Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By THE-DET-OAK
  • 2 Post By zgx
  • 1 Post By THE-DET-OAK
    What causes estrogen problems?
    Why do some guys need Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on a low dose of T while another guy doesn't need it at all on a much higher dose? Are there any factors that contribute to estrogen increasing on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I'm thinking things like body fat, diet, amount of exercise, ethnicity? What gives?

zgx
    I just read a post from DET OAK which read that the aroma enzyme is stored in fat cells, thus the more fat the more of the aroma enzymes you have to convert T to E. I'm sure genetics plays a huge role overall.

Quote Originally Posted by zgx View Post
    I just read a post from DET OAK which read that the aroma enzyme is stored in fat cells, thus the more fat the more of the aroma enzymes you have to convert T to E. I'm sure genetics plays a huge role overall.
    Yes to this and also diet like you mentioned. Keep in mind hormones are excreted through sweat and urine so the more sweat the better cause you will drink more water and so forth.

It has been shown that men who are older and who have a higher body fat percentage tend to aromatize more.

Obesity is a big problem with estrogen, when your insulin levels stay up all day for years due to carb enriched diet it will leave growth hormone low. It is also now being proven that insulin mediates testosterone and estrogen. So then your E starts to go up cause your putting on more fat and estrogen is 10x as suppressive to the HPGA than testosterone.

Your body makes all these hormones and then the hypothalamus measures the amount in the blood and then decides how much to put out. this is the neg feedback loop. So when estrogen is high it goes to hypothalamus and says we have plenty and the only way to lower is to make less of the raw material, testosterone. This is how the snowball effect on obesity happens.

I see that word thrown around a lot and it should be noted that obese does not have to be someone that is lbs over weight, it is about your BMI.
    dy595959 and Schweddy like this.

Great info oak

zgx
    Quote Originally Posted by rikta View Post
    Great info oak
    I second this. I dunno your age and profession but if you could go through medical school you should, because this world needs endos like you in the field!
    rikta and THE-DET-OAK like this.

I second this. I dunno your age and profession but if you could go through medical school you should, because this world needs endos like you in the field!
    Or we could just organize the best doctors under one network and help way more people than we ever could as a doctor alone I would imagine we could make more money that way too

The biggest problem with most doctors are they know nothing about what to put in your body and when as far as food intake. So there is this huge gap between medication and nutrition. After all most doctors are slammed all day and barely have time to send the intern out for McDonald's

They are so out of shape themselves (the majority) no one respects them or their opinion when they tell you to get your veggies.

Some are on top of it though and most want to learn, its just a matter of organizing it
    rikta likes this.

Very Very Good Read Oak!!

oaks the man

Rookie
    Thanks again for the info OAK!

Why does alcohol increase E2?

Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    I can't remember the specifics but it has been shown to increase it.

zgx
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    Can alcohol promote aromatization of androgens to estrogens? A review.

Can alcohol promote aromatization of an - PubMed Mobile

I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Can alcohol promote aromatization of androgens to estrogens? A review.

Can alcohol promote aromatization of an - PubMed Mobile
    I have been looking for stuff like this. Is alcohol worse to drink then say beer or wine? What constitutes heavy drinking, I never drink mon-friday but usually have 5-6 drinks on the weekend in the summer down at camp, but then winter time I go weeks even months without drinking. When I asked the my doc about drinking she really said its no worse or better for you before you were on this.

I've heard beer is worse. Nothing to back that up. Anectodally, when I first started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and my bonehead doc had me on the 200mg every 2 weeks routine I went to chugfest at a local microbrewery and was overserved the day of my shot. I was depressed for about a week afterwards. I suspected high e2.

I looked on PubMed and didn't find much. Can any add more?

Since I got on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I'm leaner, buffer, and basically an all around pleasure machine. I should be able to drink beer too, right?

Rookie
    Post Migraines on test?
    I'm 26 years old and have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for about 6months. I take 100mg of cyp a week. I was diagnosed with classic migraines as a teenager. I would usually get one twice a year. The last few weeks I have been getting a migraine every week on the same day, it's usually around 5 to 7 days after the shot. Does anyone know of any possible causes to this? I know it has to be hormone related. I don't want to stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) . Does anyone has any ideas of what could be possibly going on? The doc says it shouldn't be the test if I'm taking it consistently , which I am. I drink a six pack of beer about 4 nights out of the week also. I have recently learned this has a link to an increase in estrogen. My BP is great btw. Any ideas or suggestions? There's not a lot I can find on the Internet about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffmeister View Post
    I'm 26 years old and have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for about 6months. I take 100mg of cyp a week. I was diagnosed with classic migraines as a teenager. I would usually get one twice a year. The last few weeks I have been getting a migraine every week on the same day, it's usually around 5 to 7 days after the shot. Does anyone know of any possible causes to this? I know it has to be hormone related. I don't want to stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) . Does anyone has any ideas of what could be possibly going on? The doc says it shouldn't be the test if I'm taking it consistently , which I am. I drink a six pack of beer about 4 nights out of the week also. I have recently learned this has a link to an increase in estrogen. My BP is great btw. Any ideas or suggestions? There's not a lot I can find on the Internet about this.

I think I recall reading that there is a link between estrogen and migraines. Maybe you are aromatizing the T into estrogen and that is causing your migraines. Perhaps the alcohol intake a contributing factor too. Have you gotten your hormone levels tested on the day you get your migraines to see if your estrogen levels are elevated?

Rookie
    I have only had it checked like two weeks into therapy, it was like 15 then but I have thought about having them checked during one just to see what it is, I don't think the actual test could cause this. I have also noticed an increase in back and chest acne. I'm assuming something is off somewhere, I took accutane as a teenager, which could be a possible reason for chronic low test levels. There is some interesting articles out there about that too.

It is most likely the problem of not having enough E when migraines are the issue, estrogen plays a role in brain function.

I Suck the Biggest Cocks & Swallow too !!
    Thats what I have seen, problem with beer is all the empty carbs you are drinking. I usually do mix drinks and most of the time use diet pop and no juices or anything. So I am thinking the diet is really a wash and just dealing with the alcohol its self.

I guess you only live once and from what I have seen its no worse or better not being on TRT. There has been nothing conclusive showing that alcohol intake is any worse on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and not being on TRT.

Rookie
    Everything I have searched always seems to say a drop in estrogen makes you more prone for a migraine attack, in woman with migraines. I just didn't think it would affect a man this way. I mean it's always 4 to 6 days after I take a shot. The kicker is I was on 200mg a week for like 14 weeks before I had any problems, acne, migraines,etc. I just hope there is a solution because I don't want to stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but a migraine a week isn't worth it either.

Thread Information