Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Thread:

Tennis Elbow

Tennis Elbow
    This sucks. I first noticed it last week on chest day, my right elbow started to ache really bad, I didnt think too much of it.
    Then a few days later on arm day I was doing preacher curls and it started hurting really bad, and slowly after about an hour or 2 it wore off.
    Well doing chest again today sucked, and I only made it hald way through my set and decided I needed to figure out wtf is wrong with my elbow.
    My left elbow is completely fine, but my right feels very inflamed.
    I am 2 weeks into an 8 week prop cycle, so taking time off to rest scares me, cause I will be wasting this cycle.
    I have only been training for about 2 years now, and I have grown immensely, so my first thought was my muscles grew faster than my tendons.

What are some remedies for this?

Knowledge Equals Results Phatbastard's Avatar
    Only 2 remedys I know of REST or Surgery!!!!!!!!! You keep agrivating it you will end up with the latter of the 2!

Take my word for it I eneded up on the surgery end of things!

Junior Bodybuilder
    I know exactly what you mean, sometimes my elbow hurts so bad that I avoid completely triceps for a week or two, I take Glucosamine 3000 Mg/ Chondotrine 2500 Mg daily, also Collagen, it does help but takes a while to feel it, good luck.

Rest, Rest, Rest, Rest. I have seen people use peptide protocols before to speed up recovery, but Rest is essential. Then come back and use lighter weight for those exercises that cause pain, and focus more on technique/pump/squeezing when you peak, etc to get your bodies goals down.

What many lifters forget, is heavier is not always better or optimal.
    "Yeshua"

Ok cool thanks guys. My sister is an Rn and she told me how common this and tendonitis is.
    She recommended Icing it daily, and rest!
    It sucks, but I am going to take 1 week off of all upper body to see how it feels.

I guess Ill be doing more legs and cardio, and abs. lol

I've been dealing with tennis elbow for years and it flares up all the time.

Here's what I do as suggested by my Chiropracter:

Buy a Tens Unit. They range in price but make sure you buy one that has the two wire leads, not one. This allows you to do both arms at once. Mine was about $60 - $80 and runs off a 9-volt battery. At least 2 or 3 times a day use your Tens Unit. I find that when I put the pads on the top of my forearm, close to the elbow, I get the best, fastest results. Keep it on for a good 30 minutes.
    While running the Tens Unit, put an ice pack in a damp towel and cover your elbow/forearm with it. Keep the ice on for the 30 minutes as well.
    Make sure you take Ibuprofen!!

One more thing that really saves my ass with tennis elbow is these arm bands:

When my elbow is bad, I wear this all day doing even small stuff around the house. The idea is to take pressure off of the forearm muscles. If you get one of these, you'll have to play around with it a bit until you find the right spot to place the two pads to get best results.

My elbows can get so bad that I can barely move them, but by doing the above, I can have them good as new in about 4 - 5 days, every time!!

Yea I bought a small band that says its for tennis elbow at cvs its the same idea as that one. Thanks for the tips man. We'll see how it feels.

Novice
    Been freaking with it in both arms on and off for a couple years. I've done cortisone shots 4 times only 1st one boroughs relief. Now when it flares up I avoid any excersizes that make it sore , ice it every night and massage it after I work out. Also I bought a neoprene sleeve to keep it warm while I train. Sometimes I wear it all day and when I sleep that seems to help alot. This is the life we choose so we try to work around injurys Good luck I feel you pain. It will get better if you give it time

Novice
    I tried the bands but the sleeve worked much better for me.

Junior Bodybuilder brownchoclit's Avatar
    hey bro..i have this on both my elbows..trust me its not fun..the only thing that will really help you is resting your elbow or completely avoiding any movement that aggravates it. i've tried everything else and the relief is temporary at best. i know this is now what you prolly want to hear....now would be a good time to experiment with different exercises..even get creative to get a good workout in.

BANNED
    I was off for a month last year for that. I take Cod liver oil and Flaxseed oil. Cod has anti-inflammatory properties. It takes a week to kick in. Preacher is a killer for it.

Thread Information