Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss training information)

Rookie
    workout routine?
    Lately my workout routine has been DAY 1- Chest and Tris.. DAY 2- Back and Bis.. DAY 3- Shoulders and Forearms.. DAY 4- Legs and Abs. I wanted to change it a little and I hear monsters at the gym saying that they do chest and back for day 1.. Was just wondering if anyone had any good workout routines to follows this?

Rookie
    well, what is your goal?

Rookie
    I dont know I just want to get as big as I can on this first cycle lol. And I got a little belly too so losing that is always a plus.

Rookie
    Ive also started a real good diet.. eat nothing but protein.. hard boiled eggs, steak, fish, chicken, whole grain rice, and drink like a gallon of water a day since i started.

Rookie
    i'm always in favour of being as lean as i can before putting size on,but, it's up to you, i would look at any of the stickys that are posted on this forum

Biggin
    U can do the routine u got. Imo I would do chest and tris one week then the next do chest and bis. Switch up the muscle groups u work each week. Keep the muscles guessing what u gonna do next. Keep eating clean and big with efficient rest u should appreciate the rewards u get in due time. If u got time to train two major muscle groups in one day then I would recommend it. Everybody I know that trains in that manner usually trains once in the a.m. then again in the p.m. with sufficient rest and supplementation in between to help with recovery for the p.m. workout.

Rookie
    Will def. take that advice.. thanks.

me, i do back and chest day 1. tri's, bi's and forearm day 2. isolate shoulders and legs. and i mix ab days. its good to switch up your routines every time to confuse the muscles. some days i lift from light to heavy, some days light to heavy and down to light. and incorporate different routines as a substitute for the previous but let it work the same muscle. some weeks i just swtch up body parts and days. does it make sence? their isnt a wrong or right way when it comes to lifting, but their is right and wrong techniques to lift.

Quote Originally Posted by brolickant View Post
    me, i do back and chest day 1. Tri's, bi's and forearm day 2. Isolate shoulders and legs. And i mix ab days. Its good to switch up your routines every time to confuse the muscles. Some days i lift from light to heavy, some days light to heavy and down to light. And incorporate different routines as a substitute for the previous but let it work the same muscle. Some weeks i just swtch up body parts and days. Does it make sence? Their isnt a wrong or right way when it comes to lifting, but their is right and wrong techniques to lift.
    if your trying to bulk im not in favor of a whole day devoted to just arms. Think about it when you train chest & back your already gonna work bi's tri's and shoulders. No need to pulverize them, small muscles need rest too.

i agree but when you trying to let other muscle groups catch up to the rest, isolation is good. for example you cant have big ass arms and no forearm, it dont look right, or huge wide shoulders and no traps. last summer i was training for a bench and dead lift competition and i forgot all about my other muscle groups. so thats why i isolate legs, shoulders and arms but not back and shoulders. so it also depends on the individual's body.

Rookie
    Yeah I just started doing this routine, day 1 - chest and back, day 2 - bis and tris, day 3 - shoulders, day 4 - legs and abs.

your original routine was better IMO

Thread Information