Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Rookie
    recent blood tests need more info
    Just got blood tests, just to see where im at. I have been suffering from anxiety and mild depression and got my hormones checked just in case. apparently the doctor says im in the values ranges and that im amazingly healthy, i would just to see what you guys think. Im 22 yo btw.

tsh 1.53 miu/l (0.40-4.00)
    t3 6.3pmol/l (2.8-7.1)
    t4 20.1 pmol/l (9.0-25.0)
    testosterone 13.9 nmol/l (11.0-32.0)
    cortisol 398 mnol/l (85- 460)
    lh 3 iu/l (2-12)
    fsh 2 iu/l ( 2-12)
    shbg 22 nmol/l (15-60)
    e2 61 pmol/l (20-180)
    dhea 13.2 umol/l (1.5-13.0)

Junior Bodybuilder
    So your total T is around the figure of your average (not super-fit) 80-year-old.

Reasearch like crazy, print out research papers, take them to your doctor. If I was 22 and I wasn't right at the top of the scale I'd be pissed off.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFella View Post
    So your total T is around the figure of your average (not super-fit) 80-year-old.

Reasearch like crazy, print out research papers, take them to your doctor. If I was 22 and I wasn't right at the top of the scale I'd be pissed off.
    hey mate which value is the total t?
    i have tried looking at papers on google, cant seemed to find any legit ones. would google schoolar be a better option?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Are you looking for Dr Prescribed Testosterone? Contact us Now!

Contact us for your FREE no obligation pre-approval!

IncreaseMyT.com

Info@IncreaseMyT.com

866-206-9926

Rookie
    saw another doctor today and apparently all is fine, seeing that i got the test later on in the day, but does it really have that much effect?

will go see a endo or get another test in the morn

Junior Bodybuilder
    Biggie: the total T is the 13.9 nmol/L. Most T is rendered unavailable because it is "bound" to something else, which is why the SHBG figure is important. SHBG = sex hormone binding globulin. So the higher your SHBG is and the lower your free T is, the lower your available T. One way to think of it is T as a PacMan figure, and the SHBG as a segment of the circle that turns the PacMan into a plain circle. The only T available to your body is the T that DOES look like a PacMan. (Corrected!)

Some doctors think that available T is the more important figure. I don't, but I'm an amateur.

BTW: it is incredibly hard to find the definitive answer of what is normal T levels for normal 22 year old males, but I can assure you that you're off the bottom of the scale. From all the stuff I've read at 22 you're way down unless you score at least 25.

And a big warning: mild depression turns into severe depression unless you reverse it. And even slightly mild depression destroys your life, so fix it!

And my severe depression was fixed by just a low dose of T.
    Last edited by BigFella; 05-25-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Friggin typo as usual

Rookie
    Biggie: the total T is the 13.9 nmol/L. Most T is rendered unavailable because it is "bound" to something else, which is why the SHBG figure is important. SHBG = sex hormone binding globulin. So the higher your SHBG is and the lower your free T is, the lower your available T. One way to think of it is T as a PacMan figure, and the SHBG as a segment of the circle that turns the PacMan into a plain circle. The only T available to your body is the T that doesn't look like a PacMan.

Some doctors think that available T is the more important figure. I don't, but I'm an amateur.

BTW: it is incredibly hard to find the definitive answer of what is normal T levels for normal 22 year old males, but I can assure you that you're off the bottom of the scale. From all the stuff I've read at 22 you're way down unless you score at least 25.

And a big warning: mild depression turns into severe depression unless you reverse it. And even slightly mild depression destroys your life, so fix it!

And my severe depression was fixed by just a low dose of T.

cheers mate, went to the docs today and i told them that shouldnt my test be higher for my age? he said its all good and if im really worried i should get another test in the morning. i think he was trying to play dumb with me coz i told him i would like to be refered to a endo.. and he was like what is that

i think ill take another test in the morning and go from there. i just want to be able to feel lively again and get morning wood

also low shbg is a good thing then?

yes low shbg is good. The lower shbg means more free test. free test is actually more important than total test.

Thread Information