Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Share
Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products
 

(A forum to discuss anything to do with competitive bodybuilding. Who's gonna win the Mr. Olympia? When is the next Pro or Amateur bodybuilding show? Whats the best way to dry out before going on stage? Ask it all here.)

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread:

drying out

  1. #1
    Junior Bodybuilder Jay C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    11
    Default drying out
    what is the best way to dry out before a show. like a week out. double water intake then stop all intake the day of, if the show is at night? what about sodium intake?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Novice johnybiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    10
    Default
    If show is on sat follow these guidlines....if on sun just bring the process forward a day.

    The week before the final week increase water consumption, try drinking 6 litres per day.
    As of sunday '1 week prior the show'...cut out all dairy, all protien shakes, creatine, and roids.
    SUN=6litres tap water, keep sodium high, start depleat process, train 15 rep sets,
    MON=8litres tap water, keep sodium high, depeat carbs, train 15 rep sets,
    TUE=10=litres tap water, keep sodium high, depleat carbs, train 15 rep sets,
    WED=12litres tap water, keep high sodium, High complex carbs from 4 different sources combined over 6 meals throughout the day-150gms in total carb weight per meal, no veg or fibrous foods, no added fats, 100gms of chicken per meal, diuretics aldactone 25mgs pm.
    THUR=14litres tap water switch to evian or another very low sodium water after 6pm, cut out all sodium, combined carbs as above 150gms per meal, no veg etc, no fats, 100gms chicken per meal, diuretics if using am & pm 'aldactone 25mgs'
    FRI=14+ litres of v-low sodium water, cut out all fluids after 4-6pm, no more drinks at all except 1-2 glasses of dry white wine before bed,no sodium, combined carbs as above though guage how much is required by how you look, no veg, no fats, last meal-fillet steak 300gms no salt butter on top and wine, nothing else, diuretics am & pm 50mgs
    SAT= no drinks at all all day long, no fluids NOTHING WET, early in morn 300gm steak 4 fried whole runny eggs on top, no sodium, no veg, no added fats, all day just nibble a littlre sweet potatoe without skins and a little chicken, nothing else. diuretics am 50mgs.
    Last edited by johnybiceps; 12-13-2004 at 03:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Bodybuilder Jay C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    11
    Default
    wow, thanks johnny. i appreciate you being so descriptive. im not competing till march but i think i will be able to work it all out now thanks to you. i am going to try that in january sometime to figure out if i need to change anything. i think the show is last week of march. i have to check my calendar, all i know is im too far out to start dieting.
    also im clean right now. i plan on staying that way for a while. this is not exactly a bodybuilding show. its more a male beauty pageant, i know that sounds gay but its not. its for Greek stuff at college. i have always had a 6 pack and i was on the juice before so my brothers volunteered me for this. i want to come in dry as hell and ripped. i already can see my seratus and all that. i have striations in my back so i just want to dry out the week of this show.
    again thanks johnny im going to save all this.
    JC

  4. #4
    Novice johnybiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    10
    Default
    Not a problem Jayc, forgot to mention vit c for the entire week-1000MG buffered with b6 take 1 of each every 2 hours from wake till bed...all week.
    Sounds like you wont need to do much dieting....lucky b*****d! lol!!! i have to diet for 14 weeks to get that lean lol!
    Oh! and whilst carbing up dont train, just rest or pose if anything..training, cv etc will stress body and cause water to be held as the muscle is in a level of stress.

  5. #5
    Pro Bodybuilder DirkMoneyshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    19
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybiceps
    If show is on sat follow these guidlines....if on sun just bring the process forward a day.

    The week before the final week increase water consumption, try drinking 6 litres per day.
    As of sunday '1 week prior the show'...cut out all dairy, all protien shakes, creatine, and roids.
    SUN=6litres tap water, keep sodium high, start depleat process, train 15 rep sets,
    MON=8litres tap water, keep sodium high, depeat carbs, train 15 rep sets,
    TUE=10=litres tap water, keep sodium high, depleat carbs, train 15 rep sets,
    WED=12litres tap water, keep high sodium, High complex carbs from 4 different sources combined over 6 meals throughout the day-150gms in total carb weight per meal, no veg or fibrous foods, no added fats, 100gms of chicken per meal, diuretics aldactone 25mgs pm.
    THUR=14litres tap water switch to evian or another very low sodium water after 6pm, cut out all sodium, combined carbs as above 150gms per meal, no veg etc, no fats, 100gms chicken per meal, diuretics if using am & pm 'aldactone 25mgs'
    FRI=14+ litres of v-low sodium water, cut out all fluids after 4-6pm, no more drinks at all except 1-2 glasses of dry white wine before bed,no sodium, combined carbs as above though guage how much is required by how you look, no veg, no fats, last meal-fillet steak 300gms no salt butter on top and wine, nothing else, diuretics am & pm 50mgs
    SAT= no drinks at all all day long, no fluids NOTHING WET, early in morn 300gm steak 4 fried whole runny eggs on top, no sodium, no veg, no added fats, all day just nibble a littlre sweet potatoe without skins and a little chicken, nothing else. diuretics am 50mgs.
    Only Changes i would give you - Last Leg workout should be the saturday before the show. I would still continue to hit the cardio and use Monday and Wednesday as your days to hit the upper body in a glycogen depletion workout.

    Also i wouldn't vary your water up (IMO) plus i don't know liters but 2 gallons of water Sunday - Wednesday is a good start. Thursday drop to about 1 gallon and on Friday 3/4 gallon. With the the majority coming before 6 p.m. and 4 - 6 oz. ever hour till about 10 p.m. Also i typically have guys salt their meals up till wednesday and then stop. I disagree with no fluid on saturday. You need some but not a lot about 6 oz. water with your first meal. Also NO Alcohol, To many promoters will kick you off stage if they smell it. Jeff Taylor is notorious for doing this.

    Also how much carbs and protein will depend on how you've been dieting. Ex: low carbs or high carb diets will need to be loaded differently. Also the carbs you use should be the same carbs you've been dieting on. DO NOT change them or expect to become very gaseous.

    Diuretics - Aladactone is a good start - You might conisder upping it to 50 mg but if your on the small side or already dry 25 is okay.

    Those are my suggestions. No here is the best suggestion IF YOU'VE NEVER COMPETED BEFORE. Get someone to help you that has experience in getting guys ready and DO everything they say. Don't listen to anyone else.

    Good Luck

  6. #6
    Novice johnybiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    10
    Default
    Those are my suggestions. No here is the best suggestion IF YOU'VE NEVER COMPETED BEFORE. Get someone to help you that has experience in getting guys ready and DO everything they say. Don't listen to anyone else.

    Good Luck[/QUOTE]
    Bump that....its a minefield of information out there, try and go to many directions and you will end up a mess. Stick with one direction, then the next time you compete you can mdify/tweak it to help suit you. Peaking is a very personal thing. the only way to guage where you are in the situation is to establish measuring posts i.e responses to indervidual foods/times etc.

  7. #7
    Junior Bodybuilder Jay C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    11
    Default
    thanks guys im saving all this info so i can reread it easy. i appreciate everything.

  8. #8
    Novice durabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    12
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkMoneyshot
    Also i wouldn't vary your water up (IMO) plus i don't know liters but 2 gallons of water Sunday - Wednesday is a good start. Thursday drop to about 1 gallon and on Friday 3/4 gallon. With the the majority coming before 6 p.m. and 4 - 6 oz. ever hour till about 10 p.m. Also i typically have guys salt their meals up till wednesday and then stop. I disagree with no fluid on saturday.

    Diuretics - Aladactone is a good start - You might conisder upping it to 50 mg but if your on the small side or already dry 25 is okay.
    #1...Dont taper water! Keep it at a constant level (or increasing each day) until 12-18hrs before pre-judging, then stop it suddenly......and yes, continue with some water, but not very much, maybe at a rate of 500mls/day or so max.

    #2....If you salt load, dont taper the amount of salt, and dont cut it out until your within 48hrs of prejudging........it takes ~2 days for your body to begin releasing aldosterone again (the main hormone leading to salt/water retention), so stopping salt at 3 days or more out from the show is COMPLETELY useless.

    #3....aldactone is a crappy diuretic, which takes 2-3 days before it even works as a diuretic......but a good idea is to start it when you stop the salt, as it is an aldosterone blocker.
    Use a thiazide diuretic or lasix for diuresis, instead of aldactone, the evening before, and maybe the morning of the show (if pre-judging is in the morning)
    Last edited by durabol; 04-08-2005 at 04:41 PM.

  9. #9
    Novice durabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    12
    Default
    Shit......didnt realize this was an old post

  10. #10
    Novice johnybiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    10
    Default
    I dont get on with lasix, its too harsh. Depleats my muscles of water faster than superfiscial water.

  11. #11
    Pro Bodybuilder DirkMoneyshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    19
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by durabol
    #1...Dont taper water! Keep it at a constant level (or increasing each day) until 12-18hrs before pre-judging, then stop it suddenly......and yes, continue with some water, but not very much, maybe at a rate of 500mls/day or so max.

    #2....If you salt load, dont taper the amount of salt, and dont cut it out until your within 48hrs of prejudging........it takes ~2 days for your body to begin releasing aldosterone again (the main hormone leading to salt/water retention), so stopping salt at 3 days or more out from the show is COMPLETELY useless.

    #3....aldactone is a crappy diuretic, which takes 2-3 days before it even works as a diuretic......but a good idea is to start it when you stop the salt, as it is an aldosterone blocker.
    Use a thiazide diuretic or lasix for diuresis, instead of aldactone, the evening before, and maybe the morning of the show (if pre-judging is in the morning)
    You can do things your way i'll do mine - My biz sure isn't hurting

    Also don't think that we put everything with the last day on the board. Thats not a wise move.

  12. #12
    Novice durabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    12
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkMoneyshot
    Also don't think that we put everything with the last day on the board. Thats not a wise move.
    Huh?
    Not sure what you mean?

  13. #13
    Pro Bodybuilder DirkMoneyshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    19
    Default
    I make money doing prep work - I don't put all the last week details up here, thats not a wise business move. Its very Generalized to last week prep answers.

  14. #14
    Novice durabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    12
    Default
    ahhh....i get ya

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By paulmancan in forum Chemical Study
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
  2. By CSK in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
  3. By Jay C in forum Diet Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 05:10 AM
  4. By nosocks2 in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:09 PM
  5. By Diablo in forum Chemical Study
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

oral anabolics



about steroids



increase my t





3Js Nutrition Network

solid muscle isolate 5lb