Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Share
Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products
 

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default Please recommend a workout routine based on my home gym
    This is what I have to work with for now, once I start gaining strength I'll start going to a real gym. Can somebody recommend a workout routine, which exercises can I do with the equipment I have, on which days should I do them, reps, etc.? I'm trying to bulk up.

    Thanks in advance

    Here's a pic of the home gym:

    home-gym.jpg

  2. #2
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    2
    Default
    It's really hard to judge where you are, if you can give us your weight, height, some background info and if you have any starting numbers for any of your lifts that would be good.

    And you said once you gain strength you'l start going to the gym? Just hit the gym now buddy, your selections will be very limited at home which will hinder your growth (especially lack of compound movements, ESPECIALLY squats and deadlifts)

  3. #3
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    I'm 5' 8 162 lbs. 15.74% body fat. I'm not sure what other background info I should provide. Well I was hoping to start out at home because I'm kind of self conscious about going to the gym because I don't have much strength at all right now I'm pretty weak never been athletic my entire life, don't think my bench is more than a 100 pounds. If it's the best thing though I might have to, I'm trying to look for a personal trainer to work with but, I keep trying to want to work out at home because like I said self-concious at this point and don't like being around a bunch of people at the gym as of now.

    So far I have been doing p90x at home for 5 months and I've noticed some changes and muscle definition and seeing some muscle in areas I didn't have before, I mean nothing ground breaking but, it's noticeable to me. However, so many people keep saying p90x isn't shit so it's discouraging me from continuing it if I should be doing something else that will provide better results.


    Quote Originally Posted by mike428 View Post
    It's really hard to judge where you are, if you can give us your weight, height, some background info and if you have any starting numbers for any of your lifts that would be good.

    And you said once you gain strength you'l start going to the gym? Just hit the gym now buddy, your selections will be very limited at home which will hinder your growth (especially lack of compound movements, ESPECIALLY squats and deadlifts)

  4. #4
    Amateur Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jacksonville nc
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    p90x is supposed to be so great, you're supposed to see those amazing changes in 90 days, hence the name. what people don't realize though is it's 90% diet. just another workout fad. don't get me wrong, i'm sure p90x is a great workout and a real fat burner, but you gotta have your diet in check and if you want to get strong you need to be doing your basic compound lifts. join the gym dude, and screw a personal trainer. just research, research, research. not complicated at all man. stay away from backsquats for right now if you don't have someone experienced to watch your form and critique you. front squats are excellent for leg strength and development, and a complete beginner can easily coach him self into proper form on a front squat. it just feels natural to keep your back straight and sit back, and you'll go lower as well. if you can only bench 100 pounds, then bench 100. you'll get up there. don't worry about what other people think. and judging by your strength level, some basic bodyweight exercises can really help you right now. you can get very strong doing doing pushups, there are many different variations and progressions you can do. try hip pushups, just google it. pullups, over hand grip, shoulder width. bodyweight squats, then start progressing into one legged squats by using a wall or door frame for support until you're strong enough. dips. see where i'm going with this?

  5. #5
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    p90x is supposed to be so great, you're supposed to see those amazing changes in 90 days, hence the name. what people don't realize though is it's 90% diet. just another workout fad. don't get me wrong, i'm sure p90x is a great workout and a real fat burner, but you gotta have your diet in check and if you want to get strong you need to be doing your basic compound lifts. join the gym dude, and screw a personal trainer. just research, research, research. not complicated at all man. stay away from backsquats for right now if you don't have someone experienced to watch your form and critique you. front squats are excellent for leg strength and development, and a complete beginner can easily coach him self into proper form on a front squat. it just feels natural to keep your back straight and sit back, and you'll go lower as well. if you can only bench 100 pounds, then bench 100. you'll get up there. don't worry about what other people think. and judging by your strength level, some basic bodyweight exercises can really help you right now. you can get very strong doing doing pushups, there are many different variations and progressions you can do. try hip pushups, just google it. pullups, over hand grip, shoulder width. bodyweight squats, then start progressing into one legged squats by using a wall or door frame for support until you're strong enough. dips. see where i'm going with this?
    yes all those exercises you mentioned are in p90x, pushups, military push ups, hip push ups, pull ups, over hand, switch, reverse grip, wide (shoulder), wall squats, one legged squats etc.

    i don't really get how people only bring up diet with p90x diet is the most important thing with any workout isn't it? so why do people only bring it up when it comes to p90x? i don't think for somebody like me it's possible to get ground breaking results in 90 days but, then again i go at my own pace, i don't put in as much intensity as they do, as much reps and weight etc. so i understand if i have to stick with it for longer. also about diet i'm not doing the p90x diet because there's so much cooking involved and complicated meals, instead i'm working with 3j. i figured if i could do 3j's diet and then do p90x that i could see results. like i said i have been seeing results and was wanting to continue it but the only reason i'm getting second thoughts is because so many people criticize it and i don't get why. so it's making me think if everybody is right and i could get improved results doing something else so i'm reconsidering p90x.

    these are the workouts in p90x

    Month 1:

    mon - chest & back:

    standard pushups
    wide front pull ups
    military push ups
    reverse grip chin-ups
    wide fly push-ups
    closed grip overhand pullups
    decline push ups
    heavy pants
    diamond push ups
    lawnmowers
    dive-bomber push ups
    back flys

    wed - shoulder & arms

    alternation shoulder presses
    in & out bicept curls
    two-arm triceps kickback
    deep swimmers presses
    full supination concentration curls
    chair dips
    upright rows
    static arm curls
    full grip twist triceps kickbacks
    seated two-angle shoulder flys
    crouching cohen curls
    lying down triceps extensions
    in & out straight arm shoulder flys
    congdon curls
    side tri-rises

    fri - legs & back

    balanced lunges
    calf-raise squats
    reverse grip chin-ups
    super skaters
    wall squats
    wide front pull ups
    step back lunge
    alternating side lunge
    closed grip overhead pull-ups
    single-leg wall squat
    deadlift squats
    switch grip pull ups
    three way lunge
    sneaky lunge
    chair salutations
    toe-roll iso lunge
    calf raises
    80/20 siebers speed squats

    Month 2:

    Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps:

    slow motion 3-in-1 push ups
    in / out shoulder flys
    chair dips
    plange push ups
    pike presses
    side tri rises
    floor flys
    scarecrows
    overhead triceps extensions
    two twitch speed push ups
    y-presses
    lying triceps extensions
    side to side push ups
    pour flys
    side leaning triceps extensions
    one arm push ups
    weighted circles
    plyo push ups
    slo mo throws
    front to back triceps extensions
    one arm balance push ups
    fly row presses
    dumbbell cross body blows

    Wed. - Back & Biceps

    wide front pull ups
    lawnmowers
    twenty ones
    one arm cross body curls
    switch grip pull ups
    elbows out lawnmowers
    standing bicep curls
    one arm concentration curls
    corn cob pull ups
    reverse grip bent over rows
    open arm curls
    static arm curls
    towel pull ups
    congdon locomotives
    crouching cohen curls
    one arm corkscrew curls
    chin ups
    seated bent over back flys
    curl up/hammer downs
    hammer curls
    max rep pull ups
    superman
    in/out hammer curls
    strip-set curls

    fri - legs and back same as month 1

    then month 3 alternates one week of month 1 and month 2 exercies.

    so even doing all those exercises, it would still be better for me to go to the gym? what is it about those exercises that makes it a "fad" ? i don't get that part. diet is the main thing in any exercise plan, right? so what's so different here? is it a waste of time doing these exercises? what about for somebody on cycle and was doing those exercises could they get any results assuming diet is in check?

    also those days i listed are only for the main exercises, on the other off days there is other cardio etc. that i didn't put down

    any feedback would be appreciated, i'm just so confused don't know which way to go

    thanks
    Last edited by username1; 07-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Bodybuilder VengeanceX7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    2
    Default
    Ill be honest. You have alot of machinces there. You should sell those and buy some more free weights, barbell and plates, cage with a pull up bar and heavier DBs if needed. Bench that goes flat, incline and decline with leg curl/extension on the end. Just my .02. You could do everything with that set up.

  7. #7
    Amateur Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jacksonville nc
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    yes all those exercises you mentioned are in p90x, pushups, military push ups, hip push ups, pull ups, over hand, switch, reverse grip, wide (shoulder), wall squats, one legged squats etc.

    i don't really get how people only bring up diet with p90x diet is the most important thing with any workout isn't it? so why do people only bring it up when it comes to p90x? i don't think for somebody like me it's possible to get ground breaking results in 90 days but, then again i go at my own pace, i don't put in as much intensity as they do, as much reps and weight etc. so i understand if i have to stick with it for longer. also about diet i'm not doing the p90x diet because there's so much cooking involved and complicated meals, instead i'm working with 3j. i figured if i could do 3j's diet and then do p90x that i could see results. like i said i have been seeing results and was wanting to continue it but the only reason i'm getting second thoughts is because so many people criticize it and i don't get why. so it's making me think if everybody is right and i could get improved results doing something else so i'm reconsidering p90x.

    these are the workouts in p90x

    Month 1:

    mon - chest & back:

    standard pushups
    wide front pull ups
    military push ups
    reverse grip chin-ups
    wide fly push-ups
    closed grip overhand pullups
    decline push ups
    heavy pants
    diamond push ups
    lawnmowers
    dive-bomber push ups
    back flys

    wed - shoulder & arms

    alternation shoulder presses
    in & out bicept curls
    two-arm triceps kickback
    deep swimmers presses
    full supination concentration curls
    chair dips
    upright rows
    static arm curls
    full grip twist triceps kickbacks
    seated two-angle shoulder flys
    crouching cohen curls
    lying down triceps extensions
    in & out straight arm shoulder flys
    congdon curls
    side tri-rises

    fri - legs & back

    balanced lunges
    calf-raise squats
    reverse grip chin-ups
    super skaters
    wall squats
    wide front pull ups
    step back lunge
    alternating side lunge
    closed grip overhead pull-ups
    single-leg wall squat
    deadlift squats
    switch grip pull ups
    three way lunge
    sneaky lunge
    chair salutations
    toe-roll iso lunge
    calf raises
    80/20 siebers speed squats

    Month 2:

    Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps:

    slow motion 3-in-1 push ups
    in / out shoulder flys
    chair dips
    plange push ups
    pike presses
    side tri rises
    floor flys
    scarecrows
    overhead triceps extensions
    two twitch speed push ups
    y-presses
    lying triceps extensions
    side to side push ups
    pour flys
    side leaning triceps extensions
    one arm push ups
    weighted circles
    plyo push ups
    slo mo throws
    front to back triceps extensions
    one arm balance push ups
    fly row presses
    dumbbell cross body blows

    Wed. - Back & Biceps

    wide front pull ups
    lawnmowers
    twenty ones
    one arm cross body curls
    switch grip pull ups
    elbows out lawnmowers
    standing bicep curls
    one arm concentration curls
    corn cob pull ups
    reverse grip bent over rows
    open arm curls
    static arm curls
    towel pull ups
    congdon locomotives
    crouching cohen curls
    one arm corkscrew curls
    chin ups
    seated bent over back flys
    curl up/hammer downs
    hammer curls
    max rep pull ups
    superman
    in/out hammer curls
    strip-set curls

    fri - legs and back same as month 1

    then month 3 alternates one week of month 1 and month 2 exercies.

    so even doing all those exercises, it would still be better for me to go to the gym? what is it about those exercises that makes it a "fad" ? i don't get that part. diet is the main thing in any exercise plan, right? so what's so different here? is it a waste of time doing these exercises? what about for somebody on cycle and was doing those exercises could they get any results assuming diet is in check?

    also those days i listed are only for the main exercises, on the other off days there is other cardio etc. that i didn't put down

    any feedback would be appreciated, i'm just so confused don't know which way to go

    thanks
    i don't understand what you mean by people only bring up diet with p90x. yes, diet is important with any routine or even if you don't work out at all! diet is hammered home on this board over and over and over again anytime someone comes on here disappointed by their results. you're honetly the first person i've seen on these boards who uses p90x. 99% of the guys on here lift heavy. something along the lines of 5x5, westside, some time of periodization, 5x3x1, etc. and the p90x routine you just posted is a SHIT TON of different exercises. how many sets and reps of each does it have you doing? you may be over training man. try some thing like this

    chest shoulders tris: hip pushups - 3 max sets
    get some furniture sliders, do body weight flies with them. let your hands slide out, controlled of course, until your chest is just off the ground, no squeeze them back in. pretty nifty little exercise. do 2 max sets of those.
    sometype of over head press, or if you have no equipment for that try handstand pushups. proper form, slow controlled reps, if you only get one then you only get one. they're tough.
    for triceps - dips. burn out on them bitches. boom you're done for chest tris and shoulders.

    back and bis - pullups. 5 max sets of bodyweight pullups, overhand grip shoulder width (until you get more advanced then you can start adding weight and trying different widths)
    some type of bent over row, this will hit your entire back including your posterior chain having to stabilize the weight if you do them properly. this will require a barball (hint hint, great investment. even with just a couple plate to go with it)
    as time goes on and you progress, throw some hang cleans in there. great for the upper back and traps, and overall explosiveness.

    legs - continue to do the body weight one legged squats or a variation of them if you can, you know when you need to stop. i don't know you, maybe 2 sets of 3 one legged squats per leg is all you can take. then finish it off with some two legged bodyweight squats. maybe some lunges. leg day shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes at this point in the game. maybe do abs on this day. do 100 bodyweight calve raises everyday (it works, trust me). chest monday, back tuesday, legs friday. plenty of rest and a good diet. you will grow and get stronger. i believe you are overtraining. a couple months down the road you need access to heavier weights and more exercises. this is a good basis though. fuck p90x

  8. #8
    Amateur Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jacksonville nc
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    also i just noticed i've never even heard of half these damn exercises. and when you say plange pushup do you mean planche? as in your feet are off the ground, you're only supporting your entire bodyweight by your arms only, and are doing a pushup? if you can do that..... you should be pushing way more than 100 pounds bro. more like 350. a very, very, very small percentage of people can do a planche pushup, or hell even a muscle up for that matter. and most of them are gymnasts. p90x must put their own little spin on the planche or something, no way they could expect the average joe to do that. this further solidifies my theory that p90x sucks and is a fitness scam. i need to make my own program and charge people 200 dollars for it.

  9. #9
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    well that's what I mean is that diet is the most important thing regardless of what routine you're doing yet you're not the first person I've seen mention, "what people don't realize though is it's 90% diet." so of course diet is the main thing in anything, so why is it specially mentioned when p90x is brought up? if it's common sense diet is key then why is it repeated again specially for p90x it should apply no matter what and just be common sense that diet is key in anything.

    as for the number of reps i'm doing i just try to do as many as i can until i get tired, they give you a certain amount of time to do the exercises like a minute, or 30 seconds or whatever and you're supposed to record your max reps. i don't record that, i just try as much as i can and by the end of the hour i'm pretty tired. honestly i do feel like it takes a lot for me to do, so maybe i am over-training who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    i don't understand what you mean by people only bring up diet with p90x. yes, diet is important with any routine or even if you don't work out at all! diet is hammered home on this board over and over and over again anytime someone comes on here disappointed by their results. you're honetly the first person i've seen on these boards who uses p90x. 99% of the guys on here lift heavy. something along the lines of 5x5, westside, some time of periodization, 5x3x1, etc. and the p90x routine you just posted is a SHIT TON of different exercises. how many sets and reps of each does it have you doing? you may be over training man. try some thing like this

    chest shoulders tris: hip pushups - 3 max sets
    get some furniture sliders, do body weight flies with them. let your hands slide out, controlled of course, until your chest is just off the ground, no squeeze them back in. pretty nifty little exercise. do 2 max sets of those.
    sometype of over head press, or if you have no equipment for that try handstand pushups. proper form, slow controlled reps, if you only get one then you only get one. they're tough.
    for triceps - dips. burn out on them bitches. boom you're done for chest tris and shoulders.

    back and bis - pullups. 5 max sets of bodyweight pullups, overhand grip shoulder width (until you get more advanced then you can start adding weight and trying different widths)
    some type of bent over row, this will hit your entire back including your posterior chain having to stabilize the weight if you do them properly. this will require a barball (hint hint, great investment. even with just a couple plate to go with it)
    as time goes on and you progress, throw some hang cleans in there. great for the upper back and traps, and overall explosiveness.

    legs - continue to do the body weight one legged squats or a variation of them if you can, you know when you need to stop. i don't know you, maybe 2 sets of 3 one legged squats per leg is all you can take. then finish it off with some two legged bodyweight squats. maybe some lunges. leg day shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes at this point in the game. maybe do abs on this day. do 100 bodyweight calve raises everyday (it works, trust me). chest monday, back tuesday, legs friday. plenty of rest and a good diet. you will grow and get stronger. i believe you are overtraining. a couple months down the road you need access to heavier weights and more exercises. this is a good basis though. fuck p90x

  10. #10
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    some of those exercises they have their own twists on it that plange push up it's not what you stated, from a google search it's explained like this:

    Plange Push-Ups: Similar to a military push-ups but hands are slid further back closer to the rib cage. Fingers tips are out with your thumbs facing forward. Starting in the plank position with your hands close to your rib cage, the first move is essentially a standard push-up. The difference is on the way up. Instead of just coming up, the middle of the back is raised in the plank position.

    Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    also i just noticed i've never even heard of half these damn exercises. and when you say plange pushup do you mean planche? as in your feet are off the ground, you're only supporting your entire bodyweight by your arms only, and are doing a pushup? if you can do that..... you should be pushing way more than 100 pounds bro. more like 350. a very, very, very small percentage of people can do a planche pushup, or hell even a muscle up for that matter. and most of them are gymnasts. p90x must put their own little spin on the planche or something, no way they could expect the average joe to do that. this further solidifies my theory that p90x sucks and is a fitness scam. i need to make my own program and charge people 200 dollars for it.

  11. #11
    Amateur Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jacksonville nc
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    yes you'd think diet is common sense, but the reason it's reiterated is because it's not common sense. so many people come on here wondering why in the hell they can't gain, "their diet is in check". then when you ask them to list it they're eating 500 calories under maintenance. you're not eating alot just because you're full after your 3 meals of the day. same applies with eating clean, a lot of people think they are eating clean til they post it and you're like what the fuck. i'm not accusing you of having a shitty diet, but if you're training and getting good rest, the last factor is the diet. however after seeing you post that workout i think you may be overtraining. it doesn't take much to break the muscle down and that's the whole goal of going to the gym, not to slay yourself to where you don't want to get out of bed the next day or can't function the rest of the day after your workout. you should feel good and energized after your workout. that's why i love going in the mornings. the one perk of my shitty job. also they've got you doing an excessive amount of crazy different bodyweight exercises. you need to get to a gym and do your compound lifts: a variation of bench (i prefer decline), either back squats or front squats (i reccommend front), a variation of deadlifts (i prefer rack pulls if you're just shooting for back strength and size, not looking to compete), vertical pulls and horizontal pulls, dips (rings are the shit), overhead press (standing with barbell is the best), then you've got your accessory lifts. hang cleans for back days, bulgarian squats, lunges or hipsquats for legs, glute ham raises is a MUST, reverse grip bench or floor presses for tris, a squeezing movement like flyes for chest. good mornings for lower back and posterior chain. you should be able to get in there, go heavy, tear the muscle down and be out of there in 45 minutes tops, pouring sweat knowing you just did work. now it's up to your nutrition and quality of rest to build that muscle back up. you WILL see results. IMO, trash the p90x and start your journey in the iron game. good luck. feel free to pm me anytime man

  12. #12
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    thanks for the tips i'm going to make a note of those exercises and check on youtube to see how to do them, might try to get with a personal trainer for a week or so to watch my form but, i'm going to show them those exercises so they know what I'm trying to work on and not let them give me some shitty routine of their own. i guess the most i can do is just call a gym close by and find out around what times of the day there's the least number of people, and go at those times.

    Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    yes you'd think diet is common sense, but the reason it's reiterated is because it's not common sense. so many people come on here wondering why in the hell they can't gain, "their diet is in check". then when you ask them to list it they're eating 500 calories under maintenance. you're not eating alot just because you're full after your 3 meals of the day. same applies with eating clean, a lot of people think they are eating clean til they post it and you're like what the fuck. i'm not accusing you of having a shitty diet, but if you're training and getting good rest, the last factor is the diet. however after seeing you post that workout i think you may be overtraining. it doesn't take much to break the muscle down and that's the whole goal of going to the gym, not to slay yourself to where you don't want to get out of bed the next day or can't function the rest of the day after your workout. you should feel good and energized after your workout. that's why i love going in the mornings. the one perk of my shitty job. also they've got you doing an excessive amount of crazy different bodyweight exercises. you need to get to a gym and do your compound lifts: a variation of bench (i prefer decline), either back squats or front squats (i reccommend front), a variation of deadlifts (i prefer rack pulls if you're just shooting for back strength and size, not looking to compete), vertical pulls and horizontal pulls, dips (rings are the shit), overhead press (standing with barbell is the best), then you've got your accessory lifts. hang cleans for back days, bulgarian squats, lunges or hipsquats for legs, glute ham raises is a MUST, reverse grip bench or floor presses for tris, a squeezing movement like flyes for chest. good mornings for lower back and posterior chain. you should be able to get in there, go heavy, tear the muscle down and be out of there in 45 minutes tops, pouring sweat knowing you just did work. now it's up to your nutrition and quality of rest to build that muscle back up. you WILL see results. IMO, trash the p90x and start your journey in the iron game. good luck. feel free to pm me anytime man

  13. #13
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by VengeanceX7 View Post
    Ill be honest. You have alot of machinces there. You should sell those and buy some more free weights, barbell and plates, cage with a pull up bar and heavier DBs if needed. Bench that goes flat, incline and decline with leg curl/extension on the end. Just my .02. You could do everything with that set up.
    thanks for the input but, the equipment isn't actually mine it's of other members of the household so can't really sell it. could maybe talk about it later with them about upgrading it like you said but, for now i guess my only option is to go to a gym

  14. #14
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    2
    Default
    Dude, head to the gym. It may be rough at first, but that's what the gym is for. It's not meant to better your self physically and mentally. Honestly, I have not seen anyone even in high school make fun of some one. Besides the whole high school "oh you don't lift much," college and post-college, no one cares what you're doing unless you're a hot chick. And if they do, then they're just ass holes.

    My recommendation, go around looking at gyms, find a good decent gym with a fair price, jump onto starting strength training (lots of compounds starting off), throw in some cardio (if you can), eat right, read, read more, and sleep. Repeat all that.

  15. #15
    Pro Bodybuilder Rastas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    4
    Default
    I would've said practice lifting it so you can throw it in a dumpster but these people have been really helpful. Good luck!

  16. #16
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    Thanks for the input. Yes, I realize it's not likely for people to come up to me and just out right ridicule me but, it's a mental issue for me, I have a lot of anxiety and self-conscious, self esteem, depression, bla bla you name it and I have it, so it's just me that I psych myself out and I know that but, it's just how it is. Anyway I mean I will try to go and see what happens hopefully if I start seeing results I'll start getting over it with time.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike428 View Post
    Dude, head to the gym. It may be rough at first, but that's what the gym is for. It's not meant to better your self physically and mentally. Honestly, I have not seen anyone even in high school make fun of some one. Besides the whole high school "oh you don't lift much," college and post-college, no one cares what you're doing unless you're a hot chick. And if they do, then they're just ass holes.

    My recommendation, go around looking at gyms, find a good decent gym with a fair price, jump onto starting strength training (lots of compounds starting off), throw in some cardio (if you can), eat right, read, read more, and sleep. Repeat all that.

  17. #17
    Amateur Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jacksonville nc
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    careful with the personal trainers. 9 out of 10 that i see don't look like they train themselves. hey they could be knowledgeable and that's what's important, but it's like going to a dentist that has bad teeth. also yes a lot of them re going to try and tell you what to do how to do it. make sure you're up front with them and let them know you just need them for a couple sessions to watch your form and maybe give you some tips. honestly man i would just find someone approachable who is doing the same exercise as you, or the same muscle group atleast, and ask them for a couple pointers, or to watch your form and ask them what they think. trust me, the majority of serious lifters are nice guys and are willing to help a newbie out. i've got no problem with someone asking me for some help or to spot them, as long as it's not cutting into my training too much.

  18. #18
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    3
    Default
    i went ahead and signed up to a gym nearby, it's not too far like a 5-10 min. drive and I have access to all their gyms (Anytime Fitness) and in a couple months they are going to open up a new one that's within walking distance from where I live now, they have private bathrooms/showers, open 24/7 so I could go there late night when there's probably nobody there, it's not a huge gym but, he said it doesn't get crowded in there, he said the busiest times are from 5-7pm where there might be about 10 people. When I went around 1pm there was like 3-4 people. A couple fatties lol I don't feel so bad now, I guess I had just psyched myself up over nothing, felt pretty good in there just discussing my goals and what-not with the person there I was dealing with. He's going to be doing the coaching / personal training for me but, I explained to him I already have in mind what I need done (going to bring my notes, I specifically mentioned I need to be learning to do the main compound exercises properly). Like you said, even though he's a personal trainer he wasn't built or anything so I'm going to be sure he doesn't start throwing in his own stuff and going to make sure he's just coaching the routines that I tell him I need to be doing.

    Thanks for the encouragement guys, and telling me to go and do it, I feel good about this decision!

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By username1 in forum Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
  2. By Bullseye Forever in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
  3. By mad mikey in forum General Chat Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:24 PM
  4. By krupt in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
  5. By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

oral anabolics



about steroids







need to build muscle

3Js Nutrition Network

increase my t







need to build muscle