Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products
 

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1
    IncreasedMyT @ ULV THE-DET-OAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,191
    Rep Power
    22
    Why are Guys Afraid to Admit They May Have LowT ?
    This is a huge problem where I live in Detroit Michigan. I actually live in the burbs outside of the D but we have developed this Bad Boy attitude in these parts. Every guy I meet laugh's at the fact they may have low t and swear they are jumping in the sheets with young hotties on the regular. These are the same bald 40 year old guys that laugh at men who work out and follow a diet, there idea of happiness is eating a cheeseburger and drinking a beer on the regular, and their belly hangs over there belt 5 inches. These guys amaze me, they expect me to believe they are romping in the bedroom for 45 minute sessions when they wouldn't be able to ride a stationary bike for 10.

    They are out of shape, there health is at risk, and the only reason they got lucky with that 22 year old chick is cause he dropped 300 on her drinks and ate 3 Viagra. Now don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing the guy, kudos for smashing a young hottie, but how did he feel the next day? He felt like shit.....

    #1 because that girl is not calling him until the next time one of her girlfriend's go " what happened to that cash cow that paid for all of our drinks 2 weeks ago? " as she responds " he was a fat slob and I haven't talked to him since, he is desperate so Im sure he will buy all of our drinks again if we wanted to call him."

    #2 He has a headache so bad that he wants to shoot himself.

    #3 He can't breathe through his nose.

    #4 He dropped 300 on boose.

    Its as if someone will think less of them, so they will not admit. They all say "my sex drive is fine, I want to do it 6 times a day" bwahahahahaha

    Its almost so insulting to guys around here most of the time I will not even bring it up. So how do you tell a guy?

    I wonder because I can get a good idea usually by looking at someone as to what shape their HPGA is in. It bleeds through in malnourished muscles and outstanding visceral fat. Usually, by judging how red they are, I can tell when someones cholesterol is through the roof.

    So how do we approach these guys? Is it our duty to approach them or bring it up in casual conversation? Are we obligated to save them from the perils of there habits and lifestyle?

    also what responses have you guys been getting when you tell someone its possible that they need to get there T levels checked?
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 08-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    BD7 likes this.

  2. #2
    Welcome Wagon rowdybrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,864
    Rep Power
    8
    I get great responses, I focus more on the overall feeling and improvements that the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) has made. Not so much on the muscle gains, but overall health and wellness.

  3. #3
    Amateur Bodybuilder Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    3
    Most guys just feel like they're less of a man if they have low T, that somehow something is wrong with them just because they don't have the raging sex drive they had in their 20's.

    I do find it interesting that men back in the early 1900's had higher t levels than we do nowadays. Low T was practically unheard of until the later part of the 1900's. This was also around the time Americans started getting fatter. Anyone think there is a correlation? Higher fat percentages ---> more test becoming estrogen.

  4. #4
    Amateur Bodybuilder Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    3
    Honestly if a guy doesn't want to get his T levels checked then so be it. If someone doesn't want constructive advice then just let em suffer (Unless they're a close bro).

  5. #5
    zgx
    zgx is offline
    Junior Bodybuilder zgx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
    Most guys just feel like they're less of a man if they have low T, that somehow something is wrong with them just because they don't have the raging sex drive they had in their 20's.

    I do find it interesting that men back in the early 1900's had higher t levels than we do nowadays. Low T was practically unheard of until the later part of the 1900's. This was also around the time Americans started getting fatter. Anyone think there is a correlation? Higher fat percentages ---> more test becoming estrogen.
    Do you have any sort of documentation that backs up what you're saying? I am not asking because I don't believe you, I actually would imagine so but I am asking because I'd like to read that myself. When you say early 1900 I think pre WWI and I am unsure if they tested large number of the population for T levels back then.

    I would have to guess though that it has to do with what we eat and the lack of exercise which ends up translating to being overweight. But if that's the case do other countries that aren't overall as fat as the USA have men with higher levels of T?

  6. #6
    zgx
    zgx is offline
    Junior Bodybuilder zgx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    This is a huge problem where I live in Detroit Michigan. I actually live in the burbs outside of the D but we have developed this Bad Boy attitude in these parts. Every guy I meet laugh's at the fact they may have low t and swear they are jumping in the sheets with young hotties on the regular. These are the same bald 40 year old guys that laugh at men who work out and follow a diet, there idea of happiness is eating a cheeseburger and drinking a beer on the regular, and their belly hangs over there belt 5 inches. These guys amaze me, they expect me to believe they are romping in the bedroom for 45 minute sessions when they wouldn't be able to ride a stationary bike for 10.

    They are out of shape, there health is at risk, and the only reason they got lucky with that 22 year old chick is cause he dropped 300 on her drinks and ate 3 Viagra. Now don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing the guy, kudos for smashing a young hottie, but how did he feel the next day? He felt like shit.....

    #1 because that girl is not calling him until the next time one of her girlfriend's go " what happened to that cash cow that paid for all of our drinks 2 weeks ago? " as she responds " he was a fat slob and I haven't talked to him since, he is desperate so Im sure he will buy all of our drinks again if we wanted to call him."

    #2 He has a headache so bad that he wants to shoot himself.

    #3 He can't breathe through his nose.

    #4 He dropped 300 on boose.

    Its as if someone will think less of them, so they will not admit. They all say "my sex drive is fine, I want to do it 6 times a day" bwahahahahaha

    Its almost so insulting to guys around here most of the time I will not even bring it up. So how do you tell a guy?

    I wonder because I can get a good idea usually by looking at someone as to what shape their HPGA is in. It bleeds through in malnourished muscles and outstanding visceral fat. Usually, by judging how red they are, I can tell when someones cholesterol is through the roof.

    So how do we approach these guys? Is it our duty to approach them or bring it up in casual conversation? Are we obligated to save them from the perils of there habits and lifestyle?

    also what responses have you guys been getting when you tell someone its possible that they need to get there T levels checked?
    Since I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I tend to think a lot of other men, especially those older than me are suffering from low T, but I also think that perhaps I see T as a cure for all, so if I hear a 45 year old coworker complaining about sexual performance, being tired all the time, etc. I automatically assume his levels are down which of course his issues may be due to other causes. But I have been telling a few friends of mine that I am in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and that they too should check their levels, although when they hear I inject they automatically assume I am doing AAS so I have go to through the whole explanation of what it all entails, etc. Little by little testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) will become more mainstream and "acceptable" and perhaps even a solution to diabetes for some.

    One of the friends who I am telling to check his levels for is taking pills for his diabetes. I showed him a few posts from this forum on how some diabetes patients were able to get off their meds altogether by just controlling their T levels/exercise. He's def. a bit excited about that prospect. Hmmm exercising and taking diabetes meds = OK, exercising, testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), no diabetes meds, more libido, better muscle building, better overall good feeling = GREAT :-D

  7. #7
    IncreasedMyT @ ULV THE-DET-OAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,191
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by zgx View Post
    Since I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I tend to think a lot of other men, especially those older than me are suffering from low T, but I also think that perhaps I see T as a cure for all, so if I hear a 45 year old coworker complaining about sexual performance, being tired all the time, etc. I automatically assume his levels are down which of course his issues may be due to other causes. But I have been telling a few friends of mine that I am in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and that they too should check their levels, although when they hear I inject they automatically assume I am doing AAS so I have go to through the whole explanation of what it all entails, etc. Little by little testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) will become more mainstream and "acceptable" and perhaps even a solution to diabetes for some.
    Honestly at that age they all need it lol unless they have been working out and dieting correctly for the last 20 ears, and eating high grade food.

    I totally agree it will be mainstream soon, it was long ago viagra was the dark secret no one wanted to know they were taking, then out came Ditka and now its the joke at the dinner table.

    Its such a trademark now people dont ask there doctor to help with there sex drive, they just say I need some Viagra
    zgx likes this.

  8. #8
    Amateur Bodybuilder Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    3
    This isn't a study, just the first thing I found when I googled "1900's testosterone levels compared to today"

    Men & Testosterone

    "The normal range of testosterone is reported as 350- 1200ng/dl. Studies in the 1940's showed the average testosterone level to be at 700 ng/dl, 300 ng/dl higher than for men today. In the past, a drop in testosterone levels to 250 ng/dl was rarely reported before men were 80 years of age. Yet today, it is not an uncommon value for middle aged men."
    zgx likes this.

  9. #9
    I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    i think taking any sort of medication can be embarassing then specially one tied to man hood. I am only 29 so its even harder to admit it. The only people that know is my wife and a good friend. Really I dont plan on telling anybody else, more because I dont really like people to know my personal business. Plus I dont worry about my friends by I have friends that have friends I could see hitting me up for the stuff if they knew I had it. Plus its one of those things tell one person plan on everyone knowing.

    You were talking about the 40 year old bald guy. Well I think some people just decide to age a little more gracefully and accept they have issues. Personally 40 is still young, but when I get int my 50s specially late 50s really for me I dont know if I would carry on with this, as long as I dont feel like total crap I dont think I would be on it.
    Last edited by theguy9129; 08-06-2012 at 01:59 PM.

  10. #10
    el diablo blanco Ocdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
    This isn't a study, just the first thing I found when I googled "1900's testosterone levels compared to today"

    Men & Testosterone

    "The normal range of testosterone is reported as 350- 1200ng/dl. Studies in the 1940's showed the average testosterone level to be at 700 ng/dl, 300 ng/dl higher than for men today. In the past, a drop in testosterone levels to 250 ng/dl was rarely reported before men were 80 years of age. Yet today, it is not an uncommon value for middle aged men."
    Wander what would cause such a significant societal drop in T? Has to be activity level and diet related? I just got my physical done (2 years late, but better than never). On a whim I asked them to check my level, came back at nearly 600. Middle of the road I guess? I do think Natural T levels increase with physical activity, based on a nutrionist friend of mine. He swears working out the legs a little (ie stairs) before a work out, generates T and helps in feuling the rest of the body.

  11. #11
    I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    society does less than they ever have. Just look at every day work at home as far as doing dishes, cooking, cleaning, lawn mowing etc. 50 years ago those things all took a lot more effort then they did today. Also people work more thus have more work around the house farmed out.
    Ocdude likes this.

  12. #12
    el diablo blanco Ocdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    3
    I work my ass off, long hours and travel. You hit that spot on!
    So naturally I have to farm the yard work out LOL

  13. #13
    IncreasedMyT @ ULV THE-DET-OAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,191
    Rep Power
    22
    It is also due to Xenoestrogens

    Xenoestrogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    redhawk01 and BD7 like this.
    Need TRT? >>>>>>> Call IMT >>>>>>>>>Real Programs, Real Results

    IncreaseMyT.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 866-206-9926

  14. #14
    I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    Also today there is a condition for everything and a perscription to "treat" that condition. A lot of people just cant exercise and eat right

  15. #15
    BD7
    BD7 is offline
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    It is also due to Xenoestrogens

    Xenoestrogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I think higher levels of blood sugar (think High Fructose Corn Syrup and other junk food) has a great deal to do with it also. Most people drink soda like it's water. That and as Oak said above, xenoetrogens have a great deal to do with decreased T levels. Most younger guys I think spend more time on the couch playing video games than they do being active, therefore end up with higher percentage bodyfat, higher E2, lower T etc.

    In regards to how guys react when talking about low T, they are either in denial, uneducated or their ego gets in the way. Once their symptoms get bad enough for them to educate themselves, they are usually no longer in denial.. well, they might be but @ least they are taking steps in the right direction. Some like you said just take Viagra or other PDE5 inhibitor and think that's the best they can do.
    THE-DET-OAK and redhawk01 like this.

  16. #16
    I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BD7 View Post
    I think higher levels of blood sugar (think High Fructose Corn Syrup and other junk food) has a great deal to do with it also. Most people drink soda like it's water. That and as Oak said above, xenoetrogens have a great deal to do with decreased T levels. Most younger guys I think spend more time on the couch playing video games than they do being active, therefore end up with higher percentage bodyfat, higher E2, lower T etc.

    In regards to how guys react when talking about low T, they are either in denial, uneducated or their ego gets in the way. Once their symptoms get bad enough for them to educate themselves, they are usually no longer in denial.. well, they might be but @ least they are taking steps in the right direction. Some like you said just take Viagra or other PDE5 inhibitor and think that's the best they can do.
    I think for guys under 40 it just gets over looked. I fought the battle for 3-4 years saying it was my thyroid, and they kept telling me it wasnt and I needed to get into shape even when I was in shape(5'10, 180lbs) Finally the blood test nurse threw it in there off a wim and I wound up with low T.
    BD7 likes this.

  17. #17
    BD7
    BD7 is offline
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by theguy9129 View Post
    I think for guys under 40 it just gets over looked. I fought the battle for 3-4 years saying it was my thyroid, and they kept telling me it wasnt and I needed to get into shape even when I was in shape(5'10, 180lbs) Finally the blood test nurse threw it in there off a wim and I wound up with low T.
    yeah for sure.. i mean how do we know unless we test.. not just T either.. but other health markers like blood pressure, blood sugar, body fat etc. i was just encouraging my nephew who is 26 y/o and in awesome shape (crossfit junky), to get some baseline numbers now when he's in his prime so he has a reference for later. it goes back to what i was saying about being uneducated or for alot of guys, ego gets in the way or investigating further.

  18. #18
    Amateur Bodybuilder Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    3
    I personally believe the lower T levels are simply a result of us getting fatter as a population. Testosterone is aromatized into estrogen in fat. Since we have more fat on us there is more testosterone being converted into estrogen, thus leading to low T. Xenoestrogens and lack of exercise plays a role, but I think it's mainly the result of most people becoming fat slobs.

  19. #19
    Rookie redhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    i also came across an article, that our grandfathers, great grandfathers, had higher test levels. can't seem to relocate at the moment. but it all boils down to what has been mentioned in previous posts. diets, chemicals, etc. personally for me, being on statins for over 2 years, my test levels plummeted almost 200 points. granted i didn't get baseline test levels prior to scientifically prove it, research on it, backed up my opinion that they contributed to my declining test levels. been off of them since february, cleaned up my diet, and my cholesterol has not gone up. been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) since may. will continue to monitor while on.

  20. #20
    Rookie redhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    back to the original post, who wants to admit they're not a "man" anymore? kind of hard to explain to the wife why you have lost interest. was for me anyways.

  21. #21
    Amateur Bodybuilder Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post
    back to the original post, who wants to admit they're not a "man" anymore? kind of hard to explain to the wife why you have lost interest. was for me anyways.
    Low T doesn't make you any less of a man. This is exactly the kind of thinking that keeps men from going on TRT. They don't do anything about it because they don't want anyone to know.

  22. #22
    Rookie redhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
    Low T doesn't make you any less of a man. This is exactly the kind of thinking that keeps men from going on TRT. They don't do anything about it because they don't want anyone to know.
    agreed. i suppose i could have worded it better.

  23. #23
    Pro Bodybuilder IMT staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,333
    Rep Power
    3
    People are clueless!!! Low T is a medical condition that needs to be treated!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Are you looking for Dr Prescribed Testosterone? Contact us Now!

    Contact us for your FREE no obligation pre-approval!

    IncreaseMyT.com

    Info@IncreaseMyT.com

    866-206-9926

  24. #24
    Novice
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
    Low T doesn't make you any less of a man. This is exactly the kind of thinking that keeps men from going on TRT. They don't do anything about it because they don't want anyone to know.
    I agree with you - in theory. It doesn't make you less of a man - but that is the perception, whether real or imagined. And I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence - kind of the head in the sand theory. If I don't know about it, it doesn't exist or I don't have to deal with it.

    Another factor is ignorance. I was sitting around chatting with my best bud one day describing all the symptoms of low T, which I DIDN'T KNOW were symptoms of low T. He pointed it out to me, and said that I should have my hormone levels checked. Guess what? Low T. Since then, I have tried to educate other dudes around my age (late 40's). It's astounding to me that nearly ALL of them have no clue about T levels and that they decline as you grow older, regardless of where they were when you were 20.
    THE-DET-OAK likes this.

  25. #25
    I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    Another factor is just going to the doctor for anything. men are less likely to go period. Then add in people not having insurace. Also im sure a lot of people look at as I dont want to do shots and or take anymore perscriptions then I have to.

    Like we have already said if people made life style changes in regards to sleep, diet, exercise, and other things the T levels would probably be much higher and the amount of people on T would be much lower.

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By IMT staff in forum Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
  2. By StevenTae in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 10:03 PM
  3. By TOPGUNN in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump













3Js Nutrition Network

need to build muscle