Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

Discussion on Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Thread:

Libido on TRT

Novice
    Default Libido on TRT
    I'm not on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) yet but my concern is even if I do go on it will it make me feel "good"?

The reason why I am concerned is bc let's say I'm doing test e 500 mgs a week and on my blood results everything is normal except for obviously test which is sky high. So assuming on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) my test levels would be normalized why would I have a libido if I don't have it when my test levels are at 31 ng/ml (range 3-8).

When I say everything is normal I mean my estradiol was mid range at 26 and prolactin was ultra low.

So I have a few theories.

A. My estrogen for me is too high even though the range said it's in the middle
    B. My lifestyle is hurting. I've been sleeping 5 hrs a night and ear around 1500 cals a day and train hard. My rebuttal to this would be my high test levels compensating for this.
    C. Low free test- doesn't make sense either I'm retaining a lot of water and get great pumps! I don't want to take proviron bc of hair loss which I'm prone too.

Anyone on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) experience this before? If so what was the solution or am I just screwed for life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VigoBien View Post
    B. My lifestyle is hurting. I've been sleeping 5 hrs a night and ear around 1500 cals a day and train hard. My rebuttal to this would be my high test levels compensating for this.
    I'm no genius but I would say fix this as a first step. No matter how high your test levels are you must feel like shit with this type of diet, sleep schedule, and training.

Novice
    That's fair the only argument I have is that Ive read numerous accounts where people have gone on drastic diets and have claimed there libido has held up. Now who knows they could have been sleeping 8-10 hours and not overtraining. You can also play the everybody is different card. But I remain a skeptic.

All I want to figure out is, is my problem hormone related or lifestyle/mental. So far it's leaning toward the latter.

Get your E2 levels dialed in and you should be good to go.

Novice
    If you don't have low test issues, then going on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) won't make you feel better. If you are suffering from low test symptoms, then testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) should help that.

I think there is an optimal range for test for best libido per individual. Any higher or lower and it won't be dialed in. Just because 500mg a week makes someone horny doesn't mean a gram will increase libido. libido doesn't need a lot of test to increase. Some people with low test still have a good libido even with test levels in the 300s.

I just read a study that basically says that the main indicating factor for low test is lack of night wood and the other symptoms can occur with normal or low test. I don't know if I buy that quite yet since I have had some high estro combined with low test. I'm pretty sure it can affect mood.

I'm not on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) yet but my concern is even if I do go on it will it make me feel "good"?

The reason why I am concerned is bc let's say I'm doing test e 500 mgs a week and on my blood results everything is normal except for obviously test which is sky high. So assuming on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) my test levels would be normalized why would I have a libido if I don't have it when my test levels are at 31 ng/ml (range 3-8).

When I say everything is normal I mean my estradiol was mid range at 26 and prolactin was ultra low.

So I have a few theories.

A. My estrogen for me is too high even though the range said it's in the middle
    C. Low free test- doesn't make sense either I'm retaining a lot of water and get great pumps! I don't want to take proviron bc of hair loss which I'm prone too.

Anyone on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) experience this before? If so what was the solution or am I just screwed for life.

Thanks

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by RA64 View Post
    Get your E2 levels dialed in and you should be good to go.
    At this point I'm hoping crushing my E2 levels will do the trick although I have heard too low is no go. But I just can't figure out what it could be.

Novice
    At this point I'm hoping crushing my E2 levels will do the trick although I have heard too low is no go. But I just can't figure out what it could be.
    Your e2 of 26 is decent. If i don't take an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) mine is in the 80 to 130 range. If I had to take a guess, it would be your lack of sleep and low cals. I've read to low of fat in the diet can affect libido as well.
    Last edited by metalstorm; 07-30-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Novice
    Yea but the only reason low fat causes a decrease in drive is because it lowers test

Novice
    Yea but the only reason low fat causes a decrease in drive is because it lowers test
    true but I think perhaps it isn't quite so clear cut. theories change all the time. low fat also causes dry skin and other issues so i wouldn't say that all it does is lower test. I doubt it's your e2 at 26 is what I'm saying. 25 is what people target for.

Quote Originally Posted by metalstorm View Post
    true but I think perhaps it isn't quite so clear cut. theories change all the time. low fat also causes dry skin and other issues so i wouldn't say that all it does is lower test. I doubt it's your e2 at 26 is what I'm saying. 25 is what people target for.
    ^Agree
    My sweet spot for E2 is 23-25.

Novice
    I'm feeling a bit better after a night of 8 hours of sleep. I ate a bit more than usual.

But its still no where near where I want it. I'm contemplating coming off and just going on PCT.
    Last edited by VigoBien; 07-31-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Rookie
    Im on TESTOPEL... DUDE ITS AWESOME!! once every 6 months they put 9 pellets and i'm done... I'm always constanly super horny....and erections all the time.

Rookie
    Default Libido. Natural Energy Supplement
    That's not good, taking such pill which has bad side effects to our health. When choosing a pills to cure or whatever purposes , use natural and herbal pills, This is not just effective but also very safe. I experienced from having a low libido just last month and I took wyld natural as my medication, and now I had the condition of doing sex again which I really missed of.

Visit them at their site:

wyld.com.au
    Last edited by eliezerluardo; 09-15-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I am surprised your body is even functioning with 1500 calories a day.

@ the spammer "and now I had the condition of doing sex again which I really missed of."

I wish I could have "the condition" of sex more often.

I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for over 8 years now and have no probs with libido, and all levels remain good.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by wakejunkie View Post
    I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for over 8 years now and have no probs with libido, and all levels remain good.
    Wakejunkie,

What is your dose of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I have low SHBG so I saw hair loss immediately (bad thinning and recession) within the first shot. I stopped mainly for this reason. Is your IGF-1 level fine and thyroid fine? You have no hair loss? Thanks.

Rookie

Thanks
    proviron will cause haif loss? depends on the dosage or what?

any limitation period of time to take proviron?

Quote Originally Posted by cjw2021 View Post
    Wakejunkie,

What is your dose of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I have low SHBG so I saw hair loss immediately (bad thinning and recession) within the first shot. I stopped mainly for this reason. Is your IGF-1 level fine and thyroid fine? You have no hair loss? Thanks.
    My dose is 300mg/1.5ml every 2 weeks of Test Cyp. Have no probs. with hair loss.

Thread Information