Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Thread:

Recovery??

Recovery??
    Looking for some input on my situation-

Ive been training off and on for awile but a few years back i took a job that wears me out physically. I work 10-12 hours a day mon-fri. Its very stressfull and VERY physical. I eat on the go with little to no breaks during the day. I try to get enough cals and proteins in as much as possible to grow and maintain size. Im forced to workout just on the weekends because thats the only time i have the energy and strength to do so. Ive even tried to run a few cycles to combat this. I have seen results but i feel like my body is not gettin the recovery time it needs cause im stressin' my muscles on a daily basis. Am i fighting a losing battle with trying to bodybuild and having this shitty job?

Fighting a losing battle? No. In a highly difficult anabolic situation? Yes. I used to work construction and went through the same crap. What I did was pack massive lunches and protein bars. I stuffed a few monster protein bars while I was working every 2 hrs, I'd eat one of those 300 cal protein bars. They would obviously melt some but I didnt care.

I then adopted HIT training principles. When work was over straight to the gym bc I knew if I went home, that would be it. I'd be in and out of the gym in 40 minutes with a great work out.

Id train 4 days a week, with 3 days off for rest and I still do this today I liked it so much. W/O days: Sat & Sun, Monday Rest, W/O Tuesday, Wednesday Rest, W/O Thursday, Friday Rest an repeat.

Good Luck, Bro!

Amateur Bodybuilder
    workout after work like smitherine said, you're already taxed, why take those two precious days you have off and work some more? your CNS is gonna be overloaded. very quick intense workouts with just big compound movements, 3 days a week max. chest day, back day, leg day. don't worry about arms, i would throw some shoulders in on chest though. see how that works out and relax as much as possible, even while at work, don't let stupid shit stress you out bro. I sort of have the same problem, i'm in the marine corps. 80% of the time we aren't doing jack shit (your tax dollars at work!) because i'm in the infantry. but when we do do our job, it's either deployment or out in the field. i don't know what i'm gonna do when it comes time to go to the field in a couple weeks, i pin on wednesdays and sundays. oh well, wouldn't it be nice to just get paid to lift?

Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    workout after work like smitherine said, you're already taxed, why take those two precious days you have off and work some more? your CNS is gonna be overloaded. very quick intense workouts with just big compound movements, 3 days a week max. chest day, back day, leg day. don't worry about arms, i would throw some shoulders in on chest though. see how that works out and relax as much as possible, even while at work, don't let stupid shit stress you out bro. I sort of have the same problem, i'm in the marine corps. 80% of the time we aren't doing jack shit (your tax dollars at work!) because i'm in the infantry. but when we do do our job, it's either deployment or out in the field. i don't know what i'm gonna do when it comes time to go to the field in a couple weeks, i pin on wednesdays and sundays. oh well, wouldn't it be nice to just get paid to lift?
    When you figure out how to do that please let everyone know.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    it feels like i do sometimes, those days we don't do shit. show up, lift, nap, eat, go home. then reality kicks in.

preciate it fellas

good advice above !

I am banned!
    did u know that sergio olivia used to work 10-12 hours/day heavy working and managed to workout at the gym for 2-3 hours and win MR.O titles back then?So impossible is nothing.

yeah serge was beast, any wonder he had fores like treetrunks

Thread Information