Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Rookie
    Default recent blood tests need more info
    Just got blood tests, just to see where im at. I have been suffering from anxiety and mild depression and got my hormones checked just in case. apparently the doctor says im in the values ranges and that im amazingly healthy, i would just to see what you guys think. Im 22 yo btw.

tsh 1.53 miu/l (0.40-4.00)
    t3 6.3pmol/l (2.8-7.1)
    t4 20.1 pmol/l (9.0-25.0)
    testosterone 13.9 nmol/l (11.0-32.0)
    cortisol 398 mnol/l (85- 460)
    lh 3 iu/l (2-12)
    fsh 2 iu/l ( 2-12)
    shbg 22 nmol/l (15-60)
    e2 61 pmol/l (20-180)
    dhea 13.2 umol/l (1.5-13.0)

Junior Bodybuilder
    So your total T is around the figure of your average (not super-fit) 80-year-old.

Reasearch like crazy, print out research papers, take them to your doctor. If I was 22 and I wasn't right at the top of the scale I'd be pissed off.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFella View Post
    So your total T is around the figure of your average (not super-fit) 80-year-old.

Reasearch like crazy, print out research papers, take them to your doctor. If I was 22 and I wasn't right at the top of the scale I'd be pissed off.
    hey mate which value is the total t?
    i have tried looking at papers on google, cant seemed to find any legit ones. would google schoolar be a better option?

Are you looking for Dr Prescribed Testosterone? Contact us Now!

Contact us for your FREE no obligation pre-approval!

IncreaseMyT.com

Info@IncreaseMyT.com

866-206-9926

Rookie
    saw another doctor today and apparently all is fine, seeing that i got the test later on in the day, but does it really have that much effect?

will go see a endo or get another test in the morn

Junior Bodybuilder
    Biggie: the total T is the 13.9 nmol/L. Most T is rendered unavailable because it is "bound" to something else, which is why the SHBG figure is important. SHBG = sex hormone binding globulin. So the higher your SHBG is and the lower your free T is, the lower your available T. One way to think of it is T as a PacMan figure, and the SHBG as a segment of the circle that turns the PacMan into a plain circle. The only T available to your body is the T that DOES look like a PacMan. (Corrected!)

Some doctors think that available T is the more important figure. I don't, but I'm an amateur.

BTW: it is incredibly hard to find the definitive answer of what is normal T levels for normal 22 year old males, but I can assure you that you're off the bottom of the scale. From all the stuff I've read at 22 you're way down unless you score at least 25.

And a big warning: mild depression turns into severe depression unless you reverse it. And even slightly mild depression destroys your life, so fix it!

And my severe depression was fixed by just a low dose of T.
    Last edited by BigFella; 05-25-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Friggin typo as usual

Rookie
    Biggie: the total T is the 13.9 nmol/L. Most T is rendered unavailable because it is "bound" to something else, which is why the SHBG figure is important. SHBG = sex hormone binding globulin. So the higher your SHBG is and the lower your free T is, the lower your available T. One way to think of it is T as a PacMan figure, and the SHBG as a segment of the circle that turns the PacMan into a plain circle. The only T available to your body is the T that doesn't look like a PacMan.

Some doctors think that available T is the more important figure. I don't, but I'm an amateur.

BTW: it is incredibly hard to find the definitive answer of what is normal T levels for normal 22 year old males, but I can assure you that you're off the bottom of the scale. From all the stuff I've read at 22 you're way down unless you score at least 25.

And a big warning: mild depression turns into severe depression unless you reverse it. And even slightly mild depression destroys your life, so fix it!

And my severe depression was fixed by just a low dose of T.

cheers mate, went to the docs today and i told them that shouldnt my test be higher for my age? he said its all good and if im really worried i should get another test in the morning. i think he was trying to play dumb with me coz i told him i would like to be refered to a endo.. and he was like what is that

i think ill take another test in the morning and go from there. i just want to be able to feel lively again and get morning wood

also low shbg is a good thing then?

yes low shbg is good. The lower shbg means more free test. free test is actually more important than total test.

uniquemicals
Thread Information