Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

Your source for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Ultimate Fighter, Pride FC, EliteXC, IFL and anything Mixed Martial Arts related......Bring It On

Thread:

Ufc 102

Ufc 102
    what are your opinions?

I say Couture over noguira.

i dont know if Jardine can hang with Silva, imo Silva gives Jardine a brutal beating. Jardine is a dangerous dude, i just dont see him winning this one.

Brandon Vera is a badass IMO. I think he'll knock the polish guy out. Vera is out for blood.

Amateur Bodybuilder dirkdiggler9969's Avatar
    I got

Couture over Nog. Noguiera looked like shit against Mir. I see Randy controlling the ties and putting Nog against the fence alot for a boring fight. I'm not excited about thisfight at all.

Silva over Jardine. I think Silva wins by knockout.

Leben over Rosholt. Unfortunately, because I hate Leben. Jake is my boy (3 time D1 National champ and 4 time All American) but I think Leben will have a huge advantage in the standup and his jitz is descent. I'll be pulling for Jake but I don't seee it happening.

Marquardt over Maia. This fight should be the damn main event IMO. I think Maia's stand-up is several tiers below Nate's and he'll get destroyed if he can't get it to the ground. If he can get it to the ground he has a big advantage. Nate's no slouch but Maia is the fucking man on the ground. Best jitz in the UFC. Yes, better than Penn better than Rousimar. They all are master's but Maia is an ace. Having said all that, I believe he will suffer a devastating KO by the hands of Nate.

Vera over Krzysztof. I used to train with an absolute monster who trained with Vera a lot and he said that he was the laziest dude he has ever met. He said Karo Parisian was a very close second. I loved Vera before he got to the UFC but now that he's there he's hit or miss. I hope we see a fired up Vera who knees Polish man's head out of the ring. I just don't kow on this one. Could be a close one. I think Vera should get him down and submit him. His Jitz is VERY underated and his wrestling is very good.

The other fights I could care less about. This card could go either way. I will be watching it for free somewhere.

Junior Bodybuilder donkypunch1122's Avatar
    couture for aure ll time fav fighter

The other fights I could care less about. This card could go either way. I will be watching it for free somewhere.[/QUOTE]

True dat.

Ya definetly, Couture over Nog... but no way he'll finish Nog..IMO It will be most likely be a lacklust 3 round decision. Makes no difference, the guy is still my hero! ..and much respect for Nog.

Yep, Silva over Jardine... the Dean is one of the toughest SOB's in the UFC but I don't see him prevailing over Thiago's agressive, stalking, straight forward on onslaught. Silva by KO/Tko

No way no how Rosholt is beating Leben! Leben by ko/tko. Not a Leben fan at all but call it like I see it. Bad match up for Jake. Might be his last fight in the UFC.

Taking Maia over Marquardt.. only because I really like the guy and his style! Honestly, I'd give Nate the advantage here because Nate hasn't lost to a Submission in like 7 years!! ..but if Maia can stay active w/his takedowns, clinch, and ground control/transitions, I think he can squeeze out a decision.

Vera over Krzysztof - Tough to really call because it depends of which Vera shows up. He's gotten worse then Heath Herring with this split personality/fighter hot&cold crap! Krzysztof is tough so it will either be very by decision/maybe split or Vera will just happen to catch him in a sub.

Its time for Nog to KO someone or Randy get subbed(Nog can do it if anyone!). Im hoping Nog will win this one. Ever since Nog vs. crocop i have been a massive Nog fan!

I really hope Maia wins this one, i have met him so many times before hes UFC career and even rolled with him before hes second MMA figth ever in Helsinki, the guy is ridicilous on the ground, has no attitude and is 100% class! WAR MAIA

Quote Originally Posted by mikea View Post
    Its time for Nog to KO someone or Randy get subbed(Nog can do it if anyone!). Im hoping Nog will win this one. Ever since Nog vs. crocop i have been a massive Nog fan!

I really hope Maia wins this one, i have met him so many times before hes UFC career and even rolled with him before hes second MMA figth ever in Helsinki, the guy is ridicilous on the ground, has no attitude and is 100% class! WAR MAIA
    Wow, no shit!!?? Youre a lucky man. I heard he was doing some work/training at Wandy's new gym in Vegas so I was going to time my next trip out to try and coincide with him being there...lol instead of training at Coutures like last time. I heard alot of good things about Wandy's new gym. Yes, the guy is definetly classy, professional, and just one helluva person!

I agree w/ Dirk - Marquardt vs Maia should be exciting. Wish i lived in Oregon - LOL

Junior Bodybuilder
    gotta say i was wrong on all my predictions for tonight. wow.

ya man, a few dissapointments.

Rosholt over Leben, I did not see that coming. Leben fucked up and Rosholt just happened to capitalize on it.

Silva vs Jardine, good call dirk.

Marqaurdt over Maia KO was sick man, I didn't think it'd be over that quick.

Vera vs Kryzstof. Dude, I was not impressed. I mean props for the win and all, but I wanted to see a little more from Vera than just "clinches and hugs". That comment Dirk made about him being lazy, it kinda shone through his fight this time. it just didn't look like he was all there or focussed.

Coture vs Nog.
    Fuck....I don't know what to say. Although dissapointed at the outcome, that fight was fucking awesome! Couture is such a tallented guy. I thought he was gonna get subbed like three times. Everyone was on theire feet throughout the whole fight. that shit was INTENSE as hell. I gotta give props to Nog though, I dont want to use the word "dominated", but he def. held the pace and was in controll of every round. Oh well, I love Coture, man, he still looked awesome.

Junior Bodybuilder
    yeah the coture vs nog fight was best of the night. thats prolly the best i've seen nog in a long long time. if hed been like that vs mir, mir would have been demolished imo. i mean randy smashed him hard more than once, and nothing...

Nog's knee is close to 100% now and he looked closer to old Nog than ever.

Damn - i just can't believe what a bull Couture is - He kept up with Nog the whole way - amazing for 46y.o. He's def my hero! hahahahaha

And the Marquardt knockout was amazing but i feel like I missed out on seeing him fight! Oh well - he must be stoked - won the fight and never had a glove land on him - ;-)

I was very pissed that Jardine lost... but whats can I do abou it. Couture is an animal!

boy, I really shit the bed on some of those picks!! Happy for Jake but Leben looked HORRIBLE!! I mean, he doesn't even look like the same fighter... he either needs to drop what ever crap he's doing in hawaii or get back on Winny!!..lol
    Ya, night & day comparing Nog in that fight to his fight w/Mir. He was on!!

Eze
    Senior Veteran
    Nog has a cement chin. Randy hit him with some solid punches that didn't even seem to faze him. Couture on the other hand has taken a good number of shots to the head, I don't think he can take a punch like he used to.

I noticed that Nog looked alot quicker than Randy. Now they are talking about him going back to LHW. I don't know if he will have the speed any more to win at LHW. On the other hand, he is still strong as on ox and always has a good game plan.

It will be interesting to see where these two guys end up. Nog vs \Lesnar could be awesome. Nog has no problem being on his back which is where Lesnar wants his fights to go

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    boy, I really shit the bed on some of those picks!! Happy for Jake but Leben looked HORRIBLE!! I mean, he doesn't even look like the same fighter... he either needs to drop what ever crap he's doing in hawaii or get back on Winny!!..lol
    Ya, night & day comparing Nog in that fight to his fight w/Mir. He was on!!
    A report came out today that the betting lines went nuts right before the fight because some info came in about Leben not training at all for the fight and boozing it up. I hope the UFC drops that clown. I hate that douche.

Thread Information