Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daniel_IMT_Staff
    Rookie
    High Prolactin - Low Libido
    New labs after completing one vial of 200mg/ml T cyp concentration, injecting .40ml twice per week. Also taking .5mg anastrozole twice per week. Supplements include 100mg CoQ10, 5000iu VitD3, multi-vitamin, 1000mg fish oil. Protocol is injections Tue/Sat.

Labs: 3/15/2013
    Cholesterol, Total 195; 100-199
    Triglycerides 121; 0-149
    HDL 47; >39
    VLDL 24; 5-40
    LDL 124; 0-99
    Test Serum 1174; 348-1197
    Test Free 32.9; 6.8-21.5
    DHT 69; 30-85
    DHEA-S 102.7; 44.3-331.0
    Prolactin 21.5; 4.0-15.2
    Estradiol 28.2; 7.6-42.6
    PSA 1.3; 0.0-4.0
    TSH 3.0; .450-4.5
    T4 5.3; 4.5-12.0
    T3 85; 71-180
    Vit D, 25 Hydroxy 55.8; 30-100

My T has zoomed from 300TT range and 8.8FT range. Feel pretty good with solid wood most of the time. Still have some trouble maintaining wood half the time, with lowish libido. Is prolactin the problem? Will hCG help with this issue? Began hCG injections today, .25iu 2/3 times per week. May start taking anastrozole every third day at .5 to combat E2 some and hope this will help prolactin.

Body temps average out over four days; 9am - 96.5/96.8 5pm - 97.5-97.8
    Have tried half ass tried adding more iodized salt. May try iodine supplement for 2-3 weeks? Would this help prolactin levels?

Have heard B6, magnesium and zinc may lower prolaction levels. Any advice is appreciated.

I would be talking to my doctor if I had elevated prolactin. That can mess up your libido and have some bad long-term issues. I don't think aromatase inhibitors are indicated to lower prolactin. Your E2 looks fine. You should seek some expert medical help imho.

Rookie
    Met with the Dr. today. Going natural route first, B6, magnesium and zinc supplements. He wants to re-test in 4-6 weeks. Hoping that will help.

Junior Bodybuilder
    High prolactin and low testosterone should raise a red flag with any doctor whom manages TRT. An MRI should be scheduled to rule out pituitary tumor and this should have been done initially, did you get complete labs done before you started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and what was your diagnosis?

You should switch doctors to somebody who is more knowledgeable and somebody whom you trust.

High prolactin can cause libido issues and ED.

It's frustrating to read as this is often the case, serious health issues get ignored based on one thing. Lack of physician's knowledge coupled with the inability to acknowledge that and refer you.

It is important to rule out the possibility of a tumor and more than likely it is not the case. And I am assuming that you are older than 40 or have a history of Prostate cancer which is the reason for the PSA test. There is help out there to care for you and have experience in this field to ensure your health and also help you get the quality of life you deserve.
    Last edited by Daniel_IMT_Staff; 03-26-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    SolomonGrundy likes this.
    Daniel@IncreaseMyT.com

1-866-206-9926 # 102

*All posts are intended for educational purposes. Always consult with your physician before starting or changing any medical treatment.*

Novice
    Cabergoline will lower prolactin. I used to take 0.125g three times a week.

I had elevated progesterone once, now that killed my libido.

Novice
    I also have had high Prolactine for over a year now before starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was at 9.5 scale 2.1-17.7 I have been staying around 20.4 scale 3.7-17.9 I am on my second doctor first was endo but moved I asked my new doctor and he didn't seem to think to much of it should I be taking something to bring it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_IMT_Staff View Post
    High prolactin and low testosterone should raise a red flag with any doctor whom manages TRT. An MRI should be scheduled to rule out pituitary tumor and this should have been done initially, did you get complete labs done before you started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and what was your diagnosis?

You should switch doctors to somebody who is more knowledgeable and somebody whom you trust.

High prolactin can cause libido issues and ED.

It's frustrating to read as this is often the case, serious health issues get ignored based on one thing. Lack of physician's knowledge coupled with the inability to acknowledge that and refer you.

It is important to rule out the possibility of a tumor and more than likely it is not the case. And I am assuming that you are older than 40 or have a history of Prostate cancer which is the reason for the PSA test. There is help out there to care for you and have experience in this field to ensure your health and also help you get the quality of life you deserve.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt09 View Post
    I also have had high Prolactine for over a year now before starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was at 9.5 scale 2.1-17.7 I have been staying around 20.4 scale 3.7-17.9 I am on my second doctor first was endo but moved I asked my new doctor and he didn't seem to think to much of it should I be taking something to bring it down?
    I cannot give medical advise, high prolactin and low testosterone causes concern and a physician should be thorough establishing an epidemiology of the hypogonadism.
    Daniel@IncreaseMyT.com

1-866-206-9926 # 102

*All posts are intended for educational purposes. Always consult with your physician before starting or changing any medical treatment.*

uniquemicals
Thread Information