Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Hitting muscles twice a week?
    When i first started lifting in highschool i had ZERO experience....had the heart...but not the experience lol. For months i would hit my muscles twice a week and spend 3 hours a day in the gym. I had NO results...maybe up my bench about 5 pounds every 3 weeks or so haha. Then i started only hitting them once a week and spending only an hour and a half in the gym a day and thats when growth and strength started happening.

All of that was before the GEAR. Now that im on it ive still been hitting my muscles once a week and im having awesome results. Its been 2 months and my bench is up 75 pounds, deadlift is up almost 100 pounds. Now that im on the gear should i hit my muscles twice a week? My bench goes up 15 to 20 pounds a week, working out chest once a week....but i feel rested and ready to go about 2 days after. Should i do it twice a week now? I dont want to overtrain and diminish my results...i just want to switch it up bit. But if i do these major lifts twice a week then i cant have an arm day...that would be to much.(i LOVE arm day) Thoughts? What do you guys do? Thank you
    Last edited by DTFzombies; 01-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Novice
    I believe that you can work muslces twice a week and see GREAT gains. All my life I`ve been working them twice a week (at least the big muscles). You just have to be careful not to overlap muscles on different days. For me I worry about my triceps since chest, and shoulders need rest before and after for triceps unless working them the same day. It all depends on what your goals are too. If youre a heavy lifter then a once a week plan would be more suitable for you, conversely a person that likes cutting with the higher reps could do a twice-a-week plan. Arnold worked his muscles 3 times a week with a 2 day split routine so you have to take that into consideration.

Honestly, I find that working muscles twice a week should be the limit. My plan is:

Day 1: Chest, Back, Shoulders

Day 2: Legs

Day 3: Chest, Tris, Traps

Day 4: Back, Bis

Day 5: Shoulders, Traps

Day 6: Legs, Bis (opt)

Day 7: REST

Sometimes on Day 6 Ill do biceps just because I like the pump when only doing biceps for upper body in a day. I`ll normally keep the reps higher on that day too

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    IMO i think you can work your smaller muscle twice a week and make good gains,like triceps and biceps,for example,but large muscle groups take longer to recovery from esp if you are bulking,if you are powerlifting nealry all of them work chest twice a week,but its pure strength they are looking for,lift heavy on monday and then thursday lift for speed

me personally i just work 1 muscle group/day its the best routines for me,for some twice may be good,it depends on the person

Novice
    Hey bullseye First Blood quote right?

Too much for me. I prefer once a week and not too much isolation work. Its just counterproductive for me to train the same body part twice a week especially with high volume.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead96 View Post
    Too much for me. I prefer once a week and not too much isolation work. Its just counterproductive for me to train the same body part twice a week especially with high volume.
    thats true for most lifters. you run into problems because almost everything you do hits more than 1 muscle . chest day trashes shoulders and triceps along with chest . back day trashes biceps , etc.
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

Intersection of nutrition, training, rest, genetics, and gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    thats true for most lifters. you run into problems because almost everything you do hits more than 1 muscle . chest day trashes shoulders and triceps along with chest . back day trashes biceps , etc.
    This^

For example in the routine posted above, you're hitting triceps on days 1, 3, and 5 (assuming you do shoulder presses).

Novice
    Thats why i dont have a tri only day because their getting worked at 3/4 on 1 and 5 and fully on 3

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingButAPeanut View Post
    Hey bullseye First Blood quote right?
    indeed !!

Short answer no !ur heading to snap central . The body needs rest unless ur on cycle !

Thread Information