Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Veterans: How did you get dialed in?
    Could some of you veterans share your experiences in getting dialed into the correct dosage? How did you do it? How long did it take? What did you use a guide?

I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 2 years now. I still dont think I am dialed in yet.

I keep changing test dosages, changing Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) dosages, changing Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosages.
    Then I added in Winstrol (winny), and Anavar at times which complicates things even more.

I am all over the place like a yo yo. The only thing thats been constant is my gym lifts keep getting stronger and my body composition is getting better. Libido and ED are swinging all over the place tho. some good days some bad days.

Junior Bodybuilder
    My doc got me on 100mg/wk with no Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or hcg. I played around a bit and feel much better at 150-200mg/wk. Taking Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is alittle more complicated. 25mg/ed was way too much and killed my E2 with caused low libido and sore joints. I'm playing around 12.5mg/ed and will get retested soon. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) gives me a boost in libido as well but only take it when on 200mg of test or more a week.

trial and error and finding whats right for you.

I'm good at 100mg every 10 days. I have no desire to have kids, so no hcg for me.

I am 6 months in and I am getting pretty close. Well, let's back up a step, I feel fricken great now and my libido is through the roof. Making great gains in the gym etc etc. I am at 200mg T per week right now and I may lower it just a tad if my Total t is still to high. I am shooting for 1200 Total T. 20 SHBG and E2 about the same as SHBG. The key for me is to make a change and stick with it for at least 4 weeks, then get bloods. I make a log of how I feel everyday, I pull bloodwork if I feel terrible, and I pull bloodwork if I feel great. I expect to be dialed in within a few more months. I have the feeling good part down perfect, I just need to get other bloodwork numbers in order, hemocrit, PSA etc.

Delighted to hear the libido is through the roof. I also have created a log for tracking both my injection date/amounts, labs, and feeling & mood. My plan has been to give each adjustment a about a month and then get labs to check. All is good now except for the libido - which I understand is usually the last piece of the puzzle to fall into place.

Rookie
    TIME. Although a month seems like eternity it's really not enough time for your body to adjust to anything more than subtle changes in your protocol. It's been my experience that the testosterone effects are immediate but the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) varies based one how your body aromatases Test and HCG. If you list your protocol there are folks on here that can give much more detailed/helpful advise than me.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by methos View Post
    I am 6 months in and I am getting pretty close. Well, let's back up a step, I feel fricken great now and my libido is through the roof. Making great gains in the gym etc etc. I am at 200mg T per week right now and I may lower it just a tad if my Total t is still to high. I am shooting for 1200 Total T. 20 SHBG and E2 about the same as SHBG. The key for me is to make a change and stick with it for at least 4 weeks, then get bloods. I make a log of how I feel everyday, I pull bloodwork if I feel terrible, and I pull bloodwork if I feel great. I expect to be dialed in within a few more months. I have the feeling good part down perfect, I just need to get other bloodwork numbers in order, hemocrit, PSA etc.
    I think this is very good advice for anyone trying to get dialed in and is essentially what I did.

Time, allow changes to take effect, don't make more than one change at a time if possible, get tested when you feel great, get tested when you feel like shit and don't think you need to run your T over 1500 all the time to feel good.

I am coming up on a year since starting with injectables and the first few months were rough, but I am so dialed in now how I feel with proper levels has simply become my norm.

Good luck.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
    I think this is very good advice for anyone trying to get dialed in and is essentially what I did.

Time, allow changes to take effect, don't make more than one change at a time if possible, get tested when you feel great, get tested when you feel like shit and don't think you need to run your T over 1500 all the time to feel good.

I am coming up on a year since starting with injectables and the first few months were rough, but I am so dialed in now how I feel with proper levels has simply become my norm.

Good luck.
    Could you share your protcol with us I'm always intrested to see what is working for guys that are dialed in and feeling great.
    Thanks

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by BZOERB View Post
    Could you share your protcol with us I'm always intrested to see what is working for guys that are dialed in and feeling great.
    Thanks
    Test Cypionate .5ml (75mg) injected every 84 hours. In my case every Monday at 7AM and every Thursday at 7PM.

HCG 500IU's taken at the same time as Test and on the same schedule

Anastrozole (Adex) .25mg taken 24 hours after Test injections

60mg Armour Thyroid ED

DHEA sub lingual/Pregnanolone/Vitamin D/B Complex

Semenax - 3 capsules daily

I am a huge fan of the 84 hour injection frequency. I have also found through experimentation that I can run my test higher and still feel good, whereas before running my test over 1500 didn't feel good.

I am currently running a weekly total of 150mg and usually stay around 1100-1200 total test.

An interesting side note, at 150mg weekly, I have ongoing, but moderate bacne. At higher levels of test the bacne seems to clear up. Not really sure what's up with that.

I hope this is in some way helpful.
    Last edited by TR90125; 05-19-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added (75mg)

Junior Bodybuilder
    TR90125: Extremely helpful. Thanks.

TR, I have the same issue with acne. My last adjustment was a decrease in T dosage and I am having the acne issues now for the first time. Especially in weird places, like shins. LOL

Novice
    Thanks for that I may give that protocol a try, I'm doing EOD test, HCG EOD before test its working ok but getting old pinning everyday.
    No problems doing the HCG on the same day? Nice and simple I like it.
    Last edited by BZOERB; 05-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by BZOERB View Post
    Thanks for that I may give that protocol a try, I'm doing EOD test, HCG EOD before test its working ok but getting old pinning everyday.
    No problems doing the HCG on the same day? Nice and simple I like it.
    Like anything, I'm sure you could find more than one article for or against it. I have been doing that way for some time and the sky hasn't fallen. It is possible to over think things some times. Lol.

Novice
    Agree with that (overthinking) I was wondering how it would go if you did Test, HCG and Anastrozole all at the same time. When I was doing the EOD I got to thinking and if I have to do this for the rest of my life there is now way I want to be doing it that much, so like I said I'm going to try getting dialed in with fewer shots per week. I may even go to E5D and leave it at that.

Thread Information