time you are hating yourself during leg day
    saully likes this.

Proud supporter AML, Ca size_matters's Avatar
    WHAT! legs is one of my fav. body part to train. specially on gear & mind you I'm 6'2 (squats is usually harder the taller you are) my brother is 6'5 and when he first started had a hard time squatting 100lbs!

Try switching up workouts that your more interested in when it comes to legs. Not only will switching it up confuse your muscle, but it will get you out of the same dreadful mind set you have when you have to train on leg days.

Rookie
    do them at the start of the week and get em out of the way, that way you have the rest of your workouts to look forward to rather than coming towards the end of the week and thinking i've gotta train legs now..

Most gym rats don't train legs because they flat out suck to do imo. Heavy squats and deads take more out of you than any other exercise and leg workouts are always more painful than any other body part. For me its just one of those things that I have to suck up and do every week. You don't want to be the guy with a big upper body that wears pants all the time because he has chicken legs.

chains
    You are not the only one, half of us is right there with you

Try switching up your rep/set routines. If you're doing low/moderate reps, give something like widowmakers a try. If you've been doing higher reps, maybe try a more PL based routine.

Rookie
    Maybe a lot of it comes from the fact that I don't really see results in my legs (and my calves are pathetic).

Squatting just kills me. I have back problems to begin with so I tighten the belt within an inch of my life. Plus my stance is effed up. I absolutely cannot stand with my feet the exact same, my left foot needs to be a little more turned out and ahead, it's just my natural stance, but I'm constantly trying to fix it.

Plus I don't think I get low enough. I keep trying to get lower but there's a point where I physically can't go lower, even with just using the bar.

I guess I need to suck it up and find room to put a sled.

Junior Bodybuilder
    how's your flexibility? if you arent flexible it can be tough to go low on squats

I love back and leg day, deads n squats are my favorite, used to hate them until I got the form right, just did legs today but been out of them gym for almost 2 months so I bitched out at 315 for 4 reps >

Quote Originally Posted by robbyf View Post
    Maybe a lot of it comes from the fact that I don't really see results in my legs (and my calves are pathetic).

Squatting just kills me. I have back problems to begin with so I tighten the belt within an inch of my life. Plus my stance is effed up. I absolutely cannot stand with my feet the exact same, my left foot needs to be a little more turned out and ahead, it's just my natural stance, but I'm constantly trying to fix it.

Plus I don't think I get low enough. I keep trying to get lower but there's a point where I physically can't go lower, even with just using the bar.

I guess I need to suck it up and find room to put a sled.
    Leg progress can be slow man, I always carry decent muscle on my legs which I thought would mean they would grow fast. Noooot, they just stayed that way forever I didnt notice a thing then all of sudden I noticed my but was sticking out way farther and the shorts were getting a little tight around the thighs. Also if you arent eating big don't expect to see much growth. Think about it. If you have 24inch thighs how much muscle do you have to build to add an inch onto them all the way around? That some serious poundage. As for calfs good luck, you have to beat those guys into submission. Thats a muscle that is used to be worked constantly all the time.

Dude, I used to hate them too until I became a beast from doing them. You have to realize your whole body will grow from doing legs. If I don't feel like puking or actually puke from doing them I didn't hit it hard enough. It's like everything, you have to start low and work your way up. I'm sure I'm not near as strong as some on this site, but I went from nothing to squatting 405 for 4 sets of 10, slamming out 24 plates on the leg press gor good quality sets, etc. It comes with time. I have shit calves though no matter how much weight or reps I do. It's a genetic thing with the calves I'm almost sure of that. Just think huge and hit legs until exhaustion.

Novice
    Try some bulgarian split squats good one for home gym to switch it up

You have to work legs out to really grow

I love leg day!
    ardbeg likes this.

cruising
    I love leg "day" too (leg day is every day, bro). If you really are tired of squats and deads, maybe some full depth snatches or cleans? If you think back/front squats are boring, try some snatch-width overhead squats. That shit is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerFatty View Post
    Switch it up. Instead of doing squats for a bit do some Barbell weight walking lunges. It will work parts of your legs you never knew you had
    I agree

legs are my strength. I enjoy squats too.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=robbyf;3122483]Maybe a lot of it comes from the fact that I don't really see results in my legs (and my calves are pathetic).

You hate it because you dont know what you are doing when you get the bat under your back. Learn proper technique go to youtube and watch the video series "so you think you can squat?" it will change the way you look at squatting for the rest of your life. Most powerlifters I know and train with love squatting because it takes so long to perfect but when you do it is a beautiful thing mate.

Your belt is too tight as well loosen it up one or two notches and focus on sucking air into your belly and expanding it like your pregnant it gives you a stronger girthier center to squat with.

Your mobilty needs work if you cannot break your hips past your knees. It is actually kind of a big issue and is not helping your back pain. Look into the agile 8 and perform it before every training session. It is 10 minutes but it will open your hips up like Lindsay Lohans legs at a coke party.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by mispronounced View Post

just some motivation for the next time you are hating yourself during leg day
    thank you!!!!

Novice
    used to not do many squats(other leg stuff either). had to change my focus. training that muscle group especially squats makes EVERYTHING else STRONGER. everything bro! everything gets stronger with squats.

uniquemicals
Thread Information