Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Junior Bodybuilder
    alternating injection sites?
    it's going to be my 3rd shot this saturday and the first two shots were glutes first time right cheek and second time left cheek. i've read somewhere on here that it takes 14 days for an injection site to recover so i was wondering for the 3rd shot should I go with delts? since it will have been 10 days from the first shot (e5d). The only thing is I was wondering if I should continue to just alternate cheeks (even though delts is probably easier, with the difficulty reaching around with glutes etc.) since I've read the absorption is best through glutes and since it's only my 3rd shot, maybe I haven't hit the same sites enough times to have any impact yet? I'm thinking since I'm just starting out I want to go with the most effective approach and if glutes has the most absorption maybe I should continue with that for now but, just not sure if I need to give the injection site more time to recover.

I've seen a lot of guys just move around the glutes a little. As long as you're not shooting in the same spot you should be good.. but it's always easy to shoot delts as well. I personally alternate between glutes, delts and triceps. I use a 1/2 slin on my tri's and you would never know you injected there.

i just rotate left/right ass cheek. has been working well, im only injecting 2 days a week. unless you're pinning ed/eod i think rotating back and forth is fine. if injecting more often it might make sense to go from say right/left ass cheek to left/right delt etc etc

Ive heard at two shots a week to have at least 4 pin spots.

Do delts or quads, both are super easy

Junior Bodybuilder
    well i'm at e5d so i guess that's 2 every 1.5 weeks if that makes any difference

Junior Bodybuilder
    I've read that it takes 7 days to keep receptors fresh. So e10d on the same spot shouldn't be a problem. I would also inject in a slightly different place say 1/2" away from the last spot. I do glutes mainly, but have added a delt on occasion.

Junior Bodybuilder
    ok i dont remember exactly where i pinned i dont think i could really even pin point where to wipe the alcohol pad afterwards lol unless if i didn't see slight redness after pinning. hopefully i'll be ok, i guess chances are slim i hit the exact same spot twice in a row. i'm going to continue alternating cheeks for now then.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Hey username1, you mentioned a slight redness. I read this somewhere and it helped me from the first shot. I push the plunger in so a tiny droplet comes down the needle. As this was explained, it helps to lubricate when you push the needle in. I've done it and not, and the needle always seems to go in easier when there is that tiny droplet on it. Makes sense, maybe a placebo, but I'll take whatever I can to make it easier on me.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated1 View Post
    Hey username1, you mentioned a slight redness. I read this somewhere and it helped me from the first shot. I push the plunger in so a tiny droplet comes down the needle. As this was explained, it helps to lubricate when you push the needle in. I've done it and not, and the needle always seems to go in easier when there is that tiny droplet on it. Makes sense, maybe a placebo, but I'll take whatever I can to make it easier on me.
    i do the same thing actually, push the plunger a bit so a tiny drop of oil comes out that's what Moparmuscle I think recommended as well. Anyway the redness doesn't bother me at all, I don't know maybe it might not have even been there and I just imagined it lol I don't remember.

Anyway maybe if the redness happens to me it could be since I push the needle in from right up against my skin until it goes in, I can't do it in a jab like motion like some people do, I just can't jab it in i have to put it against myself and just keep pushing until it goes in, there's tiny bit of sting in doing it like this but, it's not bad at all doesn't bother me any.

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPal View Post
    Ive heard at two shots a week to have at least 4 pin spots.

Do delts or quads, both are super easy
    where on your quads do you pin? on the side or top?

Thread Information