Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    building a full chest
    I dont no fellas i dont no what it is but ive tryed everything and nothing seems to help with building me a big solid chest. How often do u guys who have obtained a descent size chest hit it ? how do u hit it? and how much rest do u let it get before banging it out again ? it frustrates me it lags big time

Either you stay "diced" or you eat to grow. From your previous posts I know that you want to be shredded year round. Thats good for you but if you want to put size on your chest or any other muscle its going to be difficult if your not eating to grow, and that may mean putting on some bf in the process. With that said, for me I've found the best progress in my chest with heavy dumbell presses and dumbell flys. Chest I only train once a week. If your hitting it hard enough you shouldn't need to do more than that.

I wish I could hit your avi once a week min.

A.B
    Genetics is #1 first and foremost.

A lot of people do not do proper form, do not lock out at the top and when you bring the bar down to your chest you need to feel the stretch of the pec. If your not getting the stretch feeling then you're not lifting properly.

thanks heaps fellas, Meathead96 this is true i actually pondered this thought this morning ive never actually done a full blown bulk i plan on doing one with 3j tho, i just love my abs loosing them will hurt but f*** i want a big chest so it may b the answer. Also currently i hit each muscle once a week thats sufficent isnt it ? ive got idiots on bodybuilding.com telling me to hit each muscle twice per week : / wtf . to b honest i cant belive im asking but i just want clarification .

Yeah once a week is good. Twice a week is overkill imo. I would def be overtraining if I worked muscles twice a week. Good luck with working with 3J. That will be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead96 View Post
    Yeah once a week is good. Twice a week is overkill imo. I would def be overtraining if I worked muscles twice a week.
    Bingo, young guys think they always need to keep that pump feeling in order to grow when in fact it's the opposite. In order to grow your muscles need to rest long enough between workouts to build.

Yeah i was of this opinion, check out the deaders on bodybuilding.com almost turned into a keyboard warrior over thier .

Junior Bodybuilder BeastinTheEast's Avatar
    I agree with above, size is put on from eating, training AND recovering. Experiment with splits but i would say training a body part HARD 1x a week or every 6 days works best, well for me at least.. Even when on a PH it works better for me, i saw your on an epi cycle. I think most guys make the mistake of training way too much and under-eating. You can build that chest man you just gotta start eating a lot more, you will never know until you try!

Junior Bodybuilder BeastinTheEast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diced View Post
    Yeah i was of this opinion, check out the deaders on bodybuilding.com almost turned into a keyboard warrior over thier .
    I hate that forum... it's about as informative as 4chan for weightlifting, there's some good posters here and there that's about it.

Novice
    High rep squats with dumbell pullovers works well to good luck

CHEERS GT

thanks gentleman, yeah its full of idiots doing self poses with thier phones and have modest physiques tellin people what to do. meh . i think ill stick with ology .

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    i agree with all other posters!!!!

have you ever tried just DB's a couple of months to change up your routine? it helps sometimes to change things up,i myself have the same problem and i can actually do better with DB's it just stretches my pecs more and i feel it more cause you can go down aalot further than you can a bar,just a suggestion

hey man i have the same problem, maybe try some pre exhaust for a while? also form form form, slow negatives and explode up. rinse and repeat, best of luck

also i was just looking bcak at some old workouts of mine,maybe start your chest workouts backwards sometime,start out with cable crossovers,DB flys,DB presses and finish with BB presses,its different and might help ya some,you wont be able to press as much weight at the end,but your form will be better with lighter weight

Do Not Contact
    Try using dumbells....doing incline before bench. changing your grip on BB presses.

Intersection of nutrition, training, rest, genetics, and gear.
    Form is extremely important. Try to keep your traps and lats down and tight, your shoulders back and try to pinch your shoulder blades together, arch your back. When you bring the weight down you should feel a great stretch in the pec at the bottom of the motion. Don't lock out completely as this takes pressure off the pec and puts it unnecessarily on the elbow joints, triceps, and deltoids. Bring your elbows down toward your side, don't flare them out...doing this will put more of the load on the pec and less on the front deltoids.

Incline DB presses holding the DBs at a slight angle to my body (not perpendicular) at a higher angle (like 60 degrees) bench using the above technique made my upper chest grow noticeably in a few weeks time.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DaHurt View Post
    Form is extremely important. Try to keep your traps and lats down and tight, your shoulders back and try to pinch your shoulder blades together, arch your back. When you bring the weight down you should feel a great stretch in the pec at the bottom of the motion. Don't lock out completely as this takes pressure off the pec and puts it unnecessarily on the elbow joints, triceps, and deltoids. Bring your elbows down toward your side, don't flare them out...doing this will put more of the load on the pec and less on the front deltoids.

Incline DB presses holding the DBs at a slight angle to my body (not perpendicular) at a higher angle (like 60 degrees) bench using the above technique made my upper chest grow noticeably in a few weeks time.

Good luck!
    Listen to this hole and you will grow!!

Big bench = big chest. DBs are good, but TBH once your get to a certain level they just aren't heavy enough. I take pride in my chest and credit all to BB bench. Keep good form and your chest will have no option to grow. Focus on getting your bench up, you can look up routines to help get a bigger bench. I promise your chest will grow. Take a break like every one suggests, once in a while and change it up, but the bread and butter for chest IMO, is bench.

http://www.bigcat844.com/bench-workout.html

that routine is pretty decent...I did it just once a week and increased my bench pretty good. Real focus on low reps.
    Last edited by OmegaReign; 02-20-2012 at 04:29 PM.

thankyou all ill report back in a few months on how i went taking all ur advice into account

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHurt View Post

Good luck!
    Would this load the delt's at a higher angle? 45 and less would load the pec's, right?

You can't go heavy enough with dumbbells....use barbell for heavier weights. Flat bench and decline bench with extra-wide grip. Finish off with cable crossovers as heavy as you can for 4 sets/10-12 reps

Which part of the chest isn't growing? I do a lot of incline bench and dumbbell flies. If u have a big uper chest ur whole chest will look big at least for me. A lot of bench gives u a big mid peck which can look like boobs..lol U need to do all three parts of ur chest and the line of ur chest like peck deck flies. After that u wont be able to do it but once a week.. And I took a pic from my phone on my avater ..lol

i gotta do something different,my damn chest wont grow,i need something really out of the ordinary to work

Do Not Contact
    Reverse grip bench press!! Much easier on your shoulders and hit's your upper chest better than incline.

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information