Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Bicep Tendonitis
    I have bicep tendonitis in both arms. My right arm hasn't flared up in about a year but half way through this cycle my left bicep has flared up so bad to a point where I can no longer do bicep work. In fact, I can only do certain machine based exercises for my back that don't hurt my bicep. I can no longer do barbell bench because the pressure put on the area when lifting the bar off the bench flares it up. I have to stick to dumbbells and machine work.

I'll be starting post cycle therapy (pct) as soon as my stuff arrives from Uncle.

So given the above information, how do I go about healing this? In the past I've had to take some time off from the gym - three months - to heal it but that doesn't guarantee it won't come back. Do I wait to take some time off AFTER post cycle therapy (pct)? During post cycle therapy (pct)? Or do I focus on still working out but just use machines to avoid unnecessary pressure to allow for healing? I guess I'm just looking for an answer OTHER than an extended period of time off from the gym.

Thanks!

naprosyn works good

Novice
    Bicepes
    I suffer from the same thing from time to time for the past 5 years. I try to wear a neoprene sleeve as much as I can to keep it warm and heal it. I take aleive every morning and night that seems to calm it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    I suffer from the same thing from time to time for the past 5 years. I try to wear a neoprene sleeve as much as I can to keep it warm and heal it. I take aleive every morning and night that seems to calm it down.
    Are you able to do bicep exercises? I wear a sleeve too but have never tried Alieve.

heavy .

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    steven its a bitch,i have it to sometimes,wha i do for bicep curls,is set on a bench with a 30lb BB or EZ curl bar and do half curls so i wont strech my arm all the way down,i just curl it up then down to my knees,and after a few weeks its gets som much better,i do alot of concentration curls to that helps,and as you benching with a bar hurts the fuck out of mine to,esp if i try to much weight,mine is the big bicep tendon that connects it to my elbow,and when its inflamed,hurts like a mutherfucker,so i feel your pain,doing half curls really helps and takes the pressure of the injury

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    steven its a bitch,i have it to sometimes,wha i do for bicep curls,is set on a bench with a 30lb BB or EZ curl bar and do half curls so i wont strech my arm all the way down,i just curl it up then down to my knees,and after a few weeks its gets som much better,i do alot of concentration curls to that helps,and as you benching with a bar hurts the fuck out of mine to,esp if i try to much weight,mine is the big bicep tendon that connects it to my elbow,and when its inflamed,hurts like a mutherfucker,so i feel your pain,doing half curls really helps and takes the pressure of the injury
    Heading out to the gym now, it's "Gunday" for me. I'll give that a try! Thanks brother!

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmd View Post
    Heading out to the gym now, it's "Gunday" for me. I'll give that a try! Thanks brother!
    good deal man,let me know how it goes today,hopefully it will help some

Do Not Contact
    I had very severe rendonitus in my shoulder that was constantly nagging me on and off for years. Last fall I finaly just took about 5 weeks off from training. No lifting what so ever and it has been months since i've been back lifting and I have zero problems. I think sometimes thse injuries can go away bit it means taking some time off and not a lot of people want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside06 View Post
    I had very severe rendonitus in my shoulder that was constantly nagging me on and off for years. Last fall I finaly just took about 5 weeks off from training. No lifting what so ever and it has been months since i've been back lifting and I have zero problems. I think sometimes thse injuries can go away bit it means taking some time off and not a lot of people want to do that.
    Sometimes it goes away when I take time off, sometimes it doesn't. Even wrestling with my kids can make it flare up or lifting a grocery bag.

Well, I tried doing concentration curls. I was able to do 2 sets with 30# dumbbells but then it started to hurt slightly so I stopped. But at least it was 2 more sets than I normally would be able to do!

Been taking the Aleve since suggested on here. Seems to be helping some but I've laid off all bicep exercises for a few months. Hopefully it - and my shoulder - will be healed in time for my next cycle.

naproxen
    buy the generic naproxen instead of Aleve, it's the exact same medication, just Aleve costs way more. same dosage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnold View Post
    buy the generic naproxen instead of Aleve, it's the exact same medication, just Aleve costs way more. same dosage as well.
    The problem with the OTC naprosyn is the recommended dose is no more than 250mg 2x day. I have a naprosyn script that I still maintain from when I had my labrum repaired. The dosage is 500mg 2x a day and it works well to get rid of the little bit of tendonitis that I get from time to time in the repaired arm. According to my surgeon, to get the same relief from the joint/tendon inflamation as you get from 500mg of naprosyn 2x a day, you'd need to take 800mg of Ibuprofen 4x a day.

Thread Information