Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How To Prevent Acne On TRT?
    Alright so does EVERYONE on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) have acne problems like me? Before I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) my skin was clear and healthy looking...

Now I'm breaking out with new pimples forming as fast as the old ones clear up. Put simply, my skin looks like shit. I'm pretty muscular and I used to be proud to take my shirt off but now I'm embarrassed and haven't had a girl over in months because my back and shoulders are covered in acne.

What can I do to get rid of this?? I've started taking a megadose of Vitamin B5 a week ago (10g. a day) which is drying my skin out pretty good so it's not so oily but I'm still getting plenty of acne so far...

I just had bloodwork done and here are my results:

Total Testosterone: 1,203 ng/dL
    Free Testosterone: 334 pg/mL
    Percent Free Testosterone: 2.78%
    Total Estrogen: 232 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone: 58 ng/dl

I know the estrogen is way high and I know the T is a little high. So do you think if I bring my T down to 900 and my estrogen down within range I'll clear up?

You guys that have no problem with acne, what are your T levels? Do you keep them high or do you keep them around 700-800?
    Last edited by babyface58; 10-21-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Junior Bodybuilder CenturionHRT's Avatar
    Bring that estrogen down a bit I bet it will help with the acne. I'd keep your Testosterone where it is. I actually have fewer issues with acne the higher my Testosterone level is.

My test levels are right around where yours is just my estrogen is lower.

In the mean time if your acne is that bad you need to see a dermatologist bro. He can put you on a good antibiotic or maybe some accutane just to get rid of the majority of it.

aromasin helps my acne for sure.....

BTW just out of curiosity how many days before your blood test was your last shot?

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    aromasin helps my acne for sure.....
    I agree aromasin seems to work at decreasing acne much more then Adex for some reason. I need to do some research on why this is..?

Novice
    up arimidex dose?
    Hey,

I recently started a dbol test and deca cycle. have a ton of arimidex planned on running .5 mg ED for whole cycle, which I have been. Can I go up on arimidex bc I got chest,back and face acne now

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some aromasin. I got the test 4 days after my last shot.

Until I can get that aromasin I think I'm going to UP my Arimidex dose to .5mg every day, then get bloodwork done and see where I'm at.

UPDATE: I just went and looked and my source is selling aromasin for $179.66 for 15 .2mg tabs... Is this stuff REALLY that expensive??
    Last edited by babyface58; 12-09-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Ouch, that is pricey.

Personally I use liquid Aromasin, it's much more reasonable than the price you are getting.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Last edited by cjw2021; 12-10-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjw2021 View Post
    The acne is a sign of liver distress and you have to increase circulation to the liver.
    How would I do that?

TRT seems to actually be clearing my acne up.

On the backside of 40...
    I have no acne problems at all.....

On the backside of 40...
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw2021 View Post
    The acne is a sign of liver distress and you have to increase circulation to the liver.
    CJ,

Please elaborate...

Pro Bodybuilder

Acne is caused by the combination of the increased sebum production while on androgens and fluctuation of estrogen levels.

This is why AI's help acne somewhat but not all the way.

always a student
    If you take to much of a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) cant you shut "off" your estrogen which can also as a result cause acne?

I understand it that, if you turn the estrogen down to far or off you can have very similiar sides as having to much.
    Is this correct guys?

yes-although high levels of estrogen suck-fluctuating levels are even worse, as far as sides.
    Need TRT? >>>>>>> Call IMT >>>>>>>>>Real Programs, Real Results

IncreaseMyT.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 866-206-9926

Quote Originally Posted by Natehayes View Post
    Ouch, that is pricey.

Personally I use liquid Aromasin, it's much more reasonable than the price you are getting.
    Hmmmm I wish I knew where to get liquid Aromasin ...

Quote Originally Posted by babyface58 View Post
    Hmmmm I wish I knew where to get liquid Aromasin ...
    Nevermind, found it. :-)

I'm going to try Liquid Aromasin and see how that works...

Here is how it comes: Liquid Stane 30mL 25mg/mL

No idea how to dose this. How much should I take? How do I measure it? I'm assuming I need an oral syringe?

(Also going to order some Accutane. Going to take 10mg EOD and see how that works. If I need to up the dose I will, but I want to try a low dose first.)
    Last edited by babyface58; 12-12-2010 at 12:15 AM.

Stay away from accutane its being recalled for some serious sides some even fatal.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by railrider View Post
    Stay away from accutane its being recalled for some serious sides some even fatal.
    I took accutane in my late teens. That was about 14yrs ago. I must say if you have very, very oily skin it is definitely worth it. Acne is caused by sebum oil and a bacteria called p. acnes. Nothing else causes acne. If you remove one of the two (sebum oil or P.Acnes) then you remove the acne. If your body produces too much oil you can never get rid of p acnes bacteria, it will be too overwhelming. If you are constantly washing oil off your face then accutane might be a good idea. If you are prone to oily skin high test levels will surely cause it. After I took accutane I never had a single pimple again until I started juicin. If I take over 200mg test a week my skin gets oily and I break out. But when I lower the test it goes back to normal.

You will definitely want to try other options before accutane because it is harsh. My lips got so dry and irritated it looked like I was wearing bright red lipstick for two months. In the end it was worth it but I don't want to go through that again. For now, when I get oily skin I choose to kill the acne causing bacteria instead of accutane. You can do this by washing your skin twice a day with benzoyl peroxide. If your skin gets dry and irritated just dillute the solution and apply lotion. Don't stop washing. Atleast not for too long. You have to kill the bacteria before it settles in your pores and grows. For me I get best results by dilluting it a lot. Also, I have a prescription for it. You can buy it over the counter but you will only get a tiny little tube for about $10. With my prescription I get 3 huge bottles for $12. All I had to do was tell my regular doc (not a dermatologist) that I wanted it. Hope I was helpful.

I'll give you all a little hint when it comes to cleansing your skin... Wash your face with whatever soap you normally use to get your skin to the point that you THINK it's clean. THEN scrub it with cotton balls and 91% rubbing alcohol. You'll be amazed at the DIRT you life even after washing with soap. After that, clean it again with "CLEAN & CLEAR" deep cleansing astringent. This will remove yet MORE dirt and grime, and leave you free of oil and blackheads. Give it a shot. Give some feedback.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by railrider View Post
    The compund in Accutane,
    Isotretinoin, is still on the market for prescribed medication, although you're still required to get monthly bloodwork to ensure you're not doing damage to yourself.

Literally the best medication I've ever taken, although it dried out my face like no other. By week 2, I was carrying around a chalpstick and using constantly (like every 5 minutes) to prevent my lips from bleeding.

Retin A topical did little to nothing for me. Tazorac topical was like a miracle cream. For the last 3-4 years though, I've needed no medication to control my acne, Rx or OTC. Simply cleaning my face 2x a day and being more cognizant of what's touching my face (IE: my hands) is enough to keep my face spotless.

I feel like if you have to ask if you "need" Accutane, then you don't need it.

Pro Bodybuilder
    In my 2nd month on HRT, I started to have some issue with cystic acne on the outside of my lats. No where else though.

I hadn't had a zit since I was prescribe Accutane 20 years ago. I went from full on pizza face and nasty back to beautiful skin in a short few months back when I was 20.

I have a regular dermatologist who handles my botox and juvaderm (yeah, I am a vain MF). She knows my urologist and confirmed with him about what I am using (200 mg cyp a week, HCG 2X week, Adex .5 2X week). After that she drew blood and checked my T, DHT, and Estrogen. Test was in a nice high range of normal, Estrogen was on the very low end of the range of normal and my DHT was on the high end of the range for normal.

She switched me from Propecia (which I've used daily for the past 16 years) to Avodart .5 mg M/W/F. It took about 6 weeks but my acne cleared up and I haven't had a zit in about 3 months. My DHT is now on the lower end of the normal range where it belongs.

I think one of the OP stated that androgen induced acne is the result of elevated oil production. That is true. The oil glands have androgen specific receptors for DHT and if DHT elevates, the oil production will get cranked up and you'll have issues with bacteria in the oil creating cystic acne.

Avodart is a 5-AR inhibitor like Propecia but it inhibits both type 1 and type 2 isomers of DHT so it not only helps stave off hair loss and prostate issues but also limits stimulation of the oil glands in the skin.

Regards.
    Last edited by cashout; 12-26-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Good info Cashout. I didn't realize it was dht that could overproductive oil glands. It makes sense though. Obviously some it affects some people more than others . Just like elevated dht doesn't affect everyones hairline. The only problem I have with dht blockers is possibility of gyno. A couple years ago I thought my hairline was receeding so I got the doc to prescribe me finasteride. A couple weeks later my nips got super sensitive and hurt just from my shirt touching them. That's the only time I ever got gyno. Needless to say I'm hesitant about taking that stuff again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information