Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

New Bench Template
    Alright well the new Metal Viking shirt will be here end of the week..I chose the shirt because once i become proficient at using the shirt it can be cut and altered to be a true open back and can be jacked up further..Karin didnt reccomend cutting the shirt so i would eventually have to purchase another if i wanted to go the open back route..With the Metal i feel i already have a strong shirt and once technique is down ( should take a week or 2 j/k lol) i can jack it up and get more out of it..

Ok with that out of the way im thinking of dropping speed work and such for 10-12 weeks and do more of a metal militia style training based on Shawn Lattimers variation..Nothing is in stone things can be changed..listening to the body is important as well..

heres what im thinking

Wednesday: ME Bench (heavy day)
    Raw warm up..go up to about 70-80% raw max rep range 8-1

Shirt work:Lattimer lays out percentages to be used..but for me ill be breaking in the shirt.. will be using boards( 4brd down to 2 brd) before going totally full range..

shirt off
    Rack Lockouts 2-4 inch range of motion
    work up to a 3RM

Tricep exercise 3 sets 5-10 reps (dpending on feel)
    tate presses, floor presses, CG Decline etc

Sunday: Assistance day
    CG presses as a warm up or work up to 3RM

6brd press
    work up to 3RM

5brd press
    work up to 3RM

tricep move 3x6-8

Delt work (not to failure rep range 10-15)
    side laterals
    rear delt work

Questions, comments please..i will not answer questions about JCP's sexuality TY

Community Veteran
    you got someone who knows how to use a shirt to help you?

is the shirt poly or denim? single or dbl ply? is it copmpletely closed back or just the neck? all these variables will determine how you bench.

the trick to shirted benching is getting the weight to touch. if it touches easliy then your shirt is too big.

double ply poly closed neck
    im going to try to get to II at least for shirted bench and get some lessons from someone there..

im going to be working with a few people at my gym..ive been coaching a few people at my gym but like me they're inexperienced..

if youve never been in a shirt how do you know what should touch and what shouldnt?

Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard
    double ply poly closed neck
    im going to try to get to II at least for shirted bench and get some lessons from someone there..

im going to be working with a few people at my gym..ive been coaching a few people at my gym but like me they're inexperienced..

if youve never been in a shirt how do you know what should touch and what shouldnt?
    you need to be around some experienced lifters BB. trust me you gonna save your self a lot of wasted time buy seeking help from someone thats in the know on bench shirts. plus if you training with inexperinced guys who dont know how the shirt works then they dont know how to spot either. you can get you little throat crushed in a flash in these shirts. it throws the weight back and if you dont catch it. crushed larynx is the soup dejour'.

didnt you say you was close to benor's gym? if so make the drive once a week anyway just for the shirt work. those guys would love to help you. anyone squatting over a grand while amazing grace is playing is alright on my book.\

and once again what touches and what dont touch depends on you finding the groove of the shirt. trust me it will not be your natural groove and youll be fightingh it every inch of the way. you gotta realx and let the shirt do the work on descent. once it stops you simply roll up and touch. i can touch 405 in my karin if i have to but its tough. the other day the rage x has a different groove and i coudnt get 405 close. i didnt go any heavier that day cause of my peck injury. but with a litle work i am sure i can get 405 to touch but i aint concerend with touching 405. the big advantage to an open back is that you can set it up differently for heavier weights. the closed backs you only got a limited area of set up. the open backs slide up or down no prob. the lower it is on your chest the harder it hits.

these are the things experienced lifters can show you.
    Last edited by pullinbig; 02-08-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pullinbig
    you need to be around some experienced lifters BB. trust me you gonna save your self a lot of wasted time buy seeking help from someone thats in the know on bench shirts. plus if you training with inexperinced guys who dont know how the shirt works then they dont know how to spot either. you can get you little throat crushed in a flash in these shirts. it throws the weight back and if you dont catch it. crushed larynx is the soup dejour'.

didnt you say you was close to benor's gym? if so make the drive once a week anyway just for the shirt work. those guys would love to help you. anyone squatting over a grand while amazing grace is playing is alright on my book.
    yep that's iron island..thats where i was thinking of going for shirt day and hooking up with the expereinced people

i hear ya on the inexperiences as well as just lifitng with people that are much better than you..im going to a meet there on the 26th of this month and plan to meet a few guys from there and that is something i will be talking with tem about!! thnx PB

Community Veteran
    good deal. I am looking forward to your first meet. hopefully this year. your sweety prolly got some good tips as well on shirted benching. =0)

good deal. I am looking forward to your first meet. hopefully this year. your sweety prolly got some good tips as well on shirted benching. =0)
    shes in the same boat..i think she needs to get over to that gym as well..
    im planning on doing one this year once get all my gear and get used to it..its something i really wanna do

bb just putting on a closed back poly for a newbie can kick your ass , theres all kinds of tricks of the trade a experienced bro could show you . i went to a contest in georgia a few years ago and stood and watched 3 of the biggest mugs youve ever seen wrestle another big mug till they were all worn out trying to put on a shirt that was probably to tight to begin with , they didnt have it half way on and stopped to catch their breath [ i shit you not ] i walked over and said do you mind if i try and they looked at me like i had lost my mind . i had it on him and adjusted right in no time flat and it would have taken longer if i didnt have to explain what i needed the guy to do . steve goggins was laughing his ass off at the look on those guys faces , it was like i parted rthe red sea or something [ or as pullinbig would say sumthin ]lol
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

thnks Dawg..
    i hear ya i really do wanna hook up with some poeple who take their lifting seriously as well as to learn from them...

pretty boy
    didnt you say you was close to benor's gym? if so make the drive once a week anyway just for the shirt work. those guys would love to help you. anyone squatting over a grand while amazing grace is playing is alright on my book.\
    you dork- you just asked me who chris taylor is- he and john bernor work out together at iron island.
    damn jp, the things you have yet to learn...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by wench
    you dork- you just asked me who chris taylor is- he and john bernor work out together at iron island.

lol
    the hamster spinning the cage in his head runs a little slow sometimes .
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

pretty boy

i'm not the most experience shirt bencher- never lifted with anyone who even used one. at least i have someone to help me in and out of mine and to spot me.
    I could only help BB to a point- i can't lift off for him or spot him- all i could do is direct his spotters if they were inexperienced and help him out of his clothes. i mean shirt.

help him out of his clothes. i mean shirt.
    will you scratch my itch for me?

pretty boy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard
    will you scratch my itch for me?
    SURE!
    (where is it?)
    lol

Community Veteran

lol
    i love it when you talk mean to me. makes my nipples hard.

and dawgy its "sumpin"

How much on your max can you expect from a shirt. If you can do about 530lbs as your 1RM what should you be able to do with a shirt?

pretty boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoleburn
    How much on your max can you expect from a shirt. If you can do about 530lbs as your 1RM what should you be able to do with a shirt?
    it all depends on the shirt and your level of expertise with it.
    I get around 50 out of mine, but i'm benching much less than you and don't have an expensive shirt.

100-200 from a good shirt setup, Chabot claimed to get only 25-30 though out of a poly and his raw bench shows it.
    He who overcomes others has force; He who overcomes himself is strong. Lao-tzu

Aspiring Elite PLer

and once again what touches and what dont touch depends on you finding the groove of the shirt. trust me it will not be your natural groove and youll be fightingh it every inch of the way. you gotta realx and let the shirt do the work on descent. once it stops you simply roll up and touch. i can touch 405 in my karin if i have to but its tough. the other day the rage x has a different groove and i coudnt get 405 close. i didnt go any heavier that day cause of my peck injury. but with a litle work i am sure i can get 405 to touch but i aint concerend with touching 405. the big advantage to an open back is that you can set it up differently for heavier weights. the closed backs you only got a limited area of set up. the open backs slide up or down no prob. the lower it is on your chest the harder it hits.

these are the things experienced lifters can show you.

im not gonna claim to be a bench shirt expert, because im not. i just got mine, and tried it out for the first time today, but some advice that was given to me, is to lift your head up when bringing down the weight if you are having trouble getting a weight to touch.

Here is an extra template for you this is what I have switched our guys over to our 181 did 620 our 165 did 615 and our 220 did 650 using this system..thought you might want to use it as a refrance...

A few thoughts before we do the workout...www.nybarbell.com has very affordable chain, also if you have any cement plants or junkyards they are sometimes willing to give some old chain up, when you get it have it sandblasted and painted, you need at least another 200lbs of chain...

DON"T EVER DO SPEED WORK AGAIN, IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FASTER OR STRONGER. It teaches people how to reverse weight quickly, other than that it's good for nothing.

Stay away from the 6 board unless your getting at least a 4 inch range of motion off it.
    Do not deadlift of the floor every week it will kill your lower back. I would d/l off the floor once or twice every 6 weeks no more than that unless you go 70% for light singles....

train in your gear, whatever you compete in train with, you need to get used to it and it will force you to get stroinger by allowing your body to carry more weight, training raw is senseless unless your body building or a beginner.

Ok here we go, as always if something doesn’t make sense call me or e-mail me.

NAZARETH BARBELL INC.
    60 south 8th street
    Tatamy, PA
    610-438-2902
    www.nazbar.com
    info@nazbar.com

All workout programs are the exclusive property of Nazareth Barbell Powertraining Inc. and may not be reproduced without exclusive written permission of Mike Miller.
    The system we use at Nazareth Barbell is based off of a 5 week wave, training system Called ESP (Enhanced Strength and Performance) which is a combination of Zero Momentum Work and CNS (Central Nervous System) Overload. This system is designed to optimize strength by using a maximal amount of weight through active resistance, zero momentum, progressive force training and plyometrics. We also use the Conjugate Method which allows use to train all year long free of injury and we continue to get stronger. These methods are some of the best in the world and have produced some of the strongest powerlifters on the planet, if followed correctly you will maximize your strength in a very short period of time.

Zero momentum training is most beneficial whe used with the bench or the squat. All benching done with a close grip, When you get to your 5 work sets each rep should take 3-5 seconds or the weight is not heavy enough. This is designed to teach you how to grind weight and make your lockouts and presses very strong. D all your raw work with the same technique you use for your shirt , also do not worry about how strong your raw bench is anymore. A STRONG RAW BENCH DOES NOT EQUATE TO A STRONG SHIRT BENCH…

ZERO MOMENTUM
    Due to the extreme nature of this work out you should only do it once per month the other 1 -2 workouts you may want to alternate with the following exercises, try close grip reverse bands or regular close grips, mule presses, lockouts you can also hook the bands up from the bottom up and do lighter weight for 8x3 of 5x3 after your done with your work sets drop the bar weight and do 2-3 sets of 20 reps for hypertrophy.

I want you to do these in a power rack starting with a set of green minis or purples one or the other, also around 80 lbs of chain, again you will need spotters do not due these without spotters.

1. Your first 2 sets should be the bar and the bands just to get the feel of the bands
    2. Your next set should be the bar , bands and 40 lbs of chain
    3. The next the bar, bands, and 80 lbs of chain. And then 160
    4. Now start adding bar weight, you will need to do 3-4 sets until you get to a weight that forces you to grind when you get there do 5 singles, remember it should take 3-5 seconds to do a rep…

Your first wave should be done at 85% of your one rep max . 85% incleds bar and chain or bar and band weight meaning if you have a 675 squat you start with 200lbs of chain and 370 lbs on the bar..after 5 weeks you will start wave 2 the percentage will move up 5-10% depending on how stong you are and how fast you are moving the weight. You will also increase the bar weight 10-20 lbs every week.YOUR LIFTS SHOULD BE FAST AND STRONG AND TAKE NO LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS TO DESCEND AND 2 SECONDS UP FOR EACH REP

in each cycle for the bench and squat there are 15 weeks and 3 waves ,each wave consits of 5 weeks. hope this makes sense. the first three weeks of the bench and squat are spent using chain and bar weight the last two weeks of the wave are straight weight with the bench and bands with the squat. Your first wave is done at 85% combination chain and bar weight each wave for the next 3 waves will go up 10-20% increases so that you combination of band and bar weight or bar and chain weight exceeds 100% of your one rep max..

Saturday Flat Bench/ Skill Training
    Remember when benching to make each rep count, maximize your arch, grip the bar like your breaking it in half, keep your feet firmly on the ground and pinch your shoulder blades tight. When you inhale hold your breath through the entire rep while pushing your abs into your belt. During your raw warm up keep your pinkie on the ring, when you move to shirt work put your index finger on the ring. You’re going to start your waves beginning with the 4 board for three weeks of straight bar weight and then 2 weeks with bar weight and chain. after this 5 week wave you will switch to the 3 board for 3 weeks of straight weight and then 2 weeks of bar and chain the 2 board with straight weight and then 2 weeks of bar and chain and then the 1 board for 3 weeks and then 2 weeks of bar and chain. DO NOT DO SPEED WORK EVER AGAIN. You will have to adjust you bar weight accordingly if you can handle more go up but not to the point of where you are struggling. work sets for bench and squat are all 5 sets of 2 reps.

Cycle 1
    Wave 1
    Week 1

Warm up raw
    bx10 95x6 135x4 160x3 185x2 195x1 275x1

Shirt on week 1-3
    4 board
    365x3
    405x1
    455-475x5 sets x2 every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. Your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavy and you need to drop the bar weight

Flat Bench/ Skill Training
    Week 4-5 with bar weight and active resistance
    The goal here is to give your central nervous system a break. However with ESP ( Enhanced Strength and Performance) training you will maintain 90% or greater of your one rep max throughout your cycle with the use of bar and active resistance i.e.: chains. You will need at least 200 lbs of chain to get started. Set the chain up so that half of it deloads when the bar is touching your chest.

Warm up raw

Shirt on week 4-5
    4 board
    200-100 lbs chain x3
    200-100lbs chain x1
    200-200lbs chain x1
    275-325 -200lbs chain 5x2every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavy and you need to drop the bar weight

Static holds CNS ( Central Nervous System) Overload.
    These are done for 8-10 second intervals Do these in a power rack only with the safety bars midway between your chest and lockout. Have at least 3 spotters. Put your shirt on get into a competition arch and form and hold the weight locked out for as long as you can no more than 10 seconds. Notice these are done only on the 2 weeks where you are using chain.
    495 x 10 sec

Cycle 1
    Wave 1
    Week 2
    Warm up raw

shirt on week 1-3
    3 board
    365x3
    405x1
    425-450x5x2 every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavy and you need to drop the bar weight

shirt on week 4-5
    3 board
    200-100 lbs chain x3
    200-100lbs chain x1
    200-200lbs chain x1
    275-300-200lbs chain 5x2every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavey and you need to drp the bar weight

These are done for 8-10 second intervals Do these in a power rack only with the saftey bars midway between your chest and lockout..Have at least 3 spotters. put your shirt on get into a competition arch and form and hold the weight locked out for as long as you can no more than 10 seconds. Notice these are done only on the 2 weeks where you are using chain.
    515 x 10 sec

Cycle 1
    Wave 1
    Week 3

Warm up raw

shirt on week 1-3
    2 board
    365x3
    405x1
    400-425x5x2 every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavey and you need to drp the bar weight

Static holds
    These are done for 8-10 second intervals

shirt on week 4-5
    2 board
    200-100 lbs chain x3
    200-100lbs chain x1
    200-200lbs chain x1
    250-275-200lbs chain 5x2every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavey and you need to drp the bar weight

These are done for 8-10 second intervals Do these in a power rack only with the saftey bars midway between your chest and lockout..Have at least 3 spotters. put your shirt on get into a competition arch and form and hold the weight locked out for as long as you can no more than 10 seconds. Notice these are done only on the 2 weeks where you are using chain.
    530 x 10 sec

Cycle 1
    Wave 1
    Week 4

Warm up raw

shirt on week 1-3
    1 board
    365x3
    405x1
    380-415x5x2 every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavey and you need to drp the bar weight

shirt on week 4-5
    1 board
    200-100 lbs chain x3
    200-100lbs chain x1
    200-200lbs chain x1
    230-255-200lbs chain 5x2every week for the next three weeks you need to increase this weight by 10-15 lbs this is progressive overload,. your lifts should be strong,cleand and take no more than 2 second to lock out. If your taking more than 2-3 seconds the weight is to heavey and you need to drp the bar weight

550 x 10 sec

Last week
    Warm up raw

shirt on week 1-3
    full range
    365x3
    405x1
    hit a max single

Tuesday flat bench zero momentum training all benching done with a close grip, When you get to your 5 work sets each rep should take 3-5 seconds or the weight is not heavy enough. This is designed to teach you how to grind weight and make your lockouts and presses very strong. D all your raw work with the same technique you use for your shirt , also do not worry about how strong your raw bench is anymore. A STRONG RAW BENCH DOES NOT EQUATE TO A STRONG SHIRT BENCH…

ZERO MOMENTUM
    Due to the extreme nature of this work out you should only do it once per month the other 1 -2 workouts you may want to alternate with the following exercises, try close grip reverse bands or regular close grips, mule presses, lockouts you can also hook the bands up from the bottom up and do lighter weight for 8x3 of 5x3 after your done with your work sets drop the bar weight and do 2-3 sets of 20 reps for hypertrophy.

I want you to do these in a power rack starting with a set of green minis or purples one or the other, also around 80 lbs of chain, again you will need spotters do not due these without spotters.

1. Your first 2 sets should be the bar and the bands just to get the feel of the bands
    2. Your next set should be the bar , bands and 40 lbs of chain
    3. The next the bar, bands, and 80 lbs of chain. And then 160
    4. Now start adding bar weight, you will need to do 3-4 sets until you get to a weight that forces you to grind when you get there do 5 singles, remember it should take 3-5 seconds to do a rep…

Accessory Tricep work

Tate presses or rolling extensions go to www.elitefts.com for a picture on how to do these.
    Using dumbbells find a weight you can handle for 8x6.

Pushdowns
    Do these with the green mini bands
    Use a weight you can handle for 8x15x20 reps.

Rolling extensions
    5-10x6

Thursday Shoulders, Traps and Upper Back
    Military Press or rack pulls
    Use green mini bands with this exercise

Rack Pulls
    Set rack just above the knee.
    Do 4-5 sets of warm up 3 heavy triples and singles till you miss.

shrugs
    shrugs are important to help stabilize the shoulders when benching. Use correct form and take your time do not bounce the reps.
    Dumbbells
    Warm up set 100 x20
    135x15
    160-200 lbs. 4x12-15
    drop set 135x20
    Alternate your dumbell shrugs every 3-4 weeks with barbells, Kelso shrugs and cable shrugs...I like to do 2 diffretn shrugs every workout....

front and side raises

20-30 lb dumbbells 4x15 front and side

t-bar rows
    use a green mini band for these

135x10
    185x8
    225x8
    270x5

thnks mike..
    im gonna print this and read it over

Thread Information