Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Just Started Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    I have just taken my second injection over the weekend. I am looking to hear about what exactly I should expect moving forward. So far I am noticing subtle differences including firmer erections, slight increase in strength and stamina at the gym, etc. Any advise moving forward? Anything to look for? Currently I am on test cyp 200mg/week, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), and .5 mg anastrozole once a week to start. Thanks in advance!

PS I do have one worry about not being able to afford refills when they come around. If not I was offered clomid to get my natural test back until I can get the money together. Any Advise here? Thanks

200mg/week is a good size dose for TRT. Personally, I almost didn't recognize my own body after 2 months at that dose, and I mean that in a good way. .5 mg anastrozole was not enough to keep estrogen down for me... was increased to 2x / week. If estrogen climbs, watch out for acne on back and shoulders, possible prostatic irritation, muscle cramps.
    Test cyp isn't very expensive, I'd be a little worried if I thought I'd have to drop TRT for financial reasons, since there is no guarantee that restarting your own test production will be successful.

Thanks for the advise. How long did it take for you to realize that you needed to up your anastrozole?

Quote Originally Posted by mprtz View Post
    200mg/week is a good size dose for TRT. Personally, I almost didn't recognize my own body after 2 months at that dose, and I mean that in a good way. .5 mg anastrozole was not enough to keep estrogen down for me... was increased to 2x / week. If estrogen climbs, watch out for acne on back and shoulders, possible prostatic irritation, muscle cramps.
    Test cyp isn't very expensive, I'd be a little worried if I thought I'd have to drop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for financial reasons, since there is no guarantee that restarting your own test production will be successful.

If money becomes an issue drop the HCG. That stuff is expensive. You need the Test Cyp. You need Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on higher doses like yours. Many guys don't use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) though and do just fine. I'm one of them.

If money really really becomes an issue, stay on the Test Cyp but reduce your dose to the point where you don't need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to combat Estradiol.

What was your Total Test at when you got diagnosed with hypogonadism?

Total was 423. Was feeling like shit everyday. No drive, lazy, etc....

Also just a little background. I am fairly young (31) and have one son. I am looking to have more children one day. What would you do in my circumstance?

Quote Originally Posted by bbbjames View Post
    Also just a little background. I am fairly young (31) and have one son. I am looking to have more children one day. What would you do in my circumstance?
    Why did you choose to not try a restart before you began TRT. I am assuming you have secondary hypogonadism if your doc offered you clomid.

If you continue testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) keep doing what you are doing. You will have to find the right balance pf the three meds to get dialed it. Get frequent blood work run so you can see how you are responding and get dialed in.

If money becomes and issue you have my previous recommendation.

Thanks for all the advise

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron28 View Post
    Why did you choose to not try a restart before you began TRT. I am assuming you have secondary hypogonadism if your doc offered you clomid.

If you continue testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) keep doing what you are doing. You will have to find the right balance pf the three meds to get dialed it. Get frequent blood work run so you can see how you are responding and get dialed in.

If money becomes and issue you have my previous recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbjames View Post
    I have just taken my second injection over the weekend. I am looking to hear about what exactly I should expect moving forward. So far I am noticing subtle differences including firmer erections, slight increase in strength and stamina at the gym, etc. Any advise moving forward? Anything to look for? Currently I am on test cyp 200mg/week, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), and .5 mg anastrozole once a week to start. Thanks in advance!

PS I do have one worry about not being able to afford refills when they come around. If not I was offered clomid to get my natural test back until I can get the money together. Any Advise here? Thanks
    I am new to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as well and many on here have told me that plitting up your weekly dose into two injections 3 1/2 days apart aids in more level T levels as well as E2, something you might consider if you are having to self inject.

Thanks for the advise. So far so good so I might just keep it as is and see what is to come. If for some reason my improvements are not good enough then I will have that conversation with the doc. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkey71 View Post
    I am new to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as well and many on here have told me that plitting up your weekly dose into two injections 3 1/2 days apart aids in more level T levels as well as E2, something you might consider if you are having to self inject.

A possible downside, depending on your point of view, is that 200mg split into 2 weekly doses is very likely to produce a trough reading over 1200 (especially with HCG) which may prompt the doctor to lower your dose.

Very good point! Hopefully my once a week will do the job just fine. I have to say I am surprised to notice the subtle differences already. I am only a week and a half in so far. I hope the they aren't so subtle in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mprtz View Post
    A possible downside, depending on your point of view, is that 200mg split into 2 weekly doses is very likely to produce a trough reading over 1200 (especially with HCG) which may prompt the doctor to lower your dose.

Thread Information