Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(A forum to discuss anything to do with competitive bodybuilding. Who's gonna win the Mr. Olympia? When is the next Pro or Amateur bodybuilding show? Whats the best way to dry out before going on stage? Ask it all here.)

Pre show carb up sources?
    What do those of you that compete use to carb up prior to a show. A buddy of mine was recommended to consume rice cakes. I figured that those may be a little high in sodium causing him to retain some water. Rice cake could however be very benificial after you water consumption has been cut. Any thoughts?

Needsize? Any mods. My friends competition is sat march 27th so any help would be awsome.

I was told to stick with just potatoes, eating one every 1-2 hours through the carb loading phase
    needsize@*****************

My trainer

Originally posted by needsize
    I was told to stick with just potatoes, eating one every 1-2 hours through the carb loading phase
    Thanks Bro

it all depends...not everyone responds the same..the carbs that work for me may not work for u and vice versa...the 3 days leading up to a show i slowly start carbing up on sweet potatoes and granola..then on friday i eat filet mignon 3 times a day with granola in every meal and a big bowl of pasta with french fries as my last meal...then saturday morning before prejudging im at ihop eating a steak omelette with 3 pancakes....then throught out the day until the night show im having grape juice with a bit of salt ...sounds crazy, i know...but it works for me..experiment and hopefully ur buddy will do good...good luck

pudge

hmmm... what worked the best for me winning my last show was carbing up every 2 hours with wendy's baked potatoes~ NOTHING ON THEM...cut my water and judged my appearance after some dyazide. carbed up thru the night every 3 hrs on baked potatoes, and came in so dry that every one of the judges asked me how i did it- sweet potatoes have a bad rep for making you bloated and slightly gassy, so to avoid this i just stuck with white potatoes. it would be a good idea to practice EXACTLY waht you are goin to do a month or so before you do it. you certainly dont want to work so hard and then f*ck it all up due to a last-minute mistake!
    best of luck

Hey Pypes, sodium/salt free rice cakes are pretty easy to find at the grocery, at least out here, or even low-sodium. Will be using them for my comp in 5 days - loaded with jam of course ;-)

like i said, what might work for me may not work for someone else...sweet potatoes did it for me, maybe someone else's body wont react the same...i go with what works for me...if white potatoes work best for ur buddy, then good for him...but whatever the outcome, tell him to experiment and whatever does him good to just stick with it...everyone is different..

pudge

When carbing up pre-contest I can understand carbing up on low GI carb sources such as whole wheat pasta and sweet potato but why do some people carb up on baked potatoes which have a high GI number??

Wouldnt they blur out your physique and make you look smooth?

Anyone??

rice cakes with jam and peanut butter(fat loading as well) worked really well last time. With your water manipulation the sodium isnt a problem
    needsize@*****************

My trainer

Junior Bodybuilder
    Check out Chris Acetos book Chanpion Bodybuilding as it has a very good section on carb deplete and load and is pretty close to my old method.

Thread Information