Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss dieting information)

Thread:

shakes????

Novice
    shakes????
    i need some input on making a good shake....i have never made one just drank my stuff straight but i now want to add to it. maybe some fruit and such to make it different. any ideas? do you do it like a smoothie with ice? or just liquid supplement and fruit? any ideas or suggestions would be greatly accepted....thanks!

Do you already have the powder? Are you asking about protein powder? Do you already have it and if so, then what flavor? Do you drink it with water or milk?

I don't usually hear about guys making their shakes with ice. What you add to your shake, if anything, has a lot to do with what you like and what your goals are. Like if you are bulking or cutting.

I know I'm asking more questions than I am answering, but I am trying to better understand your situation so that we can help you.

Personally, I drink whey protein either with milk or with water. That's it. And many guys do the same thing. One notable exception is that it is common to add dextrose to a PWO shake.

Breakfast of champions if u don't have time to cook. I drink this shake at 6 a.m. while on the run. 1 cup milk, carton of egg whites, 1 cup oats, piece of fruit blend that up and there u go

I think of food as fuel and not so much as a treat to sit back and enjoy. So I personally just use water or milk and gulp it down. If I want to get fancy I'll add peanut butter and banana...works for me when I want to change things around.

I'd say to simply experiment and see what you like, then let us know what works for you.

Dlove's shake sounds like a good one...I might try that myself, never used oats in a shake, but it's a good idea to speed up breakfast.

d-love, how thick is that shake lol?

Novice
    i just tried me a bannana and peanut butter with choco. protien and creatine. it was actually good. i usually just shake them with water or milk and chug but i wanted to find some ways to change it up like maybe for a bedtime deal or meal replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by aikido_dragon
    I think of food as fuel and not so much as a treat to sit back and enjoy. So I personally just use water or milk and gulp it down..
    Yeah me too. I just drink it with milk and after workout I add sugar (in fact I drink a weight gainer with sugar after workout).

Oats in a shake tastes like shit, and you better drink it in a shaker so you can keep mixing it, or it settles to the bottom. But just keep thinking about the good it does you and drink it anyway. It's still easier than trying to actually eat oatmeal. Hah.

Thread Information