Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Sports, sports and nothing but sports. This forum is obviously for the sports lover. Talk Football, Baseball, Hockey, Wrestling, whatever. Hows your favorite team doing? Who's gonna win it this year?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread:

Ufc46

Ufc46
    Wow, the next UFC card will be upon us in no time.
    This time around we'll get to see Randy Couture take on Vitor Belfort. I totally can't wait for that fight.
    The date set is January 31st, 2004.

So far here's what the card looks like:

Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort

Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn

Frank Mir vs Wes Sims

Jorge Rivera vs Lee Murray

Carlos Newton vs Renato Verissimo

Karo Parisvan vs George St.Pierre

Matt Sierra vs Gerald Strebendt

Hermes Franca vs Josh Thomson

Looks like a good one that's for sure.
    There's a lot of great matches on this card but I'm most excited to see Randy take on Vitor. I hope Vitor comes in hungry!
    I also love seeing Carlos Newton fight so that should be a great match up as well.
    I'm also looking forward to the Matt Hughes/BJ Penn fight. I'm a big Matt Hughes fan so I'm going to take him for the win.
    This is an action packed card with Frank Mir taking on Sims as well. Another great match to look forward to.
    So, once again, the countdown to UFC46 is on!

Cheers,
    Fyre

Anyone got any favorites?

I am gonna be there, so it is gonna be that much better for me. I am deffinately going for Vitor, he is the man. Mir, Newton, Rivera, StPierre, Serra, and BJ are my other picks. BJ is need to come with it though if he wants to win this fight. Matt is tough but I would like to see BJ win

Amateur Bodybuilder Muay Thai Guy's Avatar
    LEE MURRAY IS FIGHTING????

Oh dear god he is such a thug
    such a bad representative for the UK

Originally posted by bigdaddy22
    I am gonna be there, so it is gonna be that much better for me. I am deffinately going for Vitor, he is the man. Mir, Newton, Rivera, StPierre, Serra, and BJ are my other picks. BJ is need to come with it though if he wants to win this fight. Matt is tough but I would like to see BJ win
    That is awesome that you are going to be there!

you guys have heard about the whole Tito, Murray fracase right?

Originally posted by Babyfaced Assassin
    you guys have heard about the whole Tito, Murray fracase right?
    Were we talking about that in one of the other threads?

i cant remember lol

i heard some more info on that though... it's what one of the milletech boys who was there said

i cant remember lol

i heard some more info on that though... it's what one of the milletech boys who was there said
    What did u hear?

Well according to one of the Millitech fighters (I can't remember which one, i'm an MMA Noob!)

Basically after the show they were at a bar at the aftershow party... Murray was with his friend and his girlfriend at the time at the bar. Tito walks up to the bar, kinda pissed with another fighter (again i forget the name but i think he was in the millitech camp too) and orders a drink... he's very tipsy and says something stupid to murray
    Murray tells him to F Off
    Tito is pissed now and turns to his friend and says did u hear that?
    and starts puishing around
    Tito accidentally pushes Murray's Girl
    Murray Loses his rag and pounces on tito... this was stopped and the situation calmed fdown.... for a minute cos one of tito's friends attacked murrays' friend and there was a pile up... Murray grabbed tito, took him to the floor and started to work Ground and pound on tito... the militech fighter who said all this to my friend said that he now feared for Tito's life and jumped between Murray and Tito so murray couldn't hit tito... the fight was broken up and tito was KTFO'd

that's what i was told.... that was from a friend of Tito so basically it sounds like Tito got his.... I'm glad i don't drink

Oh yes, I heard about that.

I was at Extreme Force 1 when Murray fought Pele Landis

After he beat pele his fans went crazy, they're all thugs and did a ring invasion.. fights broke out. Me and my friend left but i heard that the wembley conference center won't let them use the venue next year

I was at Extreme Force 1 when Murray fought Pele Landis

After he beat pele his fans went crazy, they're all thugs and did a ring invasion.. fights broke out. Me and my friend left but i heard that the wembley conference center won't let them use the venue next year

and you wonder why the brits have such a bad record with sports hooliganism

they shouldnt sell alcohol at these events

The whole Lee/Tito deal is also in Ricco's new book. It may a build up to a Tito-Lee match. If Lee wins, I would bet the bank that in a post match interview the Tito incident will be brought up.
    The Vitor/Randy match will be awesome. So many questions...will Vitor come in like the Eastman match or the Liddel match? I think this will be a huge factor on who wins. Randy is so consistent. Both are excellent reps for the sport.
    I don't think Penn is strong enough for Hughs.
    On the Mir/Sims matchup, I'll root for Mir. I don't think that either one is a top tier fighters though. I think Sylvia would crush either of them.
    Muddy

Rookie
    [url]http://sfuk.tripod.com/interviews_02/leemurray_holland.html[/url]

In Lee Murray's own words (Tito Confronataion)

thanks for the link

You have to hate it when some dipshits give mma a bad name, one of my bestfriends fights mma he was the KOTC, and GC lightheavy champ. I was at one of his fights 2 years ago and during a fight, this biker guy knees a Russian fighter in the nuts. All the Biker buddies get pissed that the fight was stopped and they start throwing things and rushing the stage, a couple people got stabbed, and police cars were coming from everywhere, rubber bullets, the whole nine yards. Shit like that makes mma look bad, and this is one of the reasons it has such a hard time getting the exposure it needs.

Originally posted by bigdaddy22
    You have to hate it when some dipshits give mma a bad name, one of my bestfriends fights mma he was the KOTC, and GC lightheavy champ. I was at one of his fights 2 years ago and during a fight, this biker guy knees a Russian fighter in the nuts. All the Biker buddies get pissed that the fight was stopped and they start throwing things and rushing the stage, a couple people got stabbed, and police cars were coming from everywhere, rubber bullets, the whole nine yards. Shit like that makes mma look bad, and this is one of the reasons it has such a hard time getting the exposure it needs.
    Oh that's brutal!

Yeah i can't stand when fights happen outside of the ring or cage
    it mars the image of the sport which is already scrutinized in the public eye

at The k1 max this year in the UK a fight broke out right next to me and it was just stupid and unsafe

Yeah i can't stand when fights happen outside of the ring or cage
    it mars the image of the sport which is already scrutinized in the public eye

at The k1 max this year in the UK a fight broke out right next to me and it was just stupid and unsafe
    It really does marr the image of the sport.

Aside from the unfortunate incident with the cut on Randy Coutures eye at the beginning of his and Vitors' fight, I thought UFC 46 was just awesome. It was full of surprises.
    I was a little disappointed that we didnt' get to see the full matches between
    Karo Parisvan vs George St.Pierre

Matt Sierra vs Gerald Strebendt

Hermes Franca vs Josh Thomson

The short clips that we did get to see looked like they were some great fights. Hopefully Big Daddy can fill us in a little more on those fights.

It was a surprise to see BJ Penn beat Matt Hughes. BJ was in control for the whole fight. I wonder if perhaps Matt underestimated BJ at all. That was a great fight. Even though I was hoping for Matt to win, it was very cool to see a new champion. As Matt said afterwards, the pressure is off him for a little bit.

Another upset of the evening was Carlos Newtons loss to new comer
    Renato Verissimo. Wow, it looked like Carlos just didn't have anything in him last night. Renato dominated the fight as well. It was unfortunate to see Carlos just seem to not even be into the fight. He just couldn't seem to do anything. To be honest with you, it looked like he wasn't into being there.

Lee Murray ended up winning his fight agains Jorge Rivera. We also got to see a confrontation between Tito Ortiz that was in the crowd and Lee Murray. hehehe....that was entertaining. Lots of heat between those two as well.

Later on in the evening, we got to see Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz trash talk each other in the ring. This of course gets us excited for their match up at UFC 47. hehehe...any friendship those two once had, is no more.
    The Frank Mir vs Wes Sims fight was just awesome. I was so happy to Frank knock Wes out. hehehe....it was very funny at one point when Frank was trying to submit Wes and Wes gave the crowd a thumbsup that he was okay and then he gave Frank the finger....lol
    I think that was the best fight of the evening with Frank giving Wes two knees to the head, then a right, and finally knocking him out with a nice left. Very cool fight!

I thought all in all, it was a great ppv and I'm looking forward to seeing Chuck and Tito face off at UFC 47.
    Congratulations of course to my Vitor for his win even though he didn't want to win his fight that way.

Anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

cheers,
    Fyre

Last edited by Fyre; 02-01-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks Fyre!!!!

i cought the last fight.
    was dissapointing but im sure there'll be a rematch

well everyone I am back, and let me just say that it was probably one of the best UFC's I have seen in a long time, with the exception of the last fight.
    I walked ina tad late so I only caught the last round of the Serra fight.
    Parisiyan vs St. Pierre was a good fight, i expected a lot more throws from Parisayan but St. Pierre basically controlled the whole fight.
    The fights continued to get better as they went on, Thompson vs Franca was a good fight, the crowd seemed not to agree with the outcome but I did. thomson won the first 2 rounds and Franca won the last, and that is the way the judges saw it too. thomson was impressive, he needs to work on his ground game but he displayed some impressive muay thai skills. He threw a few spinning back fists, flying punches, as well as knees in the clinch, a very exciting fighter. I am looking forward to seeing him fight again.
    The Penn fight was amazing!! I am a Penn fan but honestly did not think he would win this fight, Matt hughes has been so impressive lately.
    Besides that Fyre seemed to sum it all up very well.
    I will have a ton of pics for you guys, I am getting them developed right now and will post them tomorow. See ya all later.

Did you see Penn after he won?
    He went nuts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information