Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss dieting information)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie
    protein shake with water??
    Does anyone know how to make a protein shake taste good when it is mixed with water? I dont drink milk and am not a big fan of the water shake. It just does not taste good. Please some suggestions?????

SlutFucker
    Shakes with water
    I am Lactose intolerant and use Isopure Strawberry flavored protein with a half of banana and about 10 oz of water...it actually doesn't taste too bad. I am going to start adding Flaxseed oil to it probably next week...I can let you know how that goes.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Find a brand you can tolerate in water and go with that. i personally HATE shakes with water only, but then again I dont buy it for the taste.

have you tried using skim milk? water shakes just taste like shit soup left in the sun to me.

Rookie
    Well I am on this diet right now where i cant have any milk for a small period of time. I can not have fruit either and wonder what i can put in it to make it good. I have had some suggestions of using fat free sugar free pudding or jello mix. I am gonna give it a try. Peace

Junior Bodybuilder
    i can handle the ON Whey Choco flavor.....anything else in water is pretty bad

seriously, add fruit, get a vanilla flavor and go get some strawberries or blueberrys, tastes good when all blended in water...

Novice
    wish they lower the damn price on milk

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo80
    Does anyone know how to make a protein shake taste good when it is mixed with water? I dont drink milk and am not a big fan of the water shake. It just does not taste good. Please some suggestions?????
    I've found that the only shake I can stomach with water is EAS's Myoplex. They are overpriced though... ~$50 for a 42 pack

DaLinkWent
    Quote Originally Posted by trendkill
    seriously, add fruit, get a vanilla flavor and go get some strawberries or blueberrys, tastes good when all blended in water...
    Agreed

Rookie
    Well, I have done some experiments and have come up with the following. I am using simply protien, and with water alone it sucks. I have lately been adding either black cherry diet sugar free jello packets or strawberry bannanna. Wow what a damn difference. On the other hand i can mix with the chocolate simply protein, either chocolate, vanilla, or butterscotch pudding,fat free sugar free of coarse. Also with this concoction I will add ice chunks and blend togther to make it thick like a smoothie, although it is not bad without. The water makes it very thin but it tastes fine. Then as a final touch, with the pudding mix only, i will add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Oh yhea does it ever make a difference. Give it a shot!!!!

I always have mine with water. I don't really like milk, plus its loaded with simple sugars. Water is the better choice. Just find a brand that tastes alright in water.

Rookie
    I like to mix in a couple of spoonfulls of peanut butter.

I ate low-carb for 1.5 years. With that, I used lots of whey protein in water.

I now eat a low-fat, high protein diet that includes quite a few carbs. I had to switch because my cholesterol was through the roof. But, I'm glad for the change. I don't eat 'simple sugars' with the exception of the lactose in skim milk. And now, I am really starting to grow. I hypothesize that the carbs increase my insulin which helps me to grow, but whatever the reason, it is happening.

The milk has caused other problems with gas and whatnot, but I'm trying to put up with those problems and hope they get better.

The only whey that I can still stomach is ON chocolate. I'm still pissed at ON for even offering their sorry-ass "vanilla ice cream" whey (that shit is nasty), but I have to admit that their choc is very good, consistant, etc. I just got another 10 lbs of the stuff in fact. I still drink it with water probably 50% of the time.

There is another whey vendor (which I won't name) that has a good reputation (that they do deserve) and great prices, but I don't think they sweeten their whey enough, although they do use the best artificial sweetner available, IMHO.
    Last edited by GymLift; 02-05-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Rookie
    just add water to isopure's chocolate mix, and they taste better than most protein shakes with milk.

the one and only BEACH Deep South Chris's Avatar
    im using N-Large mass gainer now....4 scoops, 12-16 oz of water... 2 words...fucking disgusting...but its calories

anyone know a way to make it not so bad...its the chocolate flavor...i still need to try with milk

Allthewhey chocolate is palatable with water - been doing that for about a year

Not Juice..Protein Shakes MuffDyver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krieg
    wish they lower the damn price on milk
    agreed

i go thru a gallon a day and the milk where i live is $3.89

Quote Originally Posted by mranak

There is another whey vendor (which I won't name) that has a good reputation (that they do deserve) and great prices, but I don't think they sweeten their whey enough, although they do use the best artificial sweetner available, IMHO.
    wait wait wait...why won't you name them

water + whey is Nasty enough...share the secrets!

PMed 'ya.

I just don't want to put a good vendor down in the open forum. Their whey is very good. I'm the only person that I know of to complain that their whey isn't sweet enough.

cool...thanks...that is the first complaint i've heard

oh well...there's always EBAY!!!!

Shit...there goes my secret...godamn bidsnipers

Fellas, any recommendation of protein shakes for beginner

Quote Originally Posted by degoviet
    Fellas, any recommendation of protein shakes for beginner

alltheywhey on ebay or www.allthewhey.com

i got a 25lb box of whey 20g a serving for like 80 bucks shipped. the stuff is delicious and mixes alot better then ON imo. also its a ton cheaper. also it has a eggy aftertaste which i dont mind. next time im gettin the 50lb bag.

I use Nitro tech strawberry and Bannana flavor with 4oz water and 7 ice cubes. I gag 32oz down pretty quickly. Doesn't taste too bad.

Rookie
    add liquid egg whites
    I add 1 cup of liquid egg whites to my shakes and it makes it taste richer than if you add just water. It also adds 25 grams of protein. I buy them at WALMART for 1.74 per pint. costs me about $25.00 a week for eggwhites but imo well worth it. I use Isopure low carb choc. or muscle milk cookies and cream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information