• 07-22-2012, 02:43 PM
    RunandGun
    2 Attachment(s)
    23 years old, just got blood work back, LOW TEST
    Hey guys so I noticed myself having a lot of the symptoms of low T. Most noticeably my libido has been very low and some fatigue/just low drive all around. The doctor said I am eligible for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I can choose the delivery method if need be. Doctor said he was reluctant to put me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) though and recommended I try the natural route first, meaning natural supplements(wtf) which I am pretty sure will have insignificant effects on my test.

I have been working out for about two years consistently and I am well educated in dieting and discipline.. Looking to get some gains while on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or maybe I should just get some gear, since my test is already fucked.. I was planning on waiting until I am 25 but seeing these results.. yea

From the results my free test seems pretty dam low, but I woudl liek some of you guys opinons.
    Attachment 545248 Attachment 545249
    i46.tinypic.com/2nvsf10.jpg
    i47.tinypic.com/2ujkxft.jpg
  • 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
    RunandGun
    I'm also skeptical about my doctor.. He really doesn't seem to know what hes talking about a good deal of the time, and he said the injections would be once a month. This seems low considering my T levels?
  • 07-23-2012, 04:42 AM
    SamSong
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RunandGun View Post
    I'm also skeptical about my doctor.. He really doesn't seem to know what hes talking about a good deal of the time, and he said the injections would be once a month. This seems low considering my T levels?

Run: Be skeptical. Be very skeptical. DO NOT let him do once per month injections to you!

Free test is low, total T isn't so bad (except that you're 23) so you've confused the poor doctor. You're in Canada (?) so you are restricted in doctor-shopping, correct? If so you just have to become an expert and TELL the doctor what to do.

Have you cycled at all in the past? Any reason (sex, drugs, rock'n'roll) that your T might be low?
  • 07-23-2012, 12:10 PM
    RunandGun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSong View Post
    Run: Be skeptical. Be very skeptical. DO NOT let him do once per month injections to you!

Free test is low, total T isn't so bad (except that you're 23) so you've confused the poor doctor. You're in Canada (?) so you are restricted in doctor-shopping, correct? If so you just have to become an expert and TELL the doctor what to do.

Have you cycled at all in the past? Any reason (sex, drugs, rock'n'roll) that your T might be low?

I havnt done a cycle. Ive been working out for almost 2 years now with a 4 month break in between. Ive had horrible sleep during the past two years (5-6 hours with interruptions) because i sleep on a crappy futon. Sex drive has been very low compared to previous, but i dont have it too bad for putting muscle on. Ill post pics when I'm back from work.

Im a small guy 5'6 130 very light frame. Since i was14 ive smoked about 2 grams of kush every day, i just quit about a month ago. I also used to smoke one or two unfiltered cigarettes a day, quit that same time as the weed. About the doctor i could change whenever i want, my current one is horrible at diagnosing from my past experience, but he does pretty much whatever I ask him to.
  • 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM
    theguy9129
    Your T is not that low, you may want to look at better sleep, diet, alcohol or cigarette intake first. Be careful some people are quick to say stick a needle but you may want to get the whole picture painted first. But once a month will do nothing, I know there is some treatment where they will shoot you up a few times in hopes of jump starting your system. personally I have been on the patches, gel and shots. Run far far away from the patches, havent been on gel long enough yet but its Pain to deal with every day. I would do the shots.
  • 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
    RunandGun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theguy9129 View Post
    Your T is not that low, you may want to look at better sleep, diet, alcohol or cigarette intake first. Be careful some people are quick to say stick needle but you may want to get the whole picture painted first. But once a month will do nothing, I know there is some treatment where they will shoot you up a few times in hopes of jump starting your system. personally I have been on the patches, gel and shots. Run far far away from the patches, havent been on gel long enough yet but its Pain to deal with every day. I would do the shots.

Thanks for the advice. Ill definitely try a better (fattier) diet and more sleep. Ill go for another blood test in a month and see if things have improved. You say my test isn't that low but my free test is a good deal under the minimum of the given ranges? Isn't free test the better indicator of muscle growth?
  • 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM
    theguy9129
    I dont know about free causing muscle growth or not. But everything Ive seen total number is what is really looked at. You may also ask for a blood test on thyroid, iron levels, and vitamin B12. It may be worthwhile to check your liver as well.

But with those numbers I would probably out of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) specially at your age. Im 29 and on it and not happy about do it, but my numbers were well below the minumum not in the middle like yours.

But like I said earlier its looks to be a life style change.
  • 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM
    THE-DET-OAK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theguy9129 View Post
    I dont know about free causing muscle growth or not. But everything Ive seen total number is what is really looked at. You may also ask for a blood test on thyroid, iron levels, and vitamin B12. It may be worthwhile to check your liver as well.

But with those numbers I would probably out of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) specially at your age. Im 29 and on it and not happy about do it, but my numbers were well below the minumum not in the middle like yours.

But like I said earlier its looks to be a life style change.

While I agree you need to rule out a lot of things before you go the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) route, I wanted to point out the Free T is actually much more important than total testosterone.

When testosterone enters the blood stream it gets bound to albumin and SHBG and the remaining, roughly 2 to 3% is free. It is the free testosterone that activates the Androgen receptors. So in layman it is the only part of the T that actually does anything in the body, testosterone is merely a signaling system.
  • 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
    RunandGun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    While I agree you need to rule out a lot of things before you go the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) route, I wanted to point out the Free T is actually much more important than total testosterone.

When testosterone enters the blood stream it gets bound to albumin and SHBG and the remaining, roughly 2 to 3% is free. It is the free testosterone that activates the Androgen receptors. So in layman it is the only part of the T that actually does anything in the body, testosterone is merely a signaling system.

Thats exactly what I have always heard. And looking at those numbers, my free test seems significantly low no? I didn't think crappy sleeping coudl attribute to this much of a deficiency, but I guess some of you guys on here would know more..
  • 07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
    THE-DET-OAK
    yes that is super low but at your age there may be a fix for it.
  • 07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
    RunandGun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    yes that is super low but at your age there may be a fix for it.

:( Whats your suggestion? I've heard vitamin D supplement and just basically get a lot more sleep and try to reduce stress?

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump

need to build muscle

3Js Nutrition Network

mr supps

health and fitness talk

need to build muscle