Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss dieting information)

Rookie
    I cannot control my eating of junk food
    Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.

Yes there is! DONT go to the drive throughs. Prepare your meals ahead of time and bring them with you!

I was in the same boat and it was amazing at how my chicken breast saved my arse!!!!

It may not be a great meal but it pays off......just sayin!

gator

Olympian Bodybuilder
    gator is right, meal planning and prep is a huge step. make your lunches on a sunday or your day off for the entire week

don't bring any of your methods of payment with you and prepare your food in advance. if you have no money you can't buy fast food

and if you're into eating when you're not hungry, you should think about bringing a bag of peanuts to work so whenever you have that urge you have something to munch on.

Depending on how overweight you are, simply changing your diet can yield great results. Atkins and low carbohydrate diets are in fact healthy when done properly. I mean, they really aren't that different from what you've been told all your life - stay away from "junk" food and eat lots of veggies!

I'd start slowly and work your way up to a "perfect" diet. IMO, a perfect diet is eating exactly what you should all week with 1 cheat meal saturday or sunday night. Start by eating planned meals all day and every day have one junk meal. After a few weeks, cut the junk meals down to 3 a week, then down to 1. Do that over a period of 12 weeks (4 weeks each).

In reality you wont be able to reach your goals until you can curb your appetite for bad food...this is probably the hardest thing. It means you have to shop and prepare healthy food and resist temptation. When your ready to do that, you'll lose weight. Working out will speed up the process, but like i said, a simple change in diet can get good results in those who are mildly-very overweight.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by outlawtas2 View Post
    Depending on how overweight you are, simply changing your diet can yield great results. Atkins and low carbohydrate diets are in fact healthy when done properly. I mean, they really aren't that different from what you've been told all your life - stay away from "junk" food and eat lots of veggies!

I'd start slowly and work your way up to a "perfect" diet. IMO, a perfect diet is eating exactly what you should all week with 1 cheat meal saturday or sunday night. Start by eating planned meals all day and every day have one junk meal. After a few weeks, cut the junk meals down to 3 a week, then down to 1. Do that over a period of 12 weeks (4 weeks each).

In reality you wont be able to reach your goals until you can curb your appetite for bad food...this is probably the hardest thing. It means you have to shop and prepare healthy food and resist temptation. When your ready to do that, you'll lose weight. Working out will speed up the process, but like i said, a simple change in diet can get good results in those who are mildly-very overweight.

Good luck!
    OUTSTANDING
    advice
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

Rookie
    not sure about atkins, but I will do like eat more veggies, or oatmeals, then take a lot of proteins from milk, soy etc. Of course I will take less carbs but take your time. when you want junk food, may be you can replaced with fruits? or banana? or oatmeals etc? what do you think?

Pres. of Natty Fan Club CaptainAwesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GogoFitness View Post
    when you want junk food, may be you can replaced with fruits? or banana? or oatmeals etc? what do you think?
    you could even replace junk food with less junk food. i used to go to taco bell for lunch a lot. i basically cut 1 taco out of the meal and saw the difference that made in my body. so instead of the big mac, eat a quarter pounder. instead of the biggie fries, eat a smaller fries. there is never an excuse to be fat. it doesnt matter if all you have the time for is "junk food." okay, so eat less junk food tubby.

btw this is not an ideal that im suggesting here, just saying that if you are fat then you are eating too much. labeling certain foods as "junk food" doesnt mean they are evil and you cant put them in your body. ultimately, the magic equation always works (calories in < calories out = you lose weight)

Yeah... normally lazy is associated with fat... so if you listen to the advice and take time to prepare your meals you wont have to get fast food... or if so head to subway and get a chicken breast with brown bread sub... its simple

Rookie
    Hi,
    I fully understand your problem - its quite common that people working long hours in offices pick up habits like eating junk food and set aside no time to exercise. Junk food is a serious health risk. My advice would be the following:
    Stop eating junk food, or at least cut it down to eating junk food a maximum of once per week.
    Start some simple, low key exercise such as walking
    Use a great product I have tried that actually burns body fat. Highly scientific and armed with worldwide patents it should have a noticeable impact in a short period of time. More details here given below in my signature:

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Samar.hill View Post
    Hi,
    I fully understand your problem - its quite common that people working long hours in offices pick up habits like eating junk food and set aside no time to exercise. Junk food is a serious health risk. My advice would be the following:
    Stop eating junk food, or at least cut it down to eating junk food a maximum of once per week.
    Start some simple, low key exercise such as walking
    Use a great product I have tried that actually burns body fat. Highly scientific and armed with worldwide patents it should have a noticeable impact in a short period of time. More details here given below in my signature:
    ahahah you were right.....just an add...

Junior Bodybuilder AARONHARRISON's Avatar
    This is a good thread because I always eat out. I know I shoud quit but I love it too much.

I tried replacing french fries with salads but that sucked so bad I just ordered the fries again.

Pres. of Natty Fan Club CaptainAwesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AARONHARRISON View Post
    This is a good thread because I always eat out. I know I shoud quit but I love it too much.

I tried replacing french fries with salads but that sucked so bad I just ordered the fries again.
    so eat half as much fries.

Junior Bodybuilder AARONHARRISON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
    so eat half as much fries.
    When I throw out food I feel guilty because of the starving children in Africa.

I could ask for half the fries but then I'm not getting my moneys worth.

Junior Bodybuilder
    wheter you eat all your fries or not have no impact whatsoever on the children in africa.

If you feel guilty find an organisation that works with charity and donate a couple of bucks.

Go to your doctor and have him prescribe you phentermine it will control your appetite like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by AARONHARRISON View Post
    When I throw out food I feel guilty because of the starving children in Africa.

I could ask for half the fries but then I'm not getting my moneys worth.
    This guy needs his on tv show, everything he says is hilarious!

i buy bulk pre cooked cubed chicken breast from a resturaunt supply,it last a month,I just grab some wraps and a handful o chicken,use whatever sauce I want,hot,bbq,ter,booyah 2nd-5th meal done!

Amateur Bodybuilder
    the junk food cravings go away when you dont eat it everyday.

your body is used to eating all of that junk so it will crave it. just eat healthy for even 4-5 days and youll start to notice the cravings wont be as bad. youll get used to the healthy boring stuff and it wont seem so bad

Littleguy21
    Quote Originally Posted by mutant boy View Post
    This guy needs his on tv show, everything he says is hilarious!
    hahaha ik!!! I read all his posts it's so funny!
    Sometimes I can't even tell if he's serious or not....

Rookie
    I was just like you three years ago then me and my wife split up and I was forty pounds over weight and ther was no way I was gonna start cunt hunting again looking like that. I always new that eating small meals spaced out every three hours during my day would work but never had a reason to try it. My diet consisted of 6 eggs whites and a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a protein shake mid morning, a lean protein and either vegies or brown rice for lunch, then another protein shake around three, lean protein and vegies around six, protein shake at nine and I was good. I believe that protein shakes or meal replacement bars really help cuz they satsified for a while between real meals. I dropped about twenty pounds like that without any real effort but i must say it did take about five months. Had I been hitting the gym since day one the pounds would have cam off much quicker. Btw at first I never cheated only because I had to know that I can maintain this lifestyle and didn't want to complicat things by cheating. Three years later im still in d gym eating six meals a day , cheating now and then and looking whole lot better.

Novice
    Cut out a pic of what you want your body to look like and post somewhere only you can see it and use it for inspiration everytime you what some junk food.

uniquemicals
Thread Information