Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donjob
    Did i fractured a rib or something?
    Ok, so i was working out legs last night and i think i mightve fractured a rib..

I was doing some leg press lastnight and i felt this sharp pain under my left ribcage, towards the bottom of the ribcage. It is not a constant pain though, but i have not been able to pin-point the exact move that makes the pain happen. I did not finish the leg press because of that hut i was able to finish the rest of my routine without a problem.

I tried feeling my ribs, both sides to compare, and they seem to be fine but my left side is a little tender to the touch, although i think the pain is coming from underneat. I did noticed that when i hiccup it seems to be more painfull. At first i thought i was an air pocket so i forced myself to burp and i did feel a realive after the burp.

I dont think i punctured anything since the pain is mostly on the surface and the ribs seem to be intact. I am not coughing blood or passing blood either. Area is not visible swollen. No color changes on skin either.

After an online search i found that quite a few people fracture their ribs doing leg press, mostly because of poor breathing technique. The other popular explination was air pockets the colon.

NOTE: I have no problems sleeping face down or on either side of my body, is just a speciphic move that triggers the pain yet i cant define it.

Did i break a rib? Pulled a muscle/tendon?

Yes, i know this is not a medical advice forum, i am just trying to find out if someone else in here has had this happen to them and what they did to make it go away AND to prevent it.

Thanks

breaking a rib fuckin hurts I doubt u did or u would be at the dr not ology

Amateur Bodybuilder
    lay off the leg presses for a month. most definitely not fractured but could be something else. maybe you just pulled a little muscle in there.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    i'd also stay away from front squats for a little while as well. any other leg movement should be fine

Being half way into my first T cycle i hate to do that, on top of it leg day is my favorite workout. I guess i will have to follow your directions and go easy on the squats and leg press. Damn...!

Thanks for your replies

Amateur Bodybuilder
    i said a month, that was a generalization. if it feels fine in 5 days then go light and increase the weight gradually. and i said front squats because they put more pressure on the abdominal area than a back squat does. i would go light and increase weight gradually though on anything that uses your core for stabilization, including back squats. i'm sure a month is way overdoing it, just better to be safe than sorry. if you seriously injure yourself then you'll be out of the game for alot more than a month.

Might want to go lighter on the leg presses in the future. Easy to injure yourself with that exercise.

I am banned!
    Breaking ribs is F*&^ing painful. I had 6 on 1 side at 1 time. Hurts to sit up, lay down, be alive, etc. Hell it hurts to effin breathe. Probably a torn/strained muscle or torn cartilage

Well, not sure if I am getting better...
    I decided to Google even more about pain in that area and I found some posts saying that if you damaged your spleen or kidney you get a similar pain.
    I guess I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if it eases up, last night I woke up around 4 times to take a leak, the pain is not as constant, I can move better.

I was trying to yawn and it would hurt like a MOFO, although I dont think it has anything to do with my lungs, I can breathe fine. Heat pads seem to work fine.

The thing is, the pain is somewhat similar to Gall Bladder attacks, except on a different location. I had mine removed a couple of years ago.

According to the Internet, it could be either one of these...
    - something wrong with the kidney
    - something wrong with the spleen
    - a hernia
    - fractured rib (probably not, it would hurt more)
    - an OCD guy over-reacting to a sore muscle...

Hoping is the last option. Haha...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    i think it's the last option
    Kuilontli likes this.

Yeah, I hope so...
    Gonna give it a couple of days, actually resting... And see how it goes.

Thanks

Well, I guess it was a pulled muscle...
    Pain is going away, almost back to normal. Ibuprofen seems to be working just fine.

OCDs mess with your head...

Now, back to the lifting room! Heck yeah..!

Thread Information