Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By halfwit
    cal
    Novice
    Harmful chemical in testosterone gel?
    Have you ever thought about wether all those chemicals which are in those gels like carbomer XY and what not could not be unhealthy on the long
    run? I mean this stuff gets absorbed into the skin. What if these chemicals build up in the body?

And what I also wonder is could it be dangerous to apply the gel on the neck area where there are also lymph nodes? I have been applying some gel to the traps and neck and today all of a sudden the area below my ear hurts. I cannot say if it's a lymph node but it hurts when I open my mouth. Yesterday this wasn't there and today I get up and directly notice that something's going on. Do you think that the gel could have caused this?
    I'm worried now cause I have no explanation for this. It's exactly in the area right below the ear between the jawbone and the neck.

Gels are known to irritate the skin in some people, but I don't know all of the pharmacology behind it to know why. This is aside from the alcohol content drying out some folks, but that too is hit or miss.

cal
    Novice
    Gel makes my skin really dry and wrinkly. But apart from this I also worry about the other stuff which is in the gel. I mean I also wouldn't use cosmetics or creams which have all kinds of chemicals because this stuff gets absorbed and then enters the body. I really wonder if those chemicals in the different gels have been tested for safety, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cal View Post
    Gel makes my skin really dry and wrinkly. But apart from this I also worry about the other stuff which is in the gel. I mean I also wouldn't use cosmetics or creams which have all kinds of chemicals because this stuff gets absorbed and then enters the body. I really wonder if those chemicals in the different gels have been tested for safety, too.
    Sounds like it's time to start injecting your test. Only the first couple pins are scary, but in time you LOOK FORWARD to pinning. You really should bring this up with your doctor as most gels don't even replace the amount of testosterone that they are suppressing in some people. My brother and Grandfather both were put on gels, and quickly got off them as gels made them feel WORSE. We're all now part of a "pin club" in our family, lol.
    IMT staff likes this.

cal
    Novice
    I will ask my doc but I am 100% sure he will say that he doesn't support self-injecting. Even if he did I don't know if I had the balls to.

Yes you may end up with lower levels on gel than before. Then you have to increase the gel. This is what happened to me. I am now using half the maximum dose. Next week when I get the results I'll know how high my T is now.

I will ask my doc but I am 100% sure he will say that he doesn't support self-injecting. Even if he did I don't know if I had the balls to.

Yes you may end up with lower levels on gel than before. Then you have to increase the gel. This is what happened to me. I am now using half the maximum dose. Next week when I get the results I'll know how high my T is now.
    Then you may need to find a doc that will. I went into my doc's office after we got my results and was completely prepared to argue with him about self-injecting (hell, just shots in general); and once he saw that I had been doing my homework on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), he not only agreed to putting me on injections, but also allowed me to do them myself after having his nurses supervise my first two shots. Go in prepared, present your case, and if he still doesn't see your way - find one that will. It's as simple as that.

Good luck!

cal
    Novice
    Are nurses even allowed to give T-injections? I called the company which produces nebido and asked if nurses can administer testosterone injections and the woman there told me that only doctors are allowed to! I don't want a nurse to do this. I mean this is serious business. If something goes wrong then you're fucked up.

Are nurses even allowed to give T-injections? I called the company which produces nebido and asked if nurses can administer testosterone injections and the woman there told me that only doctors are allowed to! I don't want a nurse to do this. I mean this is serious business. If something goes wrong then you're fucked up.
    It is just an injection into a muscle. It is not going into a vein (intentionally). You do not need to be a doctor or phlobotomist to do intramuscular injections. Go onto youtube and you can watch people show you how to self inject. Whoever is giving you all this bad information is doing you a serious disservice. You obviously latch onto the littlest thing and obsess about it. It is amazing you leave your house. Every single person here was nervous when they did their first injection. But once they were shown how to do it they saw it wad no big deal.

As I said before, you really need to get your anxiety and OCD addressed. You over-react to everything. You need to start recognizing that.
    Last edited by Megatron28; 12-06-2012 at 08:23 AM.

cal
    Novice
    One time I got a vaccine into the shoulder by a young female doctor's assistant. They aren't even nurses. I mean they manage the appointment and also give injections. She totally messed it up and my shoulder hurt like hell for weeks!
    No way I'm letting such a young chick who doesn't have a clue what she's doing give me an injection. That would be insane.

Yes I worry a lot but what shall I do? Pump myself full with psycho drugs? I have tried a ssri and it didn't do shit for me. I thought it was gonna help against worrying but it didn't.

Novice
    Hey Cal,

I'm sure that a nurse in a doctors office is more than capable and qualified to inject nebido. My first 3 injections of test were done by a nurse with no problems. Due to the high volume being injected you should ask the nurse to take her time which should minimize any discomfort. I would say it should take at least 3 minutes to inject 4ml.
    I would also expect your anxiety levels would decrease once your test levels are in a good range. I find I'm much more relaxed now compared to when I was suffering from low T.
    What symptoms were you experiencing that made you get your test levels checked?

cal
    Novice
    But what if the nurse/doctor who injects it don't take that much time and simply push it in as fast as possible? What would happen then? I'm really worried about this. I don't want to get an injection from a nurse.

I have many symptoms. Always been weak and having way too little muscle mass. At the same time I store fat on the ass and hips which looks awful. I also have no libido and almost never morning wood. And I also have depression. Even as teenager I worried if something's wrong. Back then I thought I might have klinefelter but I was tested for it and I don't have it.

uniquemicals
Thread Information