Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

This forum will focused on Weight loss. Burning fat , Loosing 20 pounds in 7 days , Lowering Blood pressure, Healthy diet practices and Cutting. This is not to under cut the Diet forum. It it to specialize taking off the unwanted pounds as quickly as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Rookie
    How can I beat my Pepsi/Coke cravings?
    This may sound dumb to some people but I get serious cravings for cocacola and pepsi when im not drinking it. I get serious migraines and feel tired and just weak in general probably because im not getting the caffeine and sugar I normally would.

I stopped drinking it all together yesterday and all day today ive felt extremely weak and generally tired.

Normally I drink between two and four litres a day and it is the main cause for my weight. Ive stopped drinking it in the past and lost a few stone just from that but endured a good couple of weeks of headaches.

Does anyone have any advice? as im sure those who were once overweight or still are but dieting also drank a lot of soda such as coke and combatted it.

I was going to go down the caffeine tablet + head ache tablet route but tbh id rather avoid that.

Thanks Allot,
    Luke

Novice
    I quit all pepsi/coke a few years ago as well when i got into eatting healthier and working out. I used to quence my thirst with it first thing in the mornings. It gets better, to the point where you dont crave it anymore and choose other things. Do you drink coffee? It's the caffiene thats the problem for the headaches.

You could just have a drink and slowly cut back to none to avoid headaches, or have a cup of coffee or two (dont over do it) or even take a Caffiene tablet from your pharmacy for the energy and to subside the headaches... just dont replace one addiction with another, keep it low as possible. Good luck and congrats on quitting pop/soda!

Tried Diet Soda? 0.1% daily intake per can, pretty good.
    Taste, Depends what you get..I like Diet Lemonade/Solo/Pepsi Max
    Diet Coke is grose

Also, Keep me updated on this Please.
    I dont recommend the diet, but its better then the shit with sugar in it.
    Diet stuff has salt.
    I have switched to green tea with stevia type sugar, every morning I have a mug of green tea (300ml) with breakfast, then another one after breakfast, then another one pre-workout.. then during workout i drink 1.7L Water (1L Xtend, 700ml Shake), then i drink green tea throughout the day, about 6-10 Cups a day.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitszo View Post
    Also, Keep me updated on this Please.
    I dont recommend the diet, but its better then the shit with sugar in it.
    Diet stuff has salt.
    I have switched to green tea with stevia type sugar, every morning I have a mug of green tea (300ml) with breakfast, then another one after breakfast, then another one pre-workout.. then during workout i drink 1.7L Water (1L Xtend, 700ml Shake), then i drink green tea throughout the day, about 6-10 Cups a day.
    Diet pop is not actually better then the sugar IMO. Aspartame is terrible for you.

You could always try a carbonated beverage such as Zevia (sweetened with Stevia) , this can be found at places like Whole Foods. Another great (non carbonated drink) is the Steeze ice tea (raspberry is my favorite), and it is also sweetened with Stevia. I was addicted to diet pop and simply just stopped cold turkey. Try it for a few days and your body will forget about it.

Novice
    It might not be you are addicted to coke/pepsi as much as caffeine. Those sound alot like caffeine withdrawal symptoms. 250mg of caffeine per 2 liter I believe. So between 250-500mg of caffeine plus the sugar too. And any other caffeine throughout the day (tea's, coffees, etc)

You can try cold turkey and tough it out a few days, or try to ween yourself off. The headaches should go away with in a week in my experience with caffeine. If you ween yourself off though you're going to have to be able to actually stick with your plan. IE don't go "Today I'll just have 3 liters and tomorrow back to 2"

just a Lil guy!!!
    Crystal lite pure. Awesome.

What exactly is so horrible about aspartame? I have heard it is bad but want to know why? One guy told me once that aspartame was a side product of the production of some toxic nerve gas. LOL

Peeps
    I switched to flavored miniral water and have never looked back.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabod View Post
    What exactly is so horrible about aspartame? I have heard it is bad but want to know why? One guy told me once that aspartame was a side product of the production of some toxic nerve gas. LOL
    Aspartame apparently has been proven to increase appetite in some and cause cravings for sweets.. diet pop also makes you want more carbonated drinks imo

Fart Knocker
    i dont know if we can promote stuff but allstarhealth.com jay robb stevia. good chit.

soda in excess of 2 liters/day cant be good for you bro. I've cut sugar sodas to zero, and diet to several cans/week with just certain food.

Take a caffeine pill for several days to stave off the headaches. After a week it wont be a prob. Drink water to quench thirst and yur body will thank you fir it

Quote Originally Posted by bigherm2121 View Post
    Crystal lite pure. Awesome.
    x2. Good stuff. I quit all soda and my 6 Rockstar a day habit a few months ago. Still have a Rockstar every now and then - once or twice a month - but only one. I have one cup of black coffee at work in the morning. But I do get a caffeine kick out of my 1MR right before my workout.

Novice
    To stop drinking Coke and Mountain Dew I switched to Arizona Green Tea (with Ginsing and Honey). That worked well for a while but then I realized it still had a decent amount of sugar in it. Now I drink the Arizona Diet Green Tea (Gold color can with asian lady on it).
    It's awesome, tastes great and has 0 cals 0 fat 0 carb 0 sugar

Pro Bodybuilder
    i do not know the truth to this but i read an article saying anything zero cal or low low cal that is sweet your body will reckagonzie as a sugar. and still end up storing carbs.

regardless if theres cals your body sees it as a sweet thing, once it eats something sweet it stores. again, not sure how much truth there is to this.

so if it were true crystal lite, diet pop, stevia, etc etc all of them would promote carb storage. as if you were drinking/taking in a sugar based cola, pop, drink.

musclebuilder40
    Hate to tell you this but coke diet coke any form of coke will just fill you with sugar. I am not trying to promote my site but there is quite a lot of advice on there about nutrition. It sounds like to me you are going through cold turkey when you stop drinking the coke. Sorry could not be a bit positive

Coca Cola Zero...it's the BEST, try it!

I can't drink soda/cola unless there's whiskey or rum in it. Just drink some coffee in the morning instead of the soda during the day and that will take care of the headaches. Water all the way bro.

Do Not Contact
    Pop in general is bad for you. Diet soda is worse than regular. It's because in diet soda there is no calories but it's still sweet and actually makes you have food cravings more causing you to eat more junk.

Still my worst habbit and hard to quit.

you're drinking hellaofalotofpop to quite cold turkey. Of course yur gonna have withdrawals.

It'll subside in a few days and then just enjoy one now and then with a meal. In a while you wont even want one.

I took the money i would have spent on pop and bought a RO unit for drinking water. Bottle quality water at my tap ftw!!

Amateur Bodybuilder
    cold turkey.

keep water on hand and drink if you feel thirsty like you need a coke. eventually your cravings will go away.

Junior Bodybuilder
    The toughest lift is your ass off the couch!
    Cold turkey is the way to go. Day 4 was by far the worst for me. I was addicted to dr pepper and quit over a year ago. I didn't have the discipline to taper off. It sucks for the first few days, but it's worth it.

^ Cockstrong ^ size_does_matter's Avatar
    The caffeine headaches suck, but when i Stopped i switched to coffee in the morning and tea throughout the day when water wasnt doing it for me. I made one of the half size arrowhead gallon jugs of tea and one with water and drank those all day to monitor my intake

Rookie
    Ya i have a hard time getting away from soda to. You can get your caffeine through coffee though, that should definitely help with the headaches too.

dump it on the roof of your car and come back in the morning that should take care of your craving for it, i havent had soda in 7 years other than with my jack daniels

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information