Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Thread:

5/3/1 + bbb

Rookie
    Default 5/3/1 + bbb
    Hi,

I'm an Adelaide (wannabe) powerlifter, who is currently doing 5/3/1 + BBB Accessorie work.

I'm doing my first Test E cycle soon and wanted to know if anyone's tried 531 on gear and whether the found there wasn't enough volume of accessorie work? If you found the volume was too little, what did you add in?

Cheers.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    i've never done 5/3/1 so couldn't tell you. people get results or else no one would use it. doesn't west side use this type of training? i would check them out man, they've produced some of the top powerlifters in the us.

Novice
    I know what 5/3/1 is - not familiar with BBB?

Rookie
    BBB is the Boring But Big assistance lift, so 5/3/1 plus the main lift again 5x10 @ 40-60% of 1RM plus 5 sets of another assistance lift, so for bench you might do hanging leg raises.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by itsn8o View Post
    BBB is the Boring But Big assistance lift, so 5/3/1 plus the main lift again 5x10 @ 40-60% of 1RM plus 5 sets of another assistance lift, so for bench you might do hanging leg raises.
    what does hanging leg raises have to do with bench? maybe reverse grip bench, board press, dips, overhead press, dumbbell press, decline bench, band work? abs? not really.

google 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge.it's a bit offset from the regular version of the BBB but it adds a bit more variety.i did the plain 5/3/1 over this past winter and can attest to its effectiveness.my flat bench shot up to 447x1 in only a few months from barely 315x2-3.once i got sick with the flu at end of february i was forced to stop the gym for a while.slowly getting back into it now but will resume in september.

hanging leg raises for bench idk about that...i was doing my bench 5/3/1's then another day flat bench as part of my 5x10's.he says you can INCORPERATE things like hanging raises into your workout on a day such as legs where you don't have as many exercises but it has nothing to do with bench.i have his 1st book plus all the addendums to it copied in print and still go back to it from time to time...

Novice
    Rocco - just curious. Did you think this program led to better gains strength wise - or hypertrophy wise? I know it's supposed to be blend of both, just wondering what results you saw.

Thread Information