rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By THE-DET-OAK
  • 1 Post By boaterkevin
  • 2 Post By Schweddy
    Novice
    How long have you been on TRT?
    I am curious how long most of the people on here have been on testosterone replacement therapy. I am on my 6th week, 4 on androgel 2 on injections.

Novice
    Since June 6. Started with 200mg graduated to 250 twice per week as of last week.

Novice
    I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for a year, in that year I have not noticed any change I started with androgel for a month and then went to injections even at 200mg a week split in two injections I still feel the same so my next appt with my Endo I am going to stop everything and see how I recover. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) didn't do anything for me. My test level before I started was at 355 this most be a good number for me.

How long were you on injections for?

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    How long were you on injections for?
    If your asking me I started injections last year October

Did you ever try doing a larger shot every 7-10 days?

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    Did you ever try doing a larger shot every 7-10 days?
    No the most I have taken is 210mg every 7 days but then I started to have a lot of problems with gyno right now my doctor wanted me to back off so I am taking 100mg every 10 days , also taking 10mg nolva every day because of the chest/breast pain we tried Arimidex but the nolva seem to help better with the pain right now. So I have become very disappointed in the hole testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) also have been having some ED problems that I never had before starting TRT. Have been haveing ED problem with my E2 being 14-60 doesn't seem to matter for me if I am high or low.

14 is really low, most guys lose there libido when that happens. What about HCG? sounds like it is the missing link in your situation, and gotta get rid of the nolva if possible its toxic and lowers IGF- 1 just sounds like you need some more tweaking to get it right, although there is a certain failure rate with these medications.

I know plenty of guys that have tried everything on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), then all the sudden they add Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and BAM, home run..........

Usually when Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) fails its because the patient did not get prescribed enough, there is this fairy tale going around about how Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) desensitizes the leydig cells, which couldn't be further from the truth.

It sounds to me like it could be the culprit seeing as how your libido went south while on TRT
    clsmth700 likes this.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt09 View Post
    I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for a year, in that year I have not noticed any change I started with androgel for a month and then went to injections even at 200mg a week split in two injections I still feel the same so my next appt with my Endo I am going to stop everything and see how I recover. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) didn't do anything for me. My test level before I started was at 355 this most be a good number for me.
    kirt09 - I too have been on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for a long time (8 months now) with little to no change in anything. I have ever so slightly more energy, but no real muscle gain or fat loss, no libido, still have ed, etc...and I have been using HCG. 500 IU E3D. I am currently using 100mg of test E3D and 0.25mg (1/4 pill) Adex E3D. I don't seem to convert much at all to E2. When I was on 0.5 mg Adex E3D my E2 was 11. My hypothesis is low DHT as I had a test awhile back that showed low levels.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by newtohrt View Post
    kirt09 - I too have been on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for a long time (8 months now) with little to no change in anything. I have ever so slightly more energy, but no real muscle gain or fat loss, no libido, still have ed, etc...and I have been using HCG. 500 IU E3D. I am currently using 100mg of test E3D and 0.25mg (1/4 pill) Adex E3D. I don't seem to convert much at all to E2. When I was on 0.5 mg Adex E3D my E2 was 11. My hypothesis is low DHT as I had a test awhile back that showed low levels.
    So what are you going to do have you thought about stopping?

Rookie
    I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 8 months. In that time I've drifted in and out of the "sweet spot" but have yet to get everything 100% dialed in. Considering it takes your body 4 to 6 weeks to stablize with any protocol changes, 8 months is a pretty short amount of time all things considered. Prior to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I suffered from low (no) libido, couldn't lose weight as easily as I once could, low energy, was always irritable and was just generally out of shape (physically and mentally). Since treatment my libido has "improved" but not through the roof as some have experienced, I have plenty of energy now for the wife and kids, and the biggest improvements have been overall mood (less/no irritability) and at 39 I'm in better shape than most guys in their 20's. For me testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is/will be a long term deal if not for life so I am not discouraged if things are not yet 100% perfect (if that's even possible). Although my protocol has changed a few times, the basics have been 200mg/wk Test C (x 3 pins at .33ml), 1,200iu HCG/wk (x 2 pins at 600iu) and .50mg Anastrozole (x 2 at .25mg). I have currently dropped the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in hopes of better controlling my e2 so I can reduce/eliminate the AI.

Thanks to all those who contribute to this forum. It has been a tremendous resource for me over the last year. It's funny, I often check here first before discussing any issues with my doctor. Obviously you can't trust everything you read but 99% of the time the information here is spot on and insightful.
    BigFella likes this.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by boaterkevin View Post
    I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 8 months. In that time I've drifted in and out of the "sweet spot" but have yet to get everything 100% dialed in. Considering it takes your body 4 to 6 weeks to stablize with any protocol changes, 8 months is a pretty short amount of time all things considered. Prior to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I suffered from low (no) libido, couldn't lose weight as easily as I once could, low energy, was always irritable and was just generally out of shape (physically and mentally). Since treatment my libido has "improved" but not through the roof as some have experienced, I have plenty of energy now for the wife and kids, and the biggest improvements have been overall mood (less/no irritability) and at 39 I'm in better shape than most guys in their 20's. For me testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is/will be a long term deal if not for life so I am not discouraged if things are not yet 100% perfect (if that's even possible). Although my protocol has changed a few times, the basics have been 200mg/wk Test C (x 3 pins at .33ml), 1,200iu HCG/wk (x 2 pins at 600iu) and .50mg Anastrozole (x 2 at .25mg). I have currently dropped the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in hopes of better controlling my e2 so I can reduce/eliminate the AI.

Thanks to all those who contribute to this forum. It has been a tremendous resource for me over the last year. It's funny, I often check here first before discussing any issues with my doctor. Obviously you can't trust everything you read but 99% of the time the information here is spot on and insightful.
    I agree 100% on the value of this forum! So much great information here, and so far above the level of what my first Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) doc knew, it is truly amazing.

I am taking a long term approach and keep hoping that someting will start to "work" at some point. I have been using HGH for just over a month and I am hoping that will help after awhile. So far it has made my skin a bit softer and maybe a bit younger-looking.

Novice
    15 months on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) now. Still trying different things to get the most out of it.

I'm 4 months in. I did the every two week shot at the doctor's office for 2 moths and that sucked big time. After that I went cold turkey for 4 months and started weekly. I started w/ 100 mg of test enan per week. After a month I started experimenting with 140 to 160 mg per week. I think 140mg E7D or E6D is my sweet spot. I feel great with this. It took me about 6 weeks to feel like I was a new man. I've started getting some zits on my chest so I will get my blood checked soon. My lasts bloods 2 months ago (when I was on 140 mg consistantly) had my Total T at 742 and my E2 at 27.5 on day 7 of my weekly routine.

The first week my mood improved. This continued for about six weeks and I think it has finally leveled out. I didn't know how bad I felt until I started feeling good.
    Weeks 2 - 3 I had ED problems which I never had before.
    At six weeks my wife developed a lazy eye a slight limp from all the sex. (I kid, I kid)
    At 9 weeks I noticed my dress shirts no longer fit because of gains from the gym.

I use no Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or HCG. I'm of the opinion that it is better to start small then to freak your body out with too much at one time. I've read a lot of guys posts where they started at 200 - 250mg per week with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and had Estrogen problems. I also suspect that if you are active, fit and not overweight you are less inclined to have high E2 levels. No proof on this, just an opinion.

My gains in the gym have been mindblowing to me on 140 mg per week. I'm in only once a week lifting heavy with the 5/5/5 plan. I also run about 20 miles per week.

TRT has changed my life for the better.
    THE-DET-OAK and BigFella like this.

Any idea what causes acne on the chest? I am getting some of that too.

increased oil production from the extra androgens and auto immune response triggered by estrogen