Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Rookie
    Need help w/training routine advice wanted!
    Been lifting for a while. 6'2 215 I would say bf is somewhere around 21% I want to get into the teens and diet is now in check. However one change up my workout.

Currently doing this:
    Monday (Chest)
    Dumbell Flat Bench do 1 warmup then 4 sets 10,8,6,4.
    Incline Barbell Bench 4 sets
    Decline Barbell Bench 4 sets same reps style.

Cable crossover/flyes
    4 sets of 10.

Tues (Back)
    Chinups about 6 sets of 4 (over hand and underhand grips)
    Lat Pull downs 4 sets of 8
    Low rows 4 sets
    T Bar rows 4 sets
    Finish off w/machine pull downs or rows switch em up till failure.

Wed (Shoulders/Arms)
    I've had shoulder problems and they grow quick so just do rotator cuff, side laterals, bent over laterals, some front laterals thats it for shoulders.
    Close grip bench 4 sets
    Tricep Push downs
    Finish off w/kickbacks till failure
    Dumbell Curls
    4 sets of 8
    Concentration curls
    3 sets of 8

one day off usually do cardio for 1 hr and abs

Friday (legs)
    Leg Extension, Curls
    4 sets each 10 reps

Squats 4 sets

Stiff Deads 4 sets

Seated Calf Raises
    3x20

Then Sat and Sun
    Cardio for 1hr

Trying to lost bf....These workouts take me about 1hr to complete I want to squeeze more cardio in to shed bf....mornings are out and if I add into the workouts above say 20min I take too long in gym. Any suggestions. Also trying to cut fat down into the mid teens and gain mass I know it's difficult but I have special supplements to help out. Doing a low carb high protein diet right now.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Gaining mass you need to rethink your rep scheme when dropping down to four reps. You sound like your an endomorph and would be better served in the 8-12 rep range. Also if you dont go to failure and just quit when you hit your rep magic number your stifling growth. You do need to do more cardio and if you cant get it in in the am or after session switch to a lifting everyother day and do 45mins or cardio on off days but make sure you get a complete rest day in there as we..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehungrychicken View Post
    Gaining mass you need to rethink your rep scheme when dropping down to four reps. You sound like your an endomorph and would be better served in the 8-12 rep range. Also if you dont go to failure and just quit when you hit your rep magic number your stifling growth. You do need to do more cardio and if you cant get it in in the am or after session switch to a lifting everyother day and do 45mins or cardio on off days but make sure you get a complete rest day in there as we..
    I'm actually have much lower bodyfat than I thought. Just had it tested and I'm more like 17. I'm more of a ecto/endo mix most of my fat is in the belly but my bones are small and I'm long/lean everywhere else. I usually always am at failure for the last few reps. So would doing cardio 5 days a week plus the lifting be too much?

Junior Bodybuilder
    17% is still not lean so 5 days of cardio will help you but you really do need to increase your rep range like I said above if you are wanting muscle sixe. If you want to lean out all the way shoot for the 12-15 rep range. Anything less than 6 reps and your working on strength and will get minimial muscle change.

I got from 14% to 6%, whilst gaining muscle. However my training routine is INSANE. I started a thread "Most insane training routine ever?".

A few of principles that have worked really well for me are:
    1. To do your power (legs/back) exercises to percentages of maximum and your upper body to maximum.

2. Increase your weights by 2.5-5kg once every 3 weeks. I have used this regimen VERY successfully.

3. Do sprint training followed by slow cardio. The sprint training depletes glycogen, meaning that the mitachondria are primed to use fat for energy- of which you burn from the concurrent slow cardio.

4. Clean eating. Eat oats with milk for breakfast and after training.
    Drink all 0% milk coffee with no sugar.

Drink green tea. Eat less when you don't need energy.

Eat lots after training- but carb/protein rich food (you need to repleat glycogen).

Eat fruit and veg especially apples, and grapefruit both of which haves oluble fibre that lowers blood sugar (GI).

Consider the GI (glycemic index)of the foods you eat and the GL (glycemic load)- eat an amount of food that you estimate related to the glycemic lo0ad capacity of your ********* state.

5. Get adequate sleep and rest. If you REALLY feel too tired (and it's not laziness) train with lighter weights on that day/back off on the cardio.

6. Eat less late at night, but have a glass of milk and an apple before bed (300ml should suffice, as that contains 12g of protein (10g of protein is need for anti-catabolic purposes). Milk digests slowly giving a slow release of anti-catabolic protein, as it first forms a hard bolus in the stomach)

7. Try to avoid stress, but keep active during the day to speed up your metabolism.

Lastly, do you take steroids or are you clean?

That just isn't true. The absolute best and most efficient way to gain mass is to get stronger and use that strength to push more weight for higher reps. How do you do that? You do heavy reps first and then follow that with lighter reps. Going to failure is dependent on the exercise. In my experience, you get much better results working to percentages for legs and back,because a)it's easier to keep strict form and b) You develop power c) It simply makes you stronger and bigger- look at the legs of powerlifters and Olympic lifters.

Going to failure all the time for exercises such as squats and deadlifts will kill your central nervous system- you will over train if you do lots of sets. You can do far more sets to a percentage of max for the same strain on your CNS as a few sets of max leg/back exercises - and when trying to loose fat and gain muscle, you must be careful.

17% is still not lean so 5 days of cardio will help you but you really do need to increase your rep range like I said above if you are wanting muscle sixe. If you want to lean out all the way shoot for the 12-15 rep range. Anything less than 6 reps and your working on strength and will get minimial muscle change.
    Sorry, I don't want to pick a fight, but this is terrible advice. High reps should be done AFTER heavy weights. Just do light 12-15 reps and see yourself shrink as your bodyweight falls. It is a mistake many people make.

Thread Information