Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss information on over the counter supplements)
Sponsored by:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Thread:

Gw-501516

Exclamation Gw-501516
    Not sure if you guys are familiar with this compound but it is VERY exciting....most research is being conducted with Obesiety....give it a google and check the wikipedia stuff out....VERY EXCITING...Best news...

Word on the street is that Uniquemicals is picking it up VERY soon......

I hope they are this stuff sounds great.so far I am very interested in this.this is what I found according to wiky

GW-501516 (also known as GW-501,516,GW1516 or GSK-516) is a PPAR***948; modulator compound being investigated for drug use by GlaxoSmithKline.[1][2] It activates the same pathways activated through exercise, including PPAR***948; and AMP-activated protein kinase. It is being investigated as a potential treatment for obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease. [3] [4] GW-501516 has a synergistic effect when combined with AICAR: the combination has been shown to significantly increase exercise endurance in animal studies more than either compound alone. [5][6]

GW-50156 regulates fat burning through a number of widespread mechanisms [7]; it increases glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue and increases muscle gene expression, especially genes involved in preferential lipid utilization.,[8][9] [10] This shift changes the body's metabolism to favor burning fat for energy instead of carbohydrates or muscle protein, potentially allowing clinical application for obese patients to lose fat effectively without experiencing muscle catabolism or the effects and satiety issues associated with low blood sugar. [11] GW-501516 also increases muscle mass, which improved glucose tolerance and reduced fat mass accumulation even in mice fed a very high fat diet, suggesting that GW-501516 may have a protective effect against obesity [12]

It has been demonstrated at oral doses of 5 mg a day to reverse ********* abnormalities in obese men with pre-diabetic ********* syndrome, most likely by stimulating fatty acid oxidation.[13] Treatments with GW-501516 have been shown to increase HDL cholesterol by up to 79% in rhesus monkeys and the compound is now undergoing Phase II trials to improve HDL cholesterol in humans. [14]

Concerns were raised prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics that GW-501516 could be used by athletes as a performance enhancing drug which was not currently controlled by regulations or detected by standard tests. One of the main researchers from the study on enhanced endurance consequently developed a urine test to detect the drug, and made it available to the International Olympic Committee.[15] The World Anti-Doping Agency has also begun work on a test GW-501516 and other related PPAR***948; modulators.,[16] and they have been added to the prohibited list from 2009 onwards.[17] The compound has yet to be named a controlled or prohibited substance by any nation's drug enforcement or regulation agency. To date, no athlete is known to have tested positive for the substance, though the increase in endurance, muscle fiber performance, fat loss and metabolism suggests GW-501516 has the potential for ergogenic use and abuse.

^Nice post

This looks intiresting

^ Yes...very....Cant wait to see some logs on this stuff....could be game changing

I'm really interested in it....I want to research on leanbulk and see what the results would be

Exercise in a bottle? Yes please! I like that it increased the effects when used with exercise, BETTER GAINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Exercise in a bottle? Yes please! I like that it increased the effects when used with exercise, BETTER GAINS!
    For realz! It seems like an amazing product and guess what! It's available right now!!!!! I just checked their website.

Outstanding...I might log it on my lab rat if I can get a chance
    Last edited by BigKevKris; 11-03-2011 at 08:38 AM.

I'm tempted to order some of this stuff up, but I haven't seen where anyone else has done it.

Would anyone even have any idea on how to dose this on a research subject?

Quote Originally Posted by DuRsT View Post
    I'm tempted to order some of this stuff up, but I haven't seen where anyone else has done it.

Would anyone even have any idea on how to dose this on a research subject?
    sounds like its researching time

just a Lil guy!!!
    Interesting. Wonder if it has effects like Clen?

I've read that 5mg per day would be the appropriate research dosage

SO whos got the balls to run this first.....I already snagged a bottle....getting ready to cut....VERY tempting

Whoa, a new one snuck out under my nose? Damn I need to get my peptides refreshed. Books time!
    "Yeshua"

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKevKris View Post
    SO whos got the balls to run this first.....I already snagged a bottle....getting ready to cut....VERY tempting
    need2 reps unique right???

send me a bottle and ill log it

iv run their s4, currently actually, decent stuff, at 75mg for 6wks, finishing up 2 bottle....id run the gw if they sent me one....planning to get back into cutting mode anyway, 2wks ephedrine/redline, 2wks helios orals, back n forth.....if i got the gw id either stack or run it solo to see what it does

make it happen

Intersection of nutrition, training, rest, genetics, and gear.
    Really interesting stuff. GW-501516 modulates PPAR-delta (or beta if you're in Europe). PPAR-delta (Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor delta) is a transcription factor (protein that binds a region of DNA to affect production of a specific gene product) modulates the production of peroxisomes via activation by free fatty acids or eicosanoids (a product of fatty acid metabolism). Peroxisomes are the cellular organelle where beta-oxidation (the step-wise catabolism of long chain fatty acids) takes place. So basically it is a positive feedback mechanism where fatty acids or a product of their ********* conversion (eicosanoids) bind PPARdelta (which GW-501516 is an agonist of), PPARdelta then induces transcription of peroxisomal synthesis genes increasing the number of peroxisomes, which then leads to greater fatty acid utilization for cellular energy.

Can't wait to hear people's results from this. Agonists of the PPAR family (alpha, delta/beta, and gamma) are really interesting and there are some cool studies on them.

Cheers!

I just posted a massive amount of info on GW in this thread link below if this stuff pans out it could truely but a very amazing product maybe even ground breaking on its array of uses.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/pr...ml#post2908224

Intersection of nutrition, training, rest, genetics, and gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    I just posted a massive amount of info on GW in this thread link below if this stuff pans out it could truely but a very amazing product maybe even ground breaking on its array of uses.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/pr...ml#post2908224
    Thanks for the info man - good stuff. The science behind it is solid - can't wait to see how it pans out.

just a Lil guy!!!
    Where can u get it? And is there any logs up let?

Quote Originally Posted by bigherm2121 View Post
    Where can u get it? And is there any logs up let?
    from UNIQUEMICALS .there aren't any logs up here yet I'm working on that though

just a Lil guy!!!
    Once I start seeing some logs I might try it out

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevKris View Post
    I've read that 5mg per day would be the appropriate research dosage
    I would likely start the first week out at 2.5 and work up to 5, just my opinion though.

Anything I take I don't start out with a high dose, I typically work it up as I go along.

Quote Originally Posted by DuRsT View Post
    I would likely start the first week out at 2.5 and work up to 5, just my opinion though.

Anything I take I don't start out with a high dose, I typically work it up as I go along.
    That probably would be a good idea but I really wanna see a log on this thing

Fuck It....I'm gonna run it on my lab rat...log will be up shortly
    Last edited by BigKevKris; 11-03-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Decreased_Entropy likes this.

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Thread Information