Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

TRT and Depression
    Having been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 5 months, I wanted to report my experiences in relation to my life-long battle with depression.

5 yrs. ago, at age 35, I acknowledged that I had Clinical Depression and reluctantly agreed to take anti-depressants in an attempt get my life going.

The drugs worked, in that they prevented dips into deep depression, however they also limited emotional highs. I felt stuck in neutral and after 4 yrs. I decided my quality of life hadnít significantly improved, so I quit the anti-depressants.

I long suspected I had some kind of hormonal imbalance and asked to have my Testosterone tested years before it was the big thing it is now. My Dr. said it was normal and I didn't think to ask for the number.

This year I began reading up on low testosterone and at age 39 was retested. First number was 249, a second lab read 225. I began injecting Test Cyp (currently @ 120mg E5D), Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), and taking Anastrozol.

I began at the end of July, and only 5 months later the changes in my life are unmistakable. I have more energy, my mood is more positive, I am losing fat and my social calendar hasn't been as full since my college years.

As far as relationships; I am single and like women. However, in years past that interest never generated enough desire to go through what it takes to court a woman or build a relationship, so I remained alone.

The testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) has ignited that fire and I have begun dating.This is to both satisfy that primal urge, as well as to find a long term companion.

AWESOME READ CLETUS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE THAT BUILT IN DESIRE TO "NEED" TO BE WITH THAT ONE SPECIAL PERSON. I, TRULY, AM ONE OF THOSE GUYS. I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF PLAYING THE FIELD OR WASTING WHAT VERY LITTLE FREE TIME I HAVE. WE ALL WISH YOUTHE BEST ON THIS NEXT PHASE OF YOUR JOURNEY, MY BROTHER!

I am banned!
    Man, I just read this. Very inspirational! Any lurkers in here read this post again. So many people are diagnosed with depression without actually looking at the numbers! I have ready post after post after post about how people have essentially been "cured" of their depression by getting their hormones in balance!

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    Brother,i commend you for the progress you have made,i understand totally about the depression,ive suffered with it for 17 years and i got on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and to my suprise,it helped a little,but not as much as yours had

Junior Bodybuilder
    Great read. That's awesome.

My wait is nearly over (went with Chip).
    I wonder about this. I don't consider myself depressed at all. But I do consider myself as I don't give a shit. For example other than family, I wouldn't give a shit if I got killed by a bus, train, etc.. But I don't spend anytime pondering it.

Would you say that this described you, or am I a loner in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated1 View Post
    Great read. That's awesome.

My wait is nearly over (went with Chip).
    I wonder about this. I don't consider myself depressed at all. But I do consider myself as I don't give a shit. For example other than family, I wouldn't give a shit if I got killed by a bus, train, etc.. But I don't spend anytime pondering it.

Would you say that this described you, or am I a loner in this one?
    You mean to be apathetic? Yes that's me in a nut shell..I want to care about certain thing, but I don't.
    Last edited by senas23; 12-29-2011 at 10:54 PM.

I am also having low t and high estrogen and require trt.
    But I am not depressed at all.
    I think hormonal imbalance may be contributing factor but at last it solely depends on how strong your mind is.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by senas23 View Post
    You mean to be apathetic? Yes that's me in a nut shell..I want to care about certain thing, but I don't.
    Awesome word. Yes that is exactly me. I have heard that word before, but googled it's meaning. I never realized what that word actually meant.

I hope that your getting some Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to help you with that.

I guess most people in here completely understand the exact meaning. I love coming into here, because everybody completely understands me. Nobody else actually understands. So it hep makes me feel normal.

I wonder how many people have been misdiagnosed with depression. I know that I was asked if I wanted a prescription for depression, but refused it due to it's adverse effect to ED.

MAXIMUS HRT+Maxim=oh yea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asd9028 View Post
    I am also having low t and high estrogen and require trt.
    But I am not depressed at all.
    I think hormonal imbalance may be contributing factor but at last it solely depends on how strong your mind is.
    It is the compounds IN your brain that determine how you feel..

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated1 View Post
    Awesome word. Yes that is exactly me. I have heard that word before, but googled it's meaning. I never realized what that word actually meant.

I hope that your getting some Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to help you with that.

I guess most people in here completely understand the exact meaning. I love coming into here, because everybody completely understands me. Nobody else actually understands. So it hep makes me feel normal.

I wonder how many people have been misdiagnosed with depression. I know that I was asked if I wanted a prescription for depression, but refused it due to it's adverse effect to ED.
    Yea I signed up with maximushrt.. just impatiently waiting 7-10 days(California from Detroit) ,yea lol. I think I'm more excited for this.. then I was for Christmas.

Yea man you're definitely aren't alone, while i dont lnow you.. I know the feeling. There's a lot of lurkers on this forum I'm sure half or more are experiencing some if not all of the negatives that come with low testosterone. My advice to those lurkers is if you know you have low t, don't wait like I did. Take action in your lives.
    Last edited by senas23; 12-30-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
    It is the compounds IN your brain that determine how you feel..
    I defiantly agree with this. If I had reps, I'd rep you lol..

I cannot say that low T was the sole cause of my depression, but getting my levels up definitely helped the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    Brother,i commend you for the progress you have made,i understand totally about the depression,ive suffered with it for 17 years and i got on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and to my suprise,it helped a little,but not as much as yours had
    Bullseye, I just hope that someday soon, you'll be able to fit Treatment from MAXIMUS Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) into your finances so you can experience ALL THE UPSIDE OF Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), DONE RIGHT! You da Man!!

Thread Information