Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Rookie
    Default New to trt, looking for some advice..
    Hey everyone I don't know very much about hormones or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so far, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I have felt horrible in so many ways for so many years. Pretty much the same symptoms as I see on other threads. I lost my paper that told me what my results for the test were, but my doctor said they were low enough that he recommended I try trt.

I'm 33 years old. My height is 6'1/2", and my weight (which never moves) is 262.

As far as the numbers go from the blood test, I'm not sure how to correctly display them. All I remember is there was a high number and a low number. My high was 91, and low was 3.5

Does that makes any sense to anyone? He said it's about half of what he would expect to see in someone my age.

He is prescribing Depo Testosterone 200mg to be taken every 2 weeks. Refills for a year. (pending the blood tests stay ok)

I've been poking around a little bit and I see that people recommend taking 100mg every week as opposed to 200mg every 2.

Is there a certain reason for this? I will be receiving the liquid/shot kind because that's the only one my insurance covers right now.

I'm so excited to maybe have a glimmer of light in my life again. I haven't thought about sex in 7 years, I've been severely depressed with extreme anxiety. My thinking has been really foggy/cloudy, and I can't remember the last time I've felt like things were simply ok...

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can offer a comment, or talk about anything
    mentioned here.

I have 5 days before my first injection, and I have my hopes up maybe higher than I should have I guess. I am wondering how long it would be before I notice any difference at all...

Thanks for reading!!

just a Lil guy!!!
    Well it normally takes around 4 weeks to kick in. Well pinning once a week rather then two will let you have more stable blood levels because of the half life of the hormones. Ya bro this will make you feel 100% better.

Junior Bodybuilder
    I've been poking around a little bit and I see that people recommend taking 100mg every week as opposed to 200mg every 2.

Is there a certain reason for this? I will be receiving the liquid/shot kind because that's the only one my insurance covers right now.

Yes, there is huge reason for this. You need you T levels to be stable. Every two weeks guarantees that you will be on a roller coaster. I inject every three days (E3D). That means my T levels are near enough to flat, my injections are tiny and painless and I am in control, not a bloody doctor who knows nothing.

You need to take control, so you need to know all you blood work and learn like crazy - which it appears you are doing. Welcome! These problems are fleeting. Your health is coming back.
    Last edited by BigFella; 06-07-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Bloody typo

Rookie
    Thanks for the replies guys! Unfortunately I have to take my first shot in the office, so that would force me to wait 2 weeks since I would run out if I started the next week. I'm just really nervous about this, I hope this is what I need to get back to being me. I've been reading some horror stories of people actually having lower levels because their body turns it into estrogen? All I know is at this point I can't feel much worse! Once again ty for the welcome and info.

Novice
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I hope this works. My Doc put me in Androgel, I am not happy about it because it takes longer to kick in. I am only on day 3 and don't feel anything yet. I am finding on the posts there are allot of abbreviations flying around and terms that I need to learn because its hard to grasp all of the info. LH, FSH, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) estradiol to name a few, I wonder if there is a cheat sheet for all the terms and what they mean.

Maybe if my testosterone levels go up the fog will lift and I can grasp things a little better.lol

Rookie
    Hey Gents.
    Im new here as well,been poken around for a couple weeks,been dealing with the KAISER DOGMA.
    whata joke. I had some blood work done a week ago to day...saw the results wed night,I did try to throw them off by haveing myblood drawn @ 5 in the afternoon,needless to say my total was tanked out at 150, and free was at 30. Talked with Endo. Doc and he said he would never treat anyone that had a late afternoon blood draw coming in at 150 because it was so late in the day,,,,so I asked him ``AT WHAT TIME OF DAY,WEEK,OR MONTH SHOULD MY T BE AT 150?
    Needless to say I pissed him of and he orderd new labs for total and free T,LH,FSH and Prolactin.
    Last year I was lifting 3 days a week eating clean not drinking getting plenty of rest and my T pegged out @ 400, I was still very symtomatic for low T. This Dr.is a fkn vampire but Im trying to follow the correct path before I go elswhere to look for help and I am just about to that point.
    Im 52, 5`8`` 210lbs. and I enjoy this web sight...Thank you to all you veterans here on ths sight.
    I do have a Dr. Im going to call here in Sacramento...he`s not a bodylogic/franchise guy or anything like that. Heres a little something from his web sight.

TESTOSTERONE deficiency is a common problem for men. The signs and symptoms include fatigue, loss of sex drive, depression, erectile dysfunction and irritability. I treat men with testosterone creams, gels, pellets, and injections but I get the best results using injections. The medical textbooks recommend testosterone injections into the buttocks muscle once every 2-4 weeks. This is a big mistake! The reason is that when testosterone injections are spread this far apart (every 2-4 weeks), a "roller-coaster" effect occurs.
    What this means is that 1-2 days after an injection, blood levels of testosterone soar to incredibly high levels. The roller coaster drop occurs 1-2 weeks later, when blood levels sink to very low levels. The man may feel great for a few days after his injection, but soon thereafter he notices a marked drop-off in benefit. This problem is further compounded by the unfortunate fact that men convert excess testosterone into ESTROGEN. High estrogen levels lead to undesirable side effects like diminished libido, breast enlargement and prostate enlargement.
    My solution to this problem is to give smaller amounts of testosterone more frequently. Instead of injecting a large volume of testosterone every 2-4 weeks, I recommend a small volume of testosterone once or twice a week. And because the volume is small, it can be injected just under the skin, using an insulin syringe (very small needle). These "subcutaneous" injections are painless! Once or twice weekly subcutaneous injections consistently keep the blood testosterone levels in the desirable range. The roller-coaster effect disappears! Your doctor can learn practical, detailed information about subcutaneous testosterone injections by reading my soon to be published book "FOR YOUR DOCTOR".

The Sub C route works ok for some, not so well for others. There have been many veterans through the days that have tried it. I can think of one log that went for 6 months, with the eventual conclusion that sub-C injections of oil based solutions are just not always practical.

There is no one way to write a book on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) honestly and most of them have been written before in one way or another. Others just come by, re write it and put there spin on it.

The key to having a successful testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) program when you first start, is having someone willing and available to answer your questions as you go through a HUGE learning experience.

Its just not a one size fits all, anyone who tries to conform it into the same protocol for everyone is already getting off on the wrong foot with me.

justmy2cents

Are you looking for Dr Prescribed Testosterone? Contact us Now!

Contact us for your FREE no obligation pre-approval!

IncreaseMyT.com

Info@IncreaseMyT.com

866-206-9926

Rookie
    That's advice I'm going to take. I have a relatively young doctor who is also treating me for opioid dependance, so he has no problem working not only from the data, but the way I feel as well. Like someone else was saying earlier, maybe after a few shots I'll have enough of the fog gone to where I can educate myself on this. I'm still coming to terms that this will be part of my life from now on.

Thread Information