Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Doesn't sound like this guy knows what he's doing. Your best bet is going with a clinic, but no insurance coverage.

Yeah man I may have to. Just sucks because I don't really have money to pay for it myself. I also don't really know what its going to cost though either.

Alright, so no insurance just isnt an option. I will just have to push with this doc and I am also looking at an endo that might work. This sucks.

So looked up an endo but he is out til july... Man i hope i am fixed by then thinking about a urologist hat says he is taking on new paitents specifically for low test.

Okay so my MRI is back and came back clean, so here I sit still with low t and no soloution as of yet. To quote the letter I got from the doc,"No clear cause of low testosterone being low."

Hey man,
    I know you said that you dont have the $ for therapy without using insurance and I dont know your situation. However, I thought I couldnt afford it, made that known to the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) company I am working with. It was way cheaper than I thought it would be. PM me if you'd like.

I cant pm.... not enough posts. You can shoot me an email me if you like should be available in my profile.

Junior Bodybuilder
    I needed to score a low number on my T test - twice - and I did. (Thanks for the advice guys.)

Testosterone is produced while you sleep, and depleted during the day. So don't sleep and have another blood test.

We aren't trying to game the system - we are just trying to get what we need.
    Last edited by BigFella; 05-05-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by BigFella View Post
    I needed to score a low number on my T test - twice - and I did. (Thanks for the advice guys.)

Testosterone in produced while you sleep, and depleted during the day. So don't sleep and have another blood test.

We aren't trying to game the system - we are just trying to get what we need.
    I got 2 low tests too, still no T. Made my next appointment to talk about the side effects of using test. Sounds like I may be getting close.

Okay so got MRI results and no tumors. Doc said one more set of tests and here are the results.

TESTOSTERONE 301ng/dL (286-1510 ng/dL)
    INSULIN LIKE GF 1 150ng/mL (117 - 329ng/mL)
    TSH 1.66uIU/mL (0.30 - 4.70uIU/mL)
    FSH 1.2mIU/mL (1.4 -18.1 mIU/mL)
    LH 1.5mIU/mL (1.5 -9.3 mIU/mL)

Still feeling like crap... thoughts on new test results. Still havent started TRT.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Envious

Your definition of low T and the medical profession's definition is way different. The low range "acceptable" of 250 or so is around what the average 95 year old male has.

If you want a low reading, as I did (I needed it to get it legally prescribed in Australia) then all I had to do was stay up all night. I scored 46. Now my doctor is taking me seriously.

I have no idea how willing my guy is to learn. If he is willing I am happy to teach him.

So got a letter today to go see an endo . Starting to feel like there is no hope sucks.

Hey guys,
    Still pushing through and feeling like crap. Went and saw an endo. He wanted to go down the depression road, but I told him that wasn't it. He took more blood and here are the results.

IGF-1 157ng/mL 115 - 307 ng/mL

FSH,SERUM 1mIU/mL < 19 mIU/mL

TESTOST: FREE CALC, ADULT MALE 68pg/mL 47 - 244 pg/mL

TESTOST: % FREE, ADULT MALE 2.0 1.6 - 2.9 %

TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 342ng/dL 300 - 1080 ng/dL

EX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN,SERUM 28nmol/L 11 - 80nmol/L

FREE T4, SERUM 1.1ng/dL 0.6 - 1.2ng/dL

TSH 1.27uIU/ml 0.34 - 5.60 uIU/ml

LUTEINIZING HORMONE,SERUM 2mIU/mL < 11mIU/mL

PROLACTIN 9ng/ml 3 - 13ng/ml

Thoughts? He said that he didn't know if I would benefit from TRT.

Novice
    My opinion is that he is high. You are technically "in range", but barely. I'm sure you feel like shit. If nothing else, I think you should tell him "Look, maybe it will help, and maybe it won't. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) isn't likely to have any dangerous or lasting side affects if it isn't the "fix" for how I am feeling. How about you start me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and if I don't feel better in 6 months, we can talk about either changing to a different course of treatment altogether, or adding something to the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to see if I can start feeling well again."

Junior Bodybuilder
    Six months ago I was almost comatose with depression at times. Along with every other classic low T symptom. Now I'm pretty good, and getting better.

I think you can work with your doctor on this - he sounds reasonable but uneducated. It's up to you to educate him. Tell him he could become an expert in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and gain a whole new market.

Just wait. It gets better. At 4 weeks I thought I was a new man. At 12 weeks I feel like I should be fighting crime in a cape.
    DD55 likes this.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Like Big Fella says, don't sleep before your next blood test. Also, if you workout, train real hard like doing alot of heavy squats with a calorie deficit diet for the week before your draw.. This will definitely get you below range because you're almost there now. Your doc seems to know your low on T but he won't give it to you until you are officially low (out of range).. You're wasting your time trying to get treated for Low T if your not below range.. 99% of doctors won't do it especially considering you are a relatively young guy.. It sucks but that's how it works..

Finally I may have done it. After my most rescent endo decided to basically ignore me, I chose to go and talk to IMT. Let me tell you best thing I have done yet. Very easy to deal with and very quick to respond to all my questions. Should be placing an order tomorrow and then its all systems go.

zgx
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious1320 View Post
    Finally I may have done it. After my most rescent endo decided to basically ignore me, I chose to go and talk to IMT. Let me tell you best thing I have done yet. Very easy to deal with and very quick to respond to all my questions. Should be placing an order tomorrow and then its all systems go.
    I started my first testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) treatment with IMT 2 Sundays ago and I can definetely tell a positive impact in so many things, mostly psychological and with my libido.
    IMT staff likes this.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Envious, ZG: keep us in the loop!

I finally got a response from my endo who I will no longer be going to but here is what he had to say about my last test results which are a couple posts up. " the test results for total and free testosterone have come back well within the normal range , it might actually harm you to prescribe testosterone, because you would be exposed to all of the risks of treatment (on your prostate, liver, bone marrow, brain, etc)"

Junior Bodybuilder
    Jesus. You're in the States aren't you? Sue the bastard.
    Moscow likes this.

Novice
    Well, I officially don't like the new format here. Couldn't figure out how to reply without quoting......just had to delete it all.

Anyhow, welcome to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) Bro! IMT is good, and they seem to be following all of the rules to keep them legit, as well as knowing their shit. And so far no drama....

You got an MRI from your doctors, and that is no small thing. They're F***ing expensive.

You should be feeling better soon with IMT. Keep us posted!

David
    IMT staff likes this.

Placed my order last Thursday with IMT hoping to have it towards the end of the week. Super excited to be on the way to feeling normal again. So far IMT has been great.
    IMT staff likes this.

Alright package will be here tomorrow. So close now, of course I am a little nervous about my first pin. Any tips would be great, I am going to do the thigh this time. Thanks IMT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information