Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Cool Are my test results normal??
    Hello all. I recently got some blood work done and my total testosterone level was 650. I'm 37 and the internet says normal is 668 and others say normal is 567-597. Does anyone know what is a normal range for my age? Maybe my doc can prescribe some test e for me??

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkita View Post
    Hello all. I recently got some blood work done and my total testosterone level was 650. I'm 37 and the internet says normal is 668 and others say normal is 567-597. Does anyone know what is a normal range for my age? Maybe my doc can prescribe some test e for me??
    ur total test is awesome but thats only 1 portion of hormonal bw. why dont you post it all up?

Junior Bodybuilder
    How do you feel? Why did you get your testosterone checked? Do you have low T symptoms? Also, you should post up your other readings like your thyroid panel and Estradiol level to get some more feedback.. I would venture to say that your T levels are not the issue.. But then again, I could be wrong? Maybe your body likes too be in the 1200-1500 range.. The more I learn about the endocrine system, the more I reealize I need to learn more!

Junior Bodybuilder
    I need to add that I read alot in other forums and maybe this one too that staying at supra physiological ranges for long term can cause adrenal fatigue and other complications. How true that is; I don't know?
    To answer your question, there really is no correct answer to it but, you're right smack in the middle of normal range of what most labs consider normal.

Junior Bodybuilder
    One more piece of info.. The way these labs get their normal ranges is pretty controversial.. I think they get their normal ranges from the average of the test levels for people getting testosterone levels checked and T levels are not routinely checked.. They are only checked if you're displaying symptoms of low T.. therefore, they draw up low ranges?
    I don't know? I'm just feeling so good now that my hormones seem to be dialed in correctly., I can't stop typing! Before I couldn't post anything bc I could hold a thought in my head long enough to type out a full post! Anyways, best of luck to you
    you

test results
    Thanks everyone. I actually went for a liver test and also checked off the box for a testosterone test. So the test only revealed the testosterone total of 650. As for being fatigue, well I sit all day for 12 hour shifts in a control center monitoring cameras so I'm always tired, especially when it's slow.

Based on your total test number, I would look at other factors.

How is your diet? Do you sleep well?

levels
    Both my brothers and myself have been tested ....Most Doctors that will work with you will agree that the normall level is in the 800's. My tes levela had gotten so low I became very depressed and withdrawn.

diet
    My diet is good but I have sleep apnea. Probably from working shift work. I work 4 12hr days, off 4, then 4 12hr nights, then off 4,.....etc. Can't get a regular sleep pattern down, but the days off are nice.

My diet is good but I have sleep apnea.
    Central or obstructive sleep apnea? Are you treating it?

hello all. I recently got some blood work done and my total testosterone level was 650. I'm 37 and the internet says normal is 668 and others say normal is 567-597. Does anyone know what is a normal range for my age? Maybe my doc can prescribe some test e for me??
    do you want to be "normal", or maximize your youthful potential? testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) would be a great way for you to do that. Does anyone see a problem with riding the wave at 800-1000? I dont.

uniquemicals
Thread Information