Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

 

(Your official forum to log your very own journal. Whether it be a dieting journal, a training journal, an anabolic journal or some type of combination, feel free to post and log it here.)

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 921
  1. #1
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Luquillo workout journal
    I'm starting my workout journal. I'm doing a 3 day split. I started lifting 9 months ago.
    Gained 31 lbs so far.

    Stats:
    Age: 27
    Height: Between 5'7 and 5'8
    Weight: 165 lbs
    %bf: About 15% (?)

    Last workout was legs:

    Squat
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10

    BB Lunges
    126 x 12 (each leg)
    126 x 11 (each leg)

    Calves
    143 x 26
    143 x 27
    143 x 28

  2. #2
    PR Hungry Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    I'm starting my workout journal. I'm doing a 3 day split. I started lifting 9 months ago.
    Gained 31 lbs so far.

    Stats:
    Age: 27
    Height: Between 5'7 and 5'8
    Weight: 165 lbs
    %bf: About 15% (?)

    Last workout was legs:

    Squat
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10

    BB Lunges
    126 x 12 (each leg)
    126 x 11 (each leg)

    Calves
    143 x 26
    143 x 27
    143 x 28
    Your calve reps are exotic... 26,27,28. Where'd you get those numbers from lol.
    Why don't you go up on squat weight?

  3. #3
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterlong
    Your calve reps are exotic... 26,27,28. Where'd you get those numbers from lol.
    Why don't you go up on squat weight?
    I go to failure on last set (calves)

    Do you say why I don't go from low weight to hight weight on squat?
    I don't know, just having results like this... I barely can finish my las 2 reps of my last set.

    I keep adding weight every 2 weeks (about 5 pounds). When I add weight, my las 2 sets are usually 9 reps. If next week I can get 10, then the next I add weight again.

    Remember I'm still kind of newbie. I'll be glad to hear advices.

  4. #4
    PR Hungry Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    15
    Yeah, whenever I do squats / any other compound workout, I usually don't stick with the same number of reps. I usually do 10/8/6/4/2. The 10reps should be a very light warmup and then the last two sets (4reps and 2reps) should be to failure. It works wonders for me.

  5. #5
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    12 dic 05

    Today it was Back / Bis

    Chest support row:
    88 x 11
    99 x 8
    110 x 6

    Pulldowns:
    160 x 10
    170 x 8
    170 x 7

    DB row:
    55 x 16
    55 x 15

    Deadlift:
    242 x 6
    264 x 6
    286 x 4
    308 x 3

    Reverse hypers: (just to finish my low back/hams)
    bodyweight+15 x 12
    bodyweight+15 x 12

    Today no curls, just the back work. Enough.

  6. #6
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    14 dic 05

    Chest/tris/delts

    45 incline bench:
    115 x 10
    115 x 10
    121 x 9
    126 x 8

    Flat bench:
    126 x 10
    132 x 7
    143 x 5

    DB flys:
    28 x 15
    28 x 15

    Weighted dips:
    BWT+11 x 11
    BWT+11 x 10

    Lateral raises:
    17lbs x 16
    17lbs x 16

  7. #7
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    15 dic 05

    Legs day

    Squats:
    165 x 11
    170 x 10
    176 x 8
    181 x 7
    187 x 5
    192 x 4

    Calves:
    154 x 31
    154 x 28
    154 x 27
    154 x 23

    Today it was a good day.

  8. #8
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    enroute VA
    Posts
    10,248
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    15 dic 05

    Legs day

    Squats:
    165 x 11
    170 x 10
    176 x 8
    181 x 7
    187 x 5
    192 x 4

    Calves:
    154 x 31
    154 x 28
    154 x 27
    154 x 23

    Today it was a good day.

    short and sweet..nice work man

  9. #9
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    thanks man

  10. #10
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    19 dic 05

    My bodyweight today is 168 lbs.

    Back/bis day

    Chest supported row:
    88 x 11
    110 x 7
    121 x 5

    Pull downs:
    160 x 10
    160 x 9
    170 x 8

    Deadlift:
    242 x 6
    264 x 6
    308 x 1
    330 x 1 ** PR ** (and almost lost my grip)

    Reverse Hypers:
    BW+22 x 15
    BW+33 x 10

    DB curls:
    25 x 14 reps
    25 x 10

    Hammer curl:
    25 x 10

    I need to work hard on my grip.

  11. #11
    Senior Member tman55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,446
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    19 dic 05

    My bodyweight today is 168 lbs.

    Back/bis day

    Chest supported row:
    88 x 11
    110 x 7
    121 x 5

    Pull downs:
    160 x 10
    160 x 9
    170 x 8

    Deadlift:
    242 x 6
    264 x 6
    308 x 1
    330 x 1 ** PR ** (and almost lost my grip)

    Reverse Hypers:
    BW+22 x 15
    BW+33 x 10

    DB curls:
    25 x 14 reps
    25 x 10

    Hammer curl:
    25 x 10

    I need to work hard on my grip.

    good job on the pr! that is great work. you will be doing more on deads in no time just stick with it. i have always had the same prob with grip on deads. it will get better in time. i wouldn't hesitate to regrip between reps if need be.

  12. #12
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks tman!

    If I deadlift on mondays, when would it be best to make grip work? (as double overhand grip shrugs, farmers walks,)

  13. #13
    Senior Member tman55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,446
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    Thanks tman!

    If I deadlift on mondays, when would it be best to make grip work? (as double overhand grip shrugs, farmers walks,)

    someone may give a better answer but i would say thursday.

    when i am being agressive with my approach i like to do the core stuff on mon-wed and then throw some other things in during the later part of the week.

  14. #14
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Ok, thanks again tman!

  15. #15
    Olympian Bodybuilder SteelSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    15
    Deadlifts are looking good, and so are the squats. You'll like the heavier weight and so will your legs. Keep it up!!

  16. #16
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks JT190.

    I wonder why my squat is so much weaker than my deadlift... shouldn't they be similar?

  17. #17
    Olympian Bodybuilder SteelSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    Thanks JT190.

    I wonder why my squat is so much weaker than my deadlift... shouldn't they be similar?
    No, your deadlift should be more than your squat. That's perfectly normal.

  18. #18
    Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    10,091
    Rep Power
    15
    if yu pulll more than you squat you prolly pulling all back and lack leg strength.

    most advanced lifters squat more than they pull.

    grip work can be done several times per week. after squats is fine.

  19. #19
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks PB!
    Yes I was thinking that my deadlift was probably too much back pull. I always try to do it as much leg as possible.

  20. #20
    Olympian Bodybuilder SteelSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    15
    Oh my bad, I thought it was the other way around. I just see so many high DL numbers and their squats are normally 100-150 lbs. lower. I thought I was doing something wrong with my squat being more than my DL (until just recently).

  21. #21
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    20 dic 05

    BW= 168 lbs

    Chest/shoulders/tris

    45 incline bench press:
    99 x 11
    110 x 10
    121 x 9
    132 x 6

    Flat bench press:
    126 x 11
    132 x 7
    143 x 5

    Weighted dips:
    Bw+11 x 10
    Bw+14 x 8
    Bw+16 x 8 * PR *

    DB shoulder press:
    33 x 10
    33 x 10
    33 x 10
    33 x 9

    Lateral raises:
    16 x 16 reps
    16 x 12 reps

    My chest is my weakest point. Progress comes much slower than back and legs. I'm having a hard time to have ANY progress.
    I tried benching with elbows "in" for some time before (about 5 months) and couldn't see much progress (no size gain but quiet good strengh progress). I changed to elbows out and now I see some size gain and less strengh progress. I don't know which form is better.

  22. #22
    Senior Member tman55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,446
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    20 dic 05

    BW= 168 lbs

    Chest/shoulders/tris

    45 incline bench press:
    99 x 11
    110 x 10
    121 x 9
    132 x 6

    Flat bench press:
    126 x 11
    132 x 7
    143 x 5

    Weighted dips:
    Bw+11 x 10
    Bw+14 x 8
    Bw+16 x 8 * PR *

    DB shoulder press:
    33 x 10
    33 x 10
    33 x 10
    33 x 9

    Lateral raises:
    16 x 16 reps
    16 x 12 reps

    My chest is my weakest point. Progress comes much slower than back and legs. I'm having a hard time to have ANY progress.
    I tried benching with elbows "in" for some time before (about 5 months) and couldn't see much progress (no size gain but quiet good strengh progress). I changed to elbows out and now I see some size gain and less strengh progress. I don't know which form is better.

    stick with it and it will get stronger. good work. also hit the tri's really hard too.

  23. #23
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks tman. What do you think is best? to bench with elbows in or out?

  24. #24
    Pro Bodybuilder luquillo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    12
    22 dic 05

    Bodyweight: 169 lbs

    Legs/abs/grip

    Squat:
    154 x 10
    165 x 8
    176 x 5
    187 x 4
    198 x 2 ** PR ** (form not so good- going too much foward but deep)

    Calves:
    154 x 31
    154 x 25
    154 x 24
    154 x 24

    Grip:
    Static bar double over hand grip 220 x failure x 4 sets

    Abs: Weighted crunches (33 lbs)

    Today it was a good day. Squat bar was about 5 lbs heavier than usual one but managed to do a PR anyway. Next time I'll go for 1 more rep same weight.

  25. #25
    huh? inked1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,376
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by luquillo78
    Thanks tman. What do you think is best? to bench with elbows in or out?

    elbows out wide will place more emphasis on your pecs ( and more pressure on your shoulders)

    elbows in works your tris more. What are you training for, BB or PL? most PL guys will bench with elbows in and a narrower grip.

    what width are you holding the bar at?

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. Replies: 200
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
  2. By MsAffliction09 in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:02 AM
  3. By Skarhead1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
  4. By DocJ in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Tags for this Thread
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump







solid muscle isolate 5lb





3Js Nutrition Network

mr supps

mr supps





mr supps