Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

Your source for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Ultimate Fighter, Pride FC, EliteXC, IFL and anything Mixed Martial Arts related......Bring It On

Eze
    Senior Veteran
    Tim Sylvia Expected To Part Ways With Ufc

Five years, eleven fights, and five titles after joining the Ultimate Fighting Championship, it appears that Tim Sylvia is leaving the Octagon.

Sylvia hinted at the departure on his website’s blog this Wednesday, stating, “I’ve got a couple of big announcements to make about my career.”

He had one fight left on his current contract following a losing title bid against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 81. A source close to the negotiations confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that Sylvia was given his leave last week. The divorce was made final early this week.

Sylvia’s manager, Monte Cox, declined to confirm the exit and would not comment on his fighter’s status.

The Bangor, Maine native made his UFC debut on September 27, 2002, defeating Wesley Correira by TKO at UFC 39: “The Warriors Return.” Since defeating Ricco Rodriguez for the heavyweight title at UFC 41, Sylvia was a constant fixture at the top of the division, fighting for the belt on eight separate occasions.

Sylvia’s tenure with the UFC was not always harmonious. After two lackluster title defenses at UFC 61 and 65, Sylvia strained his relationship with fans and the UFC brass. Long outspoken about the UFC’s business decisions, he attacked former WWE wrestler Brock Lesnar’s pay scale and hinted at his willingness to the leave following UFC 81.

“I want to stay with the UFC but I am going to go were the money is right now,” Sylvia wrote on his website. “Brock is making more money then me [and] that has to change. In case [you] didn't know my manager runs M1 so I have a pretty good in so we will see what happens in the next few months.”

Since Fedor Emelianenko’s exit from M-1, the organization is without marquee talent. Despite Sylvia’s hot/cold relationship with fans, Cox is likely to be first in line for his services.

Excellent news.

Fuck 'em.. If it's all about the money, he can take himself and his 2 or 3 fans and leave.. he's a one dimensional fighter, at best. I do understand some of the frustrations fighters have had w/UFC pay, Brock, and Dana though..

Never really rated him as a fighter. He was just lucky to have a good chin on him

Boat's and ho's!!!!!!!! cwoodcripn62's Avatar
    That is the best news ever!!!! I hate that guy's fighting style he looks just like the big crappy boxers fucking up the heavy's divison to.

I heard he is gonna get paid 800k in his fight against Fedor.

Fedor must be getting twice that.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Fuck 'em.. If it's all about the money, he can take himself and his 2 or 3 fans and leave.. he's a one dimensional fighter, at best. I do understand some of the frustrations fighters have had w/UFC pay, Brock, and Dana though..
    What else would it be about?

I personally hate him and would be happy to never see him fight again but I can still understand why his approach to fighting is all about the money...its his career.

Pres. of Natty Fan Club CaptainAwesome's Avatar
    it should be all about the money. thats better for the fans and better for the fighters.

How is it better for the fans?

Pres. of Natty Fan Club CaptainAwesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfMuscle View Post
    How is it better for the fans?
    because better rewarded performers are supposed to put on better shows.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
    because better rewarded performers are supposed to put on better shows.
    I think that only stands true up to a point. I also think there are many problems your statement doesnt address. For example we used to get at least a few undercard fights after every ufc. Now because Dana wants to pinch pennies they get cut so the ufc can dupe idiots into buying them online.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfMuscle View Post
    I think that only stands true up to a point. I also think there are many problems your statement doesnt address. For example we used to get at least a few undercard fights after every ufc. Now because Dana wants to pinch pennies they get cut so the ufc can dupe idiots into buying them online.
    I noticed that was well.

uniquemicals
Thread Information