Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

 

(A forum to discuss the conversion of raw materials into body-enhancement compounds. Educate yourself in the chemistry side of anabolics, anti-estrogens, etc.)

Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeltaHarley
  1. #1
    Do Not Contact
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Down range
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    0
    Setilizing your vials
    What is the simplest way to sterilize your vials??

    If I was going to home brew and use open vials, then put a stopper in and cap them?

    I've heard that u can put them in the oven?

    Rubbing alcohol?

    Just trying to get some info.

  2. #2
    Pro Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Power
    7
    I rinse with hot soapy water first scrubbing the inside, then use 90 proof alcohol and rinse out vials. I'll let air dry them bake in the oven at 250f for 30min. This is a pretty common way, i've used iso alcohol also.

  3. #3
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside06 View Post
    What is the simplest way to sterilize your vials??

    If I was going to home brew and use open vials, then put a stopper in and cap them?

    I've heard that u can put them in the oven?

    Rubbing alcohol?

    Just trying to get some info.
    Rubbing alcohol, let the dry, then put them in the oven.

  4. #4
    Just a rookie SmilingBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    3
    Yep, you need lots of dry heat (or a disinfectant like iso) to kill any fungi/bacteria present on a solid surface. The hot soapy water is to remove any larger solids first.

    You could always pressure cook the vials for bout 20-25 min if you're real paranoid.

    Just remember after removing them from the oven (or pressure cooker) to keep air movement to a minimum so as to avoid re-contamination before you crimp.

  5. #5
    Do Not Contact
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Down range
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    0
    awesome! thanks guys.

  6. #6
    Novice I-Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3
    Rubbing alcohol and heat is all u need. i wouldn't put soapy water on them though, thats asking for trouble.

  7. #7
    Moderator juced_porkchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside06 View Post
    What is the simplest way to sterilize your vials??

    If I was going to home brew and use open vials, then put a stopper in and cap them?

    I've heard that u can put them in the oven?

    Rubbing alcohol?

    Just trying to get some info.
    NOPE, rubber stopper will melt before it gets hot nuff ot kill everything.
    I think its stupid when I see people say "in the oven"

    even if you sterilize the bottle , what about the top?

    but SEALD STERIL vials and just fill them through a whatman filter 0.22 por-.45pore and needle right into the vials. (remember to have a pin tip in while filling them to release pressure)

    thats how I would do it anyway.

  8. #8
    Moderator juced_porkchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBob View Post
    Yep, you need lots of dry heat (or a disinfectant like iso) to kill any fungi/bacteria present on a solid surface. The hot soapy water is to remove any larger solids first.

    You could always pressure cook the vials for bout 20-25 min if you're real paranoid.

    Just remember after removing them from the oven (or pressure cooker) to keep air movement to a minimum so as to avoid re-contamination before you crimp.

    This! ----^

  9. #9
    Moderator juced_porkchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Omega View Post
    Rubbing alcohol and heat is all u need. i wouldn't put soapy water on them though, thats asking for trouble.
    as a first of many steps, Id say its fine.

  10. #10
    Do Not Contact
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Down range
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by juced_porkchop View Post
    NOPE, rubber stopper will melt before it gets hot nuff ot kill everything.
    I think its stupid when I see people say "in the oven"

    even if you sterilize the bottle , what about the top?

    but SEALD STERIL vials and just fill them through a whatman filter 0.22 por-.45pore and needle right into the vials. (remember to have a pin tip in while filling them to release pressure)

    thats how I would do it anyway.
    Thats not what i ment, i ment put the vials in the oven to sterilize them, not with the rubber stopper.


    I've looked at sterile vials already for the sake of convenience. can you still get a cap for the top of them?

  11. #11
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside06 View Post
    Thats not what i ment, i ment put the vials in the oven to sterilize them, not with the rubber stopper.


    I've looked at sterile vials already for the sake of convenience. can you still get a cap for the top of them?
    The crimped flip top? Yes you can get those for vials. You need the appriopriate size crimper though.

  12. #12
    Do Not Contact
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Down range
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleMind View Post
    The crimped flip top? Yes you can get those for vials. You need the appriopriate size crimper though.
    Even for the already sealed sterile vials?

  13. #13
    Pro Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Power
    7
    No you cant get empty vials with the flip top on it, how would you fill it without pulling the flip top off then?

  14. #14
    Pro Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Power
    7
    [QUOTE=I-Omega;3072181]Rubbing alcohol and heat is all u need. i wouldn't put soapy water on them though, thats asking for trouble.[/QUOTE]

    LOL, thats basic sterilization bro. You've obviously never bought vials in bulk or you'd understand why.

  15. #15
    Novice I-Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3
    [QUOTE=ChrisWho?;3072451]
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Omega View Post
    Rubbing alcohol and heat is all u need. i wouldn't put soapy water on them though, thats asking for trouble.[/QUOTE]

    LOL, thats basic sterilization bro. You've obviously never bought vials in bulk or you'd understand why.
    Actualy I have. Soap is not a good idea as it can become an irritant for your gear.

  16. #16
    Pro Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Power
    7
    Ya, but your missing the part that it's the first step, then you rinse with alcohol and bake next. If anything, it's more sterile that way.

  17. #17
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside06 View Post
    Even for the already sealed sterile vials?
    You dont put flip tops on the already sealed vials.

  18. #18
    Junior Bodybuilder Animalized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Between here and there!
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Omega View Post
    Soap is not a good idea as it can become an irritant for your gear.
    If you're doing shit right, using soapy water shoudn't cause issues at all.

    Here's my steps:

    ~Wash vials in HOT soapy water
    ~Rinse in HOT water
    ~Rinse in distilled water
    ~Rinse twice in alcohol
    ~Bake vials upside down at 350 for 30 minutes.
    ~Vials remain upside down in pan until gear is ready to be filtered into them

    ~Rubber stoppers I soak in Peroxide for 20 minutes while I'm filtering my gear.

    Some may call this overkill but I'll tell ya, my vials are spotless and guaranteed sterile and so are my stoppers. I'd also rather take a few extra steps then take the chance of me or someone else getting infection or something

  19. #19
    Novice
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    11
    autoclave
    I have seen all you guys posting and not one of you spoke of the best way by far to do it ,the only sure way and that is autoclaving go look it up and you would be amaze it is easier no worries nothing .It is the way all the international companies sterilize their equipment .Takes all the worries out of it ,you know what it would be like to wash out 100's of vials and stoppers .

  20. #20
    Junior Bodybuilder Animalized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Between here and there!
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by papasung View Post
    I have seen all you guys posting and not one of you spoke of the best way by far to do it ,the only sure way and that is autoclaving go look it up and you would be amaze it is easier no worries nothing .It is the way all the international companies sterilize their equipment .Takes all the worries out of it ,you know what it would be like to wash out 100's of vials and stoppers .
    But I'm betting that my way is cheaper then spending money on autoclave equipment because it looks to me like it requires certain equipment. Don't imagine many in here are washing 100's of vials and stoppers at one time so doesn't seem logical to spend more money on autoclaving

  21. #21
    Pro Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by papasung View Post
    I have seen all you guys posting and not one of you spoke of the best way by far to do it ,the only sure way and that is autoclaving go look it up and you would be amaze it is easier no worries nothing .It is the way all the international companies sterilize their equipment .Takes all the worries out of it ,you know what it would be like to wash out 100's of vials and stoppers .
    It wasn't brought up because it's not pratical to the average home brewer.

  22. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I worked in an aseptic filling operation for a big pharma company, and this is pretty close to our process for filling vials. The only thing I would consider changing is the method for the stoppers. I would boil them in a pressure cooker at about 250 F (~15psi) for 25 minutes or so. That would take care of any spores that might be there. The peroxide at 1-2% is pretty weak. We used 30% with a 30 min exposure time for surface sanitization.

    Just my opinion based on experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Animalized View Post
    If you're doing shit right, using soapy water shoudn't cause issues at all.

    Here's my steps:

    ~Wash vials in HOT soapy water
    ~Rinse in HOT water
    ~Rinse in distilled water
    ~Rinse twice in alcohol
    ~Bake vials upside down at 350 for 30 minutes.
    ~Vials remain upside down in pan until gear is ready to be filtered into them

    ~Rubber stoppers I soak in Peroxide for 20 minutes while I'm filtering my gear.

    Some may call this overkill but I'll tell ya, my vials are spotless and guaranteed sterile and so are my stoppers. I'd also rather take a few extra steps then take the chance of me or someone else getting infection or something
    tntgolf likes this.

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By OldSchoolLifter in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM
  2. By lemonskunk in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:48 PM
  3. By Ziggajay in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
  4. By viva51 in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM
  5. By jediclampet in forum Chemical Study
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Tags for this Thread
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump







solid muscle isolate 5lb







need to build muscle

mr supps