Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Junior Bodybuilder
    2 a days question
    I have started doing 2 a days the last 2 weeks, I go to the gym at 6am and again at around 7pm. I go in the morning with a friend of mine and work out hard in the morning. I feel I can work a little harder in the mornings so I push hard. I work out with my wife in the evening. Everyone is on the same workout schedule/routine so I have been doing the same workouts 2 times a day. The evening workouts I do very light weights. My wife enjoys working out with me so I can't complain about going when she gets in better and better shape lol. I have been focusing on pre and post workout nutrition so I am fueled up to workout the second time. So far everything is going well.

For example, this morning I did legs
    5 sets of working sets of squats 315x8
    3 sets of hack squat machine 7 45lb plates on each side
    3 sets of calve raises
    3 sets of weighted lunges 60lb dumbbells in each hand

Tonight I will do
    5 sets of squat 185lbs x 8 reps
    3 sets of hack squat machine 3 plates on each side
    3 sets of calve raises
    3 sets of weighted lunges 30lbs each hand

My body hasn't felt over trained doing this yet, I am sore for about 2 to 3 days. I do each muscle group every 3 days, more focused on compound movements and not as much isolation stuff. My strength and weight are still going up, but the Test is helping with that too. Does anyone have any experience with doing something like this? Would something like this eventually lead to injuries or is it ok with how easy the second workout is?

Novice
    IMO I would not train legs twice in the same day why ? personally I would train the upper body on your second section in the gym let the legs recover otherwise the routine looks ok good luck cheers GT

Super Baller Ass Novice sealevel's Avatar
    Agreed, nothing wrong with 2 a days but the same muscle group is a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    Agreed, nothing wrong with 2 a days but the same muscle group is a little much.
    Agreed

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by tkiller View Post
    Agreed
    I have only been doing this for about 2 weeks, my body hasn't told me to quit yet but I can see where it may lead to over training. I do 2 of the same group because everyone I work out with is on the same routine as I am so I don't want to mess everyone else up. What about doing something like the same muscle groups, but targeting different parts of each muscle. Say for instance doing legs, in the mornings do everything wide stance to target the glutes more, then in the evening do everything narrow stance to target the quads more. Or with bench, do everything wide grip in the mornings, then everything narrow in the evenings etc. I know it is still working the same muscles, but maybe targeting them differently.

As I said, so far my body seems to be ok with doing it this way. I make sure the second workout is a very easy one, I still get a pump going but I work out hard in the mornings. I think I am going to give it one more week to see if I feel any effects of over training, possible injuries coming etc. and I will keep your guy's advice in mind for sure. I appreciate the input!

ur never going to grow. ull hit a platue u need to rest my friend .

5 days a week 45 min sessions x1 a day thats if ur young/healthy and have descent recoop abilitys, if u wanna train like u are saying above i suggest u jump on a bike

Amateur Bodybuilder
    don't want to mess everyone else up? it's about you man, and everyone is different. you want to waste your time and energy training for no gains just so you don't mess everyone up? this is an individual effort sport my friend. i'm not saying change anything, if it's working then good keep at it. just don't have that mentality that you need to do it because others are.

Thread Information