Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice
    Body shape like a womans or in my head? (PICS) HIGH E2/KLINEFELTERS?
    Keep in mind i have had surgery for grade 3 gynecomastia and thats why i have scares on my chest
    i'm worried i might have Klinefelters Syndrome.. or maybe its just because of high estrogen through puberty? im 19 by the way.

My endo says my E2 is fine (i know it isnt) and i dont have a womanly body shape.

SYMPTOMS:
    A delay in the age of first walking
    Dyspraxia (which causes co-ordination problems)
    Speech difficulties
    Attention problems
    Poor libido (Low sexual desire)
    Fatigue (medical) always tired
    Muscle loss/atrophy
    Erectile Dysfunction - Weak Erections and No Morning Erections
    easy weight gain
    Poor sleep
    Difficulty concentrating
    Memory Loss-difficulty in choosing words in language
    Shyness
    Depression
    Anxiety
    Psychological and relationship problems
    Ive had Grade 3 bilateral Gynecomastia (Had Surgery at age 17)
    Irritability
    Frequent urination (polyuria) without infection; waking at night to urinate
    Achy muscles
    Night sweats

Serum Testosterone Level: 16.4 or 482 nmol/L (8.0 - 30.0)

E2: 149 (<150)

SSHBG: 13 nmol/L (13.0-71.0)

TSH: 2.5 miu/L (0.2 - 6.0)

Free T4 14.4 pmol/L (10.0-25.0)

I have no problems with body hair (i shaved stomach and chest before the pic)
    and i shave my face every 3-4 days at most.

Is my T too high for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? i feel like an 80 yr old women

--------------------

UPDATE 17 FEB 2012

UPDATE... i have learned a lot since i last posted here and its just a matter of time before i start HC for adrenal fatigue, i am just waiting for some other results including Reverse T3, Adolsterone, Vitamin D & B12, iron etc...(im covering everything)

Here are some free cortisol results i recieved.

------

06:00 - 08:00 AM 13 (13-24)
    11:00 - 1:00 PM 6 (5-10)
    04:00 - 05:00 PM 4 (3-8)
    10:00 - Midnight 4 (1-4)

DHEA
    Dehydroepiandrosterone Free [DHEA + DHEA-S]
    Pooled Value: 19
    Adults (M/F): 3-10 ng/ml

So my cortisol is low morning and noon, okay in the evening and high at midnight. This is typical of progressing adrenal fatigue. The adrenals cannot produce enough cortisol in the morning and try to make it up as the day goes on, often causing sleep issues.

Increasing cortisol downregulates our T metabolism, which reverses any previous E2 excesses which our body implemented due to too low cortisol.

I just hope my Testosterone level hits the level it will of been at (or should of been at) before adrenal fatigue after ive fixed my Adrenals and possibly thyroid.
    Last edited by CoolCat20; 03-11-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Your Test is on the lower side and your E is high, I would look at adding in an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (aromasin) or look into some of the pro hormones they may work well to bring the E down. As for your body shape, I would suggest you get a solid Diet down look at 3J in the diet forum he comes well respected here. In addition with your Diet in check put a regular exercise routine together.
    It sounds like your not happy with the overall shape so with a little Diet and a solid exercise plan, you can change it. just my thoughts. You will be pleasantly surprised how fast your body will change with a solid plan. You will probably also find that with a good diet and exercise routine that you actually feel better and your symptoms subside.
    Last edited by tnemo; 11-23-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Novice
    Ive been trying different diets since i started to put the weight on at age 10, im fatigued every living minute of my life i simply cannot get out of bed most of the time never mind exercise on the rare days i have pushed through and hit the gym i have come home, slept and not left my bedroom for 3 days because of how extremely fatigued and achy i am.

first off inactive creates more fatigue, sorry your gonna have to push through it, even if it means going to the gym for 30 min and walking on a treadmill, you need to increase your lean muscle mass which will boost your metabolism and overall general feeling. The Aromatase inhibitor (AI) will bring the estrogen down and your probably feel a little better but it really wont do you any good unless your building muscle. and to build muscle you need a solid foundation for a diet. how many times are you eating every day? it should be a least 6 times a day in smaller meals, also water is an important part at least 1gallon a day or 4 liters. Not sure on your location but if your in the USA and had a physical and the bloodwork send it to MAximus (CHIP) he can probably get you started on a path to feel better
    Last edited by tnemo; 11-23-2011 at 08:50 AM.

have you tried changing your diet and working out? the high e2 is prob form the high BF%. your total T will go up by bringing that e2 down.

if you think you have klinefelter's syndrome then you prob should get tested to see if you have an extra chromosome.
    Last edited by Misc; 11-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Misc View Post
    have you tried changing your diet and working out? the high e2 is prob form the high BF%. your total T will go up by bringing that e2 down.

if you think you have klinefelter's syndrome then you prob should get tested to see if you have an extra chromosome.
    Yes i have tried so hard.

Im going to push for the test for KS aswell as an Insulin Tolerance test and a full thyroid check before i act upon using an AI.

oh and are you aware brah?

Amateur Bodybuilder MoparMuscle's Avatar
    Body looks fine IMO just needs some hard work. Test levels look ok and probably would come up with diet, weight loose and e2 reducation. I'd run an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like Stan.

I may be a little broader, but not by much.

We have a similar build. I got my physical (nice rectal too) and all my shit ready, I am sending to chip today.

Good luck man.

Novice
    Whats your workouts like?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat20 View Post

Im going to push for the test for KS aswell as an Insulin Tolerance test and a full thyroid check before i act upon using an AI.

oh and are you aware brah?
    i'm so aware that i'm aware that you are aware that i'm aware.

Im going to push for the test for KS aswell as an Insulin Tolerance test and a full thyroid check before
    Getting the tests is a great idea, if they are negative it will ease your mind and you can focuse on diet/workout. If they are positive with will do the same and you can seek medical help and diet/workout

Good luck.

I am banned!
    How tall are you and do you have a sense of smell?

3J
    Ive been trying different diets since i started to put the weight on at age 10, im fatigued every living minute of my life i simply cannot get out of bed most of the time never mind exercise on the rare days i have pushed through and hit the gym i have come home, slept and not left my bedroom for 3 days because of how extremely fatigued and achy i am.
    your estro is high.. taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) will fix that...

and you should consider hiring a nutritionist.. i would do your diet, workout, and cardio routine for you...
    80% Diet 15% Training 5% gear

OWNER OF 3J'S NUTRITION NETWORK

IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLIENT FOR DIET ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT 3JDIET@GMAIL.COM

Cool....truthfully you are like 50% of the population. Your body fat is in the obese range. The great news is your here looking for solutions. But understand right now it is really going to come down to self-discipline and making better choices.

I know you dont want to hear that as our society continually pushes easy solutions that almost never work. Pills and powders are not the way.

You really did not state exactly what your workout history has been or your diet over a sustained period of time. You said you had been on diets since 10, but its unlikely you have eaten clean and healthy or exercised properly for any sustained period of time.

At your age testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is NOT likely to be a solution. As your test showed your inside the normal range (not even on the low side).

3J and others are right. You need to clean up your diet and add serious cardio. At 35%+ bf you will not reach your goals in days or weeks. It is going to you take months.

The benefit of being 19 years old it will never be easier for you to lose weight than it is right now. However, your going to need a plan and stick to it.

Don't look for an easy way out. It took you 2 decades to get you where are now. Its going to take you 4 to 6 months of serious effort to get into shape.

I will tell you this. If your choose to do it nothing in your life will make you more proud.

I wish you good luck.
    You definitely can do it! However, you have to suck it up, take responsibility for where you are now, and work hard to improve your situation.

Id say at 35% BF it could take several years or a year at least of workouts/diet to get to a healthy low range for his age, it took years to get that high you can expect it to take awhile to come off. A 19ye old should be in the 8-12% range. A nutritionist and trainer would go a long way towards helping.

3J
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparMuscle View Post
    Id say at 35% BF it could take several years or a year at least of workouts/diet to get to a healthy low range for his age, it took years to get that high you can expect it to take awhile to come off. A 19ye old should be in the 8-12% range. A nutritionist and trainer would go a long way towards helping.
    about 6-8 months will get him to a healthy weight under my supervision
    80% Diet 15% Training 5% gear

OWNER OF 3J'S NUTRITION NETWORK

IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLIENT FOR DIET ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT 3JDIET@GMAIL.COM

Squats and Deads S&M Kristofer68ss's Avatar
    subd for this, somebody get this guy on the right track and lets see some hardwork change him and his physique.

genetics are against you coolcat, but im with the other guys, tough it out.

get in the gym, lift hard and eat right.

a year or less imo.

Novice
    Ok guys, i live in the UK and to answer somebodies question i am 6ft

I will persue getting an Insulin Resistance test as the excess urination may be from diabetes insipidus. I will also get a full thyroid test along with a 4 x cortisol saliva test and post the results back here. Is it wise to sort out any potential issues such as the ones that have been mentioned before taking an AI?

3J - i will keep that offer in mind when things are further down the line.

Yes I totally agree it's wise to test first.

Good call bro.

Novice
    The Thyroid results are in...

My free thyroxine sure seems low, thoughts on the labs?

Next time, wear some shorts or briefs dude. What has been seen.....

But seriously get ur diet and rest in check.

anyone know what the thyroid panels mean?

good, bad, ugly?

Ok guys, i live in the UK and to answer somebodies question i am 6ft

I will persue getting an Insulin Resistance test as the excess urination may be from diabetes insipidus. I will also get a full thyroid test along with a 4 x cortisol saliva test and post the results back here. Is it wise to sort out any potential issues such as the ones that have been mentioned before taking an AI?

3J - i will keep that offer in mind when things are further down the line.
    Hi CoolCat

As of right now the best thing you can do to remedy your situation is to get with a nutritionist. You need serious changes to your diet. You are not ready for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or any AAS at this time. That can change within 6-8 months if you play your cards right.

Fix the diet and remedy bad habits first. Once you get to feeling better from improved nutrition you can start to work out the right way.

I want to see you succeed is the only reason for me stepping in here

you need to see a doctor. nobody is going to diagnose you here bro. we can only give advice.

Depends on the doctor actually.

He needs a good endo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information