Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products
 

(Forum for members to discuss dieting information)

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    4
    Help with steady weight gain
    Hi all. I am on a first time cycle of etest 500 mg/week. I am 37 yoa, 5'10, somewhat ectomorph, started at 15% bf at 178 lbs, now up to 16.5% at 192 lbs. 6 weeks down. I'll put up my diet because I am confused at my weight gain. Sometimes I haven't gained a pound for 5 or 6 days then the next morning I weigh 5 or 6 more lbs out of nowhere. I've raised my total calories slowly as needed but think I need to raise them again.

    I started at 3500 kcal on workout days, 2800 on off days and had to cut out cardio to help with weight gain. I had it at 2800 on off days because I wanted to limit fat gain. I eat very cleanly and have studied food science a bit but need to better assess amounts needed to grow, I think.
    I am in a very intensive school all day and work straight from there until 10 at night, so I have to have about 2-3 shakes a day, because I can't carry 6 premade meals as I have no storage at school or work.

    Meal 1 whey, oats, PB, honey, milk shake. 1020 cal. 56 P 170 Carbs 15 Fat.

    Meal 2 post workout Same.

    Meal 3-6 50 grams of protein from lean sources -- meat, cottage cheese, fish, chicken, etc. 60 grams of carbs from things like Oats, Wheat bagels, wheat noodles, wheat spaghetti, wheat bread, sweet potatoes etc. 20 grams of fat at each meal from nuts, PB, olive oil.

    My totals in the last week have been about 4400 kcal on weights days, 3400 on off days, I lift 4x week.

    I went from 187 to 192 in one day last week. This week I went up from 192 to 196 in one day but have come back down to 192. I am also getting mad night sweats and feel hot a lot. Maybe this test is VERY thermogenic in my body and I'm burning up a lot. How else can you explain dropping 4 lbs this week eating 4500 kcal on most days at my bodyweight?

    I can't afford 3J before you guys recommend purchasing his services. But do you think I should add 500 kcal to each day, regardless of weights or not?

  2. #2
    Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    4
    Any tips? Anyone?

  3. #3
    3J
    3J is online now
    3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    midst of heaven and hell
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by panzers View Post
    Hi all. I am on a first time cycle of etest 500 mg/week. I am 37 yoa, 5'10, somewhat ectomorph, started at 15% bf at 178 lbs, now up to 16.5% at 192 lbs. 6 weeks down. I'll put up my diet because I am confused at my weight gain. Sometimes I haven't gained a pound for 5 or 6 days then the next morning I weigh 5 or 6 more lbs out of nowhere. I've raised my total calories slowly as needed but think I need to raise them again.

    I started at 3500 kcal on workout days, 2800 on off days and had to cut out cardio to help with weight gain. I had it at 2800 on off days because I wanted to limit fat gain. I eat very cleanly and have studied food science a bit but need to better assess amounts needed to grow, I think.
    I am in a very intensive school all day and work straight from there until 10 at night, so I have to have about 2-3 shakes a day, because I can't carry 6 premade meals as I have no storage at school or work.

    Meal 1 whey, oats, PB, honey, milk shake. 1020 cal. 56 P 170 Carbs 15 Fat.

    Meal 2 post workout Same.

    Meal 3-6 50 grams of protein from lean sources -- meat, cottage cheese, fish, chicken, etc. 60 grams of carbs from things like Oats, Wheat bagels, wheat noodles, wheat spaghetti, wheat bread, sweet potatoes etc. 20 grams of fat at each meal from nuts, PB, olive oil.

    My totals in the last week have been about 4400 kcal on weights days, 3400 on off days, I lift 4x week.

    I went from 187 to 192 in one day last week. This week I went up from 192 to 196 in one day but have come back down to 192. I am also getting mad night sweats and feel hot a lot. Maybe this test is VERY thermogenic in my body and I'm burning up a lot. How else can you explain dropping 4 lbs this week eating 4500 kcal on most days at my bodyweight?

    I can't afford 3J before you guys recommend purchasing his services. But do you think I should add 500 kcal to each day, regardless of weights or not?
    my man you dont have to become a client to get critiqued from me..

    the first thing i recommend is that you figure out your bmr/tdee through my free diet advice thread.. get back to me with those numbers
    80% Diet 15% Training 5% gear

    OWNER OF 3J'S NUTRITION NETWORK

    IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLIENT FOR DIET ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT 3JDIET@GMAIL.COM

  4. #4
    Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    4
    Hi 3J, thanks for replying. My BMR is 1940, my TDEE is 3007.

    I've lost two pounds this week even though I'm eating more than 4400 kcal a day, and close to 5000 on workout days. I guess I need to eat more than 5000 every day.

    Also I don't know if it matters, but I feel wicked hot all the time now, since the past two weeks. Maybe it's a sign the test has really kicked in and I'm very thermogenic. Up until then I didn't have too much trouble gaining weight in the early cycle. And I raised my calories as progress stalled.

  5. #5
    just a Lil guy!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    0
    Ya you will get hot then the acne will cone next.

  6. #6
    3J
    3J is online now
    3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    midst of heaven and hell
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by panzers View Post
    Hi 3J, thanks for replying. My BMR is 1940, my TDEE is 3007.

    I've lost two pounds this week even though I'm eating more than 4400 kcal a day, and close to 5000 on workout days. I guess I need to eat more than 5000 every day.

    Also I don't know if it matters, but I feel wicked hot all the time now, since the past two weeks. Maybe it's a sign the test has really kicked in and I'm very thermogenic. Up until then I didn't have too much trouble gaining weight in the early cycle. And I raised my calories as progress stalled.
    im suprised you've stalled.. but when you stall there is only one thing you can do.. up calories and double check your training routine..

    so spell out the training routine..

    also.. what type of meat are you having for your last meal of the day regularly??

    add 3 tablespoons natty pb to your diet.. i dont care where you add them, just not meal 1..

    break down exactly how much of what is in meal 1.. how the hell are you getting those macros? im not saying its not possible.. i just want a list with measurements..
    80% Diet 15% Training 5% gear

    OWNER OF 3J'S NUTRITION NETWORK

    IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLIENT FOR DIET ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT 3JDIET@GMAIL.COM

  7. #7
    Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    4
    training is the Scivation Tri-phase. first phase volume, second is power, third is frequency. Works great. weights 4 times a week.
    I am in the power. Upper 2x week, lower 2x. 3 sets of 8 in week 1 of power. 3 sets of 6 in week 2. 3 sets of 4 in week 3. I cut out all cardio. The program is based around compound lifts, no foofoo crap. My bench is going up 10 lbs each week. Bicep strength through the roof in particular.

    the macros are:
    50 g protein each meal, either by whey, or a food scale measured amount of either deli meat, tuna, chicken breast, 93/7 ground beef, cottage cheese, fish.

    I am doing 170 grams of carbs in waking meal (preworkout) and again in meal 2 post workout. The carbs come from oats, milk, honey, or the post is dextrose and milk (added dextrose when I stalled on weight gain, ordinarily off cycle it has been only oats and honey). The other meals for carbs are from complex sources 60-80 grams of carb depending on how close it gets to bedtime.

    Fats is 20 grams of efa at every meal. Usually PB, peanuts, olive oil, almonds, almond butter. I've played around this week with doing what you said, instead of 2 T of pb, I've been doing 3 at some meals. The fats at every meal is a Scivation principle I've followed for some time to keep insulin levels down and promote leanness.

    example meals: -

    7 oz lean ground beef, 60 grams of wheat spaghetti measured by cups, 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.

    7 oz cod, 2 cups of br rice 80 grams of carbs, weighed amount of almonds. with salad.

    8 oz lean deli meat split on two sandwiches of whole weat bread with natty pb, some cottage cheese. 50 protein, 80 carbs, 20 fat.

    or a whey shake when I have no time: 2 scoops protein, 1.5 cups of oats, 1.5 tbsp olive oil or 2 tbsp of pb.

    appreciate the help! I increased calories the past two days and am up two pounds. Just gotta keep this going!

  8. #8
    3J
    3J is online now
    3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    midst of heaven and hell
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by panzers View Post
    training is the Scivation Tri-phase. first phase volume, second is power, third is frequency. Works great. weights 4 times a week.
    I am in the power. Upper 2x week, lower 2x. 3 sets of 8 in week 1 of power. 3 sets of 6 in week 2. 3 sets of 4 in week 3. I cut out all cardio. The program is based around compound lifts, no foofoo crap. My bench is going up 10 lbs each week. Bicep strength through the roof in particular.

    the macros are:
    50 g protein each meal, either by whey, or a food scale measured amount of either deli meat, tuna, chicken breast, 93/7 ground beef, cottage cheese, fish.

    I am doing 170 grams of carbs in waking meal (preworkout) and again in meal 2 post workout. The carbs come from oats, milk, honey, or the post is dextrose and milk (added dextrose when I stalled on weight gain, ordinarily off cycle it has been only oats and honey). The other meals for carbs are from complex sources 60-80 grams of carb depending on how close it gets to bedtime.

    Fats is 20 grams of efa at every meal. Usually PB, peanuts, olive oil, almonds, almond butter. I've played around this week with doing what you said, instead of 2 T of pb, I've been doing 3 at some meals. The fats at every meal is a Scivation principle I've followed for some time to keep insulin levels down and promote leanness.

    example meals: -

    7 oz lean ground beef, 60 grams of wheat spaghetti measured by cups, 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.

    7 oz cod, 2 cups of br rice 80 grams of carbs, weighed amount of almonds. with salad.

    8 oz lean deli meat split on two sandwiches of whole weat bread with natty pb, some cottage cheese. 50 protein, 80 carbs, 20 fat.

    or a whey shake when I have no time: 2 scoops protein, 1.5 cups of oats, 1.5 tbsp olive oil or 2 tbsp of pb.

    appreciate the help! I increased calories the past two days and am up two pounds. Just gotta keep this going!
    so take away dependency as much as you can from shakes..

    also, make sure the last meal of your day is always beef...

    tand just keep adding calories...

    if you still stall come back to me.. there are other steps we can take
    80% Diet 15% Training 5% gear

    OWNER OF 3J'S NUTRITION NETWORK

    IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLIENT FOR DIET ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT 3JDIET@GMAIL.COM

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By dwouk in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 01:51 AM
  2. By Drveejay11 in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM
  3. By thorsky in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 09:47 AM
  4. By Warmachine in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump











mr supps

3Js Nutrition Network

mr supps

mr supps





mr supps