Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss dieting information)

Thread:

ALWAYS hungry!!

ALWAYS hungry!!
    It seams like I'm always starving! I'll eat 2 chicken breasts, grean beans, rice and even a shake at the same time (MuscleMilk 32gm Protien) 5 min late im hungry again. My question is: What can I eat between meals thats not going to throw my diet off?! I bust my diet way too often cuz i'm just too damn hungry. Or is that it? Does everyone just go hungry so they can look lean??

I lift 5 days a week, Cardio 3 days a week, going for Lean mass, trying to burn what fat I have now.

Thanks for your input

are you drinking enough water? i can eat a ton of food but if not getting the gallon/day im usually more hungry. you'll piss more but the trade off is worth it.

I carry a gallon of water with me wherever I go. Piss like crazy, still hungry!!

300lbs of Heavenly Joy huskyguy's Avatar
    If you want to fill up on things low in calories-- a big bowl of steamed broccoli, green beans, carrots. But its normal if you workout hard you are going to be hungry--I feel that way all the time, I wake up starving and even after a large meal I am hungry within a half hour or so.

IMO i would drop the musclemilk

Nice topic, I have the same problems, hungry ALL the time, drink lots of water, still hungry. I also take Muscle Milk, but I know that's not the problem, I was like this before I used MM. Get it figured out let me know, cause this drives me crazy.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyguy
    If you want to fill up on things low in calories-- a big bowl of steamed broccoli, green beans, carrots. But its normal if you workout hard you are going to be hungry--I feel that way all the time, I wake up starving and even after a large meal I am hungry within a half hour or so.

so what do u d? do u wati till your next meal like 2-3 hour later or just eat as soon as u are hungry again...bec. i have the same problem, i will eat a big meal and i am starving the next min like i havent eaten anything in 5 hours....

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by mister69
    IMO i would drop the musclemilk
    how would dropping muscle milk help with his problem? I too get hungry real quick...its not necessarily a hunger pain, but more like...hmm i feel like eating something.

Quote Originally Posted by dlink
    so what do u d? do u wati till your next meal like 2-3 hour later or just eat as soon as u are hungry again...bec. i have the same problem, i will eat a big meal and i am starving the next min like i havent eaten anything in 5 hours....

Just eat as soon as you are hungry again but make it a meal of low calorie, low glycemic index foods--high fiber---green vegetables steamed are best

I guess I'll try eating carrots. I'll give 2 weeks and let you know how it's going.

Sauce Monster
    yea i agree w husky guy the green veggies keep me occupied when im dieting

Eze
    Senior Veteran
    Eat lots of veggies - Not many carbs, but they are very good for you

Drink 2 gals of water per day

Drink 1 gal of Green Tea throughout the day (Throw about 6 bags into a gal of water)

I have found that switching to TrueProtein - Team Skip Blend that it curbs my apetite for a while longer than the other powders I have used. Throw in a cup a blended oats, you can have a good high complex carb, high protein meal. The best part is that it won't leave you bloated like most other protein powders.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    even after a large meal I am hungry within a half hour or so.

Thats is really not normal. Maybe it is for you but thats insane. Food does not even digest that fast and your already hungry again. wow. Hard to believe.

Eze
    Senior Veteran
    I can go to a buffet and eat about 4 times what I usually eat in a meal. I eat so much, that it is probably bad for me.

After 30 mins or so, I am hungry and can eat again if I wanted to. Not another 8 plates of food, but maybe a couple

Quote Originally Posted by Easto
    I can go to a buffet and eat about 4 times what I usually eat in a meal. I eat so much, that it is probably bad for me.

After 30 mins or so, I am hungry and can eat again if I wanted to. Not another 8 plates of food, but maybe a couple

Fuck yeah with out a doubt, MANDERIN FOR THE FUCKING WIN

Are you using EQ by any chance?

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdawg
    Are you using EQ by any chance?
    I am...and let me tell you, you thought you are hungry?!?! I eat like a maniac and this is supposed to be my cutting diet to begin with, than it changed into bulking since I could not stand the hunger! lol... I gained alot of muscle though since im always munchin on some protein filled food but honestly I am hungry at all times...even if I eat a huge meal.
    For example. I started out at 179lb and two weeks later 187. Today we had bbq at work and I ate a huge 16oz steak 2 chicken breasts and a few sausages...I could have easy ate more but I stopped myself since I have no control anymore. I am glad I did not gain much fat if any at all...but mostly muscle so I guess its not all that bad. eq is killin me.

I work out 5-6days heavy 10-12 reps on all my crap.

What do you guys eat when you have those sweets cravings???

Something bitter or sour--bitter is best if you want to eat less.

Novice
    i eat like every 1 1/2 i cant keep up sometimes

Something bitter or sour--bitter is best if you want to eat less.
    like what though??

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK
    like what though??

Greek olives, angostura bitters with club soda, lime pickle--from india, chew on some fresh parsley, bitter drinks etc.

TopSecret
    Try eating oatmeal instead of (brown) rice.

This morning I ran out of oatmeal and I've been eating brown rice.

I normally eat 2 servings of oatmeal at a time (50g carbs) but today for two meals I ate brown rice (thats 70g carbs a meal) and I'm still hungry. Even though I ate an extra 40g of carbs (protein intake stayed the same) I'm still hungry. I think that oatmeal fills you up much better then rice. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your goals.

Yeah, oatmeal with milk is good to keep you full. It's so damn cheap too.

Also, many here including myself, wish they had your problem! I gotta get me some EQ.

i 2nd that...another thing...maybe try lifting 3 days a wk and doing cardio 5
    r u trying to cut or bulk?? exactly how many cals r u taking in a day?? u should b eating alot if u're working out properly. When i was doing alot of lifting I found it hard to eat as much as i should(especailly w/my work schedual)

Thread Information