Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sir Anabolic
  • 1 Post By Matt0071
  • 1 Post By Down Unda Thunda
Thread:

tricep training

Question tricep training
    just curious to know what exercises, not looking for weight amounts, etc....just wondering what most guys are doing. I train them on chest day, and do very heavy weighted dips so that part of the three headed tri is getting hit. I'm done with close grip bench as I have enough size in the arms, looking to shape the upper tri and get that horseshoe shape. I know the recommended movements for this but just wondering what works best for others.

I train them with biceps. Usually start with pulldowns (rope preferred) the rest I'll ab lib. I like skull crushers, dips, seated machine dips, reverse 1 arm pulldowns, 2 arm dumbell extensions and I'll throw in a couple random ones here and there.
    Bullseye Forever likes this.

thanks man,
    my only complaint with pull downs or push downs with a rope is over 25 years I have always found them to bother my elbows with the rope for some reason. skull crushers have always been a favorite and I think I may hit some today, it's been awhile. I used to superset the with overhead dumbells extensions, nice pump.
    by the way, you genetically gifted with calves and added some training? what's your secret? site inj? ...lol just kiddin, they look,great.

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    i train my triceps with my biceps,i start with close grip bench(decline) then skullcrushers and finish with v-bar or straight bar pressdowns,then switch order of excercises from month to month

Train with Biceps- Good to get the blood flown in those arms

Skull Crushers
    Over head DB Extension
    V Bar Pulldown
    Machine Seated Dips

3 sets each exercise, usually 10-12 reps

I dont know about anyone else,but i get better growth out of Incline tate presses(or skullcrushers as i call them)seems to hit all 3 heads of the muscle......i used to use dips,but after my shoulder surgery,i can anymore to much on it

Dungeon Dweller Down Unda Thunda's Avatar
    TATE PRESS = Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Unda Thunda View Post
    TATE PRESS = Winner.
    indeed i love'em!!!!

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I train triceps with chest, starting with twelves sets of chest exercises divided into 3 (incline, decline, bench press, flys etc.) mixing it up everytime to keep the body guessing then 8 sets of triceps divided into 2 because you've already given them a good work out with the chest exercises. ( weighted dips, sckullcrushers, pull down etc)

wtf is a Tate press?

Quote Originally Posted by Harnold View Post
    wtf is a Tate press?
    Bullseye Forever answered that in post #6 "i get better growth out of Incline tate presses(or skullcrushers as i call them)"

Amateur Bodybuilder Chicago Made's Avatar
    skull crushers are the best for tri's!

thanks man,
    my only complaint with pull downs or push downs with a rope is over 25 years I have always found them to bother my elbows with the rope for some reason. skull crushers have always been a favorite and I think I may hit some today, it's been awhile. I used to superset the with overhead dumbells extensions, nice pump.
    by the way, you genetically gifted with calves and added some training? what's your secret? site inj? ...lol just kiddin, they look,great.
    haha, thanks bro. Just genetics, I hit them with 10 sets every week. Standing calf raises, seated and sometimes calf presses on the leg press. I also like to pyramid my sets. Usually 15 down to 6.

Junior Bodybuilder BeastinTheEast's Avatar
    I love training tri's with chest, favorite movement would be rope pushdown with Fat grips on them + pull aparts at the bottom, i sit back towards the pad and push away slightly so i keep tension on them. Funny thing is i tried tricep kickbacks (db's) with the fat grips and had an insane pump going after those. Usually end with skull crushers to stretch them out. I like to start my workouts with contracted position style exercises and end with stretch style so the muscle is pumped up already and the stretch causes extra tension even with lighter weights.

I have GOT to try incline tate press', i have tried flat and they really bothered my elbows maybe the incline will be better.

I think these "Tate" presses are an incline version of what was originally called a French press (skull crushers) in my day. anyone know wtf I'm talking about? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeastinTheEast View Post
    I love training tri's with chest, favorite movement would be rope pushdown with Fat grips on them + pull aparts at the bottom, i sit back towards the pad and push away slightly so i keep tension on them. Funny thing is i tried tricep kickbacks (db's) with the fat grips and had an insane pump going after those. Usually end with skull crushers to stretch them out. I like to start my workouts with contracted position style exercises and end with stretch style so the muscle is pumped up already and the stretch causes extra tension even with lighter weights.

I have GOT to try incline tate press', i have tried flat and they really bothered my elbows maybe the incline will be better.
    i love them,i bring the bar behind my head instead to my forhead,and it doesnt bother my elbows

I think these "Tate" presses are an incline version of what was originally called a French press in my day. anyone know wtf I'm talking about? lol
    yes it was originally called French Press

I do three tricep exercises with my back day: Pushdowns, Lying Extensions, and Seated Press. Yeah only three because I go to failure on each one. I'm almost always sore afterwards.

I train my tri's with shoulders and my 3 favorites are easily skulls, cable extensions, 1 & 2 arm dumbell extensions.

CGBP, youtube jay cutlers tricep workout. man he had a fukd bicep in the olympia a year ago so he had to make up for that with his triceps check it out .

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    i love them,i bring the bar behind my head instead to my forhead,and it doesnt bother my elbows

yes it was originally called French Press
    guess I'm showing my age brother.....lol

Old fuck
    Close grip bench press is my favorite, dips bother my shoulder. Various barbell or DB extensions. Triceps for me get trained the same day I work on my bench or other pressing exercises. (Westside/conjugate training). My favorite type of extension is probably, or at least currently, decline DB triceps extensions with short rest periods between sets.

Thundernuts
    skull krushers, dumbell kickbacks. same day as bicep training

Amateur Bodybuilder
    dips on rings. other than that i feel they get hit well enough when working chest and shoulders.

Novice
    Close grip pushups hit the tris hard

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Anabolic View Post
    I train them with biceps. Usually start with pulldowns (rope preferred) the rest I'll ab lib. I like skull crushers, dips, seated machine dips, reverse 1 arm pulldowns, 2 arm dumbell extensions and I'll throw in a couple random ones here and there.
    me too

Thread Information