Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Question Ripped/Torn Bicep : Have you had one? and How long did you stay away from lifting?
    Long story short I was working out nice and heavy like i like and i felt/herd a rip, put down dumbells and knew I fucked myself up.
    3 days later and now its brused and looks it's worst.

Thank god it didnt tare right off like I have heard of before.
    but now i KNOW i wont be doing any bicep workouts for months and probibly shouldent do any for a month ( I am hopping in a week or two I can do somthing like shoulders or chest, but am worried)

So any of you ever rip your bicep?

If so how long did you rest it?

Man this F-ing HURTS!
    Last edited by juced_porkchop; 07-30-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Sorry to hear bro that sux. No help for ya either man. Just take ur time . I know jay cutler tore his like 2 weeks before 2010 Olympia. Might b able to find some info that way...

my brother recently snapped his clean off, he has been 4 months with no lifting and not supposed to do much for 2 more, but thats a full tear so im not sure how much less time it would take for a part tear

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Shit that sucks bro. I found a link on how to speed up recovery, worth a read. How to Speed up Healing of Torn Muscles | GolfLink.com

depends on the extent of the injury, partial tear u should be ok with ur pushing movements after a few weeks out.pulling movements however could take time !

jonior bodybuilder jon emberlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juced_porkchop View Post
    Long story short I was working out nice and heavy like i like and i felt/herd a rip, put dotn dumbells and knew i fucked myself up.
    3 days later and now its brused and looks its worst.

Thank god it didnt tare right off like I have heard of before.
    but now i KNOW i wont be doing any bicep workouts for months and probibly shouldent do any for a month ( I am hopping in a week or two I can do somthing like shoulders or chest, but am worried)

So any of you ever rip your bicep?

If so how long did you rest it?

Man this F-ing HURTS!
    My rip felt like someone ramming a 18 guage needle and a electric shock into the muscle.Like you i got lucky and no detachment. Pain and no use for about 8 weeks.
    Last edited by jon emberlin; 07-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks for all the input guys! :-D

I have only done 2 mild workouts and NONE on the bicep. but the last workout (yesterday, tri-ceps, fourarms) I felt good.

I still wont lift heavy on biceps, but I think Im good to start working my way back up. :-D
    I thought I would be out till like sept or oct.

I was finishing up a igf1lr3, ghrp-2, cjc and mk677 run (still 2 more weeks of mk677) so that along with the fact I was on cycle of trene300mg/teste500mg ew, I think helped heal me up quicker! :-)

indeed i had a similiar thing when i was running peps, I have a bastard of a shoulder tear right in the labrum causes me all kinds of pain. However when i was running high doses 300-600mg of ghrp x3 a day the pain was hardly thier .

Quote Originally Posted by Diced View Post
    indeed i had a similiar thing when i was running peps, I have a bastard of a shoulder tear right in the labrum causes me all kinds of pain. However when i was running high doses 300-600mg of ghrp x3 a day the pain was hardly thier .
    Good to know! Just finished a study of RUI's CJC and GHRP and I think it helped the study issue also!
    at the very least sped it up.

ripped bicep
    Quote Originally Posted by juced_porkchop View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys! :-D

I have only done 2 mild workouts and NONE on the bicep. but the last workout (yesterday, tri-ceps, fourarms) I felt good.

I still wont lift heavy on biceps, but I think Im good to start working my way back up. :-D
    I thought I would be out till like sept or oct.

I was finishing up a igf1lr3, ghrp-2, cjc and mk677 run (still 2 more weeks of mk677) so that along with the fact I was on cycle of trene300mg/teste500mg ew, I think helped heal me up quicker! :-)
    man if it's not completely torn consider yourself lucky. if I was you, as I have suffered aimilar tear, I would drop my bicep workouts and take one of those pussy ass pink or blue women's dumbells and do high rep curls while watching tv or sitting around. it gets the blood in the area and it will heal quicker than you think. ice it after you do the high reps. do them on any or every day it's not to sore. worked for me. good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Diced View Post
    when you came off the peps did it return as bad or worse? just curious. I've got a real prick of a left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnold View Post
    when you came off the peps did it return as bad or worse? just curious. I've got a real prick of a left shoulder.
    for me a bit more pain. but thats the name of the game. :-)

That really blows the cock. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Junior Bodybuilder
    Hey bro what happened with ur bicep? I just had surgery to repair mine a few weeks ago. I completely ruptured the bicep tendon and had to have it reconstructed and re-attached. Sucks and I'm dying to get back into the gym. Get my cast off tomorrow. Bright side is I have a lot of time to stock pile gear for my next cycle! Anyway, wanted to know how bad yours was and how long it took to recover if you have already.

Novice
    14 months after complete tear and surgery : bicep is still weaker and slightly smaller than opposite side , some forearm pain and elbow tendonitis.
    reason for tear : tendons were weak from too much tren and test, non stop year round!!! switched to low dose test and high dose eqipoise and deca to improve collagen synthesis ....wish i could afford HGH... This would not have happened if i had read the excellent article by StoneColdNTO on collagen sythesis.
    Tha Rock , after 4 months you can start lifting very light weights , listen to what your surgeon advises, they see these injuries often.

Thread Information