Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Is there a world record for leg press?
    ??? NOT squats, not hack squats, but leg press??? Ive tried searching and cannot find one existing.....

I am thinking of going and applying to guiness world records for the leg press record sometime in the future if there is not one....

Insane_Man
    Machines vary, so there wouldn't really be much point in having a record.

A guy at my gym does 28 plates for reps (that's as much as the machine can hold) on a hammer strength 45 degree leg press.

Community Veteran
    28 plates is only 1260. trevor smith used to do reps with 2500 on a machine that was tougher than a hammer strength.

Damn. Where are y'all gettin these leg press machines at? The nautilus leg press machine at the uni gym can only hold like 24 plates total.........not that I DO that much, but that's what it can hold. I generally only rep around 800.

Insane_Man
    Originally posted by pullinbig
    28 plates is only 1260. trevor smith used to do reps with 2500 on a machine that was tougher than a hammer strength.
    Yeah, I was just giving an example, and specifying the type of machine for informational purposes.

That's insane though.

I only use the leg press to do calves myself.

Community Veteran
    i rep 1340 after squatting and doing box squats. there is plenty more room on that machine too. it has two posts on each side to load plates. we have 8 100lb plates too. i never figured it up but our machine wil prolly hold 2000 or close to it.

Wow, because im aiming for 1500 lbs, which is what my machine can hold, and im repping at 1240lbs...so im figuring i can hit 1500 pretty soon at my rate of progress in this program

Originally posted by pullinbig
    i rep 1340 after squatting and doing box squats. there is plenty more room on that machine too. it has two posts on each side to load plates. we have 8 100lb plates too. i never figured it up but our machine wil prolly hold 2000 or close to it.
    Damn, must be nice. I'd bet the bastards at the rec center here don't even know what a 100lb plate looks like.

Insane_Man
    Yeah my foolish gym only has 45lb plates. My gym last year had some 100lb'ers, they were cool.

I wish my gym had 100lb plates...it would be sweet

Community Veteran
    Originally posted by gymphreak
    Wow, because im aiming for 1500 lbs, which is what my machine can hold, and im repping at 1240lbs...so im figuring i can hit 1500 pretty soon at my rate of progress in this program
    congrats on the grerat progress. i'll bet your squats are moving up nicely too. as with squats leg presses are far more effective with a full range of motion. dont seel your self short trying to get to 1500 on form. nice progress phreak

Thanks, pullinbig, but with squats and leg press, i do the full range of motion. When I leg press, i bring my knees to my chest and almost all the way out w/out locking to keep tension on the legs

Community Veteran
    sounds good nice work very impressive grass hopper.

haha thanks pullinbig

Rookie
    celebritydiscodave
    I cannot find anywhere in the South East of the country, I do mean anywhere, prepared to host Guinness World Records/World Records. I`ve been ready to set a G.W. One Hour Volume Biceps Record for nearly two years now - I`ve tried health clubs, inc. Virgin, gyms, colleges, and schools. They show initial interest but never follow through.
    Records on the leg press should be possible with World Records (not Guinness where you have to follow the contender before you) because it`s not unreasonable that a contender is faced with having to find the machine which performs the best for him. It`s no different from choice of gloves for a boxing record.
    I`m not a bodybiulder but I`m good on volume, such as 3,300 biceps reps to the hour, alternate twenties, with 8 kgs, performed strict: Three thousand and six hundred quarter deep leg presses to the hour with 160 kgs. I`m also working on my punching speed with the same duration in mind.
    What`s the situation in America for the performing of world record attempts, flights paid?? hehe celebritydiscodave.co.uk - Done by some idiot so-called friends!!
    Last edited by celebritydiscodave; 12-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Junior Bodybuilder
    I am around some 700+ competition bench pressers in my area and I have never heard of anyone really talking about how much they can leg press. I think it's because everyone goes heavy on them, I'm no where near their league and I push 28 (45lbs) plates for 6-8 after squats and deadlifts.
    I think it's because movement is done on a machine and the machine actually does like 30% of the work on a 45 degree angle. Because gravity pushes straight down you are only pushing @ 70% of the weight. Now I'm no physicist so these percentages are just numbers that I have read and you know that 84.73% of all percentages are made up on the spot.

Amateur Bodybuilder alexus hensicus's Avatar
    Having a workout buddy is great to have on left day cause my gym has 45 Max plates so for my last reps I have a friend jump on the rack.

Novice
    You guys are really strong on the leg press that's great but i prefer the squat for some reason i am just not comfortable with heavy weights on the leg press i find the movement awkward and straining the wrong places if i go heavy unlike the squat which is really comfortable for me i use the leg press more for training my calves

CHEERS GT

Thread Information