Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Growing
    Deca and gyno prevention...
    What have given you best results? I am not prone to get gyno but I still want to have everything on hand before.
    Thanks,,

Administrator
    Site Manager
    B6......Dostinex......Bromo

In that order.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

tee
    An interesting Dostinex article I came across awhile back.

Dostinex
    By Anthony Roberts, Mind And Muscle Magazine

The anti-aging crowd originally introduced Dostinex to the bodybuilding community. About a decade ago, the only place you could really find this stuff being sold was on mail order lists for various life-extension clinics. Although they are, frankly, a very weird bunch of people, the life-extensionists were among the first to find and make available a lot of the stuff that eventually found its way into athletic circles, like Dostinex and other such nootropics (drugs that increase mental activity).

Dostinex is one of those drugs. I first saw it on an anti-aging clinic's price list about a decade ago, and more recently, I saw it being discussed by various people who are “in the know” on the internet. The former fact made it slightly interesting to me, while the latter had exactly the opposite effect. Actually, I first mentioned it in an ancillary article I wrote several years ago, but recently I decided to do some more research on it, and I have to admit, it's a very interesting drug. Before I explain what it does, I think a discussion of some important hormones and enzymes are in order.

Dostinex is usually employed by bodybuilders to combat prolactin and effects related to prolactin. Before we go any further, it's very important to understand exactly what that hormone is. Prolactin is a single-chain protein, very closely related to growth hormone. It is secreted by what's known as lactotrophs in the anterior part of your pituitary gland. In addition, Prolactin is also synthesized and secreted by many other cells in the body, like immune cells, in the brain, and is even secreted by the decidua in the uterus of pregnant women.

If you've done any reading at all on prolactin, you have probably come across the fact that its major effects are felt by the mammary gland, and that stimulating mammary gland development and milk production are its primary role. While this is true, many areas of the body have prolactin receptors, and although the anterior pituitary is the major source of prolactin, it is actually synthesized and secreted in several other tissues. Too much prolactin expression can even be responsible for certain types of pituitary tumors.

The most prevalent side effect we see from it in bodybuilders is development of excess mammary tissue and milk production. Great if you are a cow, but not so great if you are a bodybuilder. Yeah, that's right- too much prolactin can cause galactorrhea (excessive or spontaneous secretion of milk). The other prevalent side effect is sexual dysfunction. I suspect that the average male bodybuilder doesn't want anything to do with any of that.

Excessive secretion of prolactin – which is known as hyperprolactinemia - is a relatively common disorder in humans. This condition has numerous causes, including prolactin-secreting tumors and therapy with certain drugs, like anabolic steroids.

Common symptoms of hyperprolactinemia in women can include menstrual irregularities, and galactorrhea (which was covered in the preceding paragraph). Sadly, men who have hyperprolactinemia tend to have most of the same symptoms; enlarged mammary glands, milk production, and some other side effects to contend with, such as hypogonadism, decreased libido (sex drive), decreased sperm production and impotence. Males with hyperprolactinemia very rarely produce milk, although it's possible...and disgusting.

Of course, we can put a stop to possible prolactin related side effects, if we can get some dopamine secretion going on. You see, dopamine is a major prolactin-inhibiting chemical and sends a message to your body to decrease its rate of prolactin secretion. Basically, it's secreted into your blood, binds to receptors on lactotrophs (remember them?), and then inhibits the synthesis and secretion of prolactin. That's important, because it works in two ways: it prevents both the synthesis and the production of prolactin.

This is where Dostinex comes in.

Dostinex (Cabergoline) is a dopamine agonist. Dopamine is a chemical, found in the brain, which transmits nerve impulses and is involved in the formation of epinephrine. More likely than not, this is why the Life-Extentionists are very big on this drug. Dopamine is also released by the hypothalamus and can inhibit the release of prolactin from the anterior lobe of the pituitary, minimizing all the bad things that we have already seen to be a result of prolactin excess.

If you use anabolic steroids, Dostinex will help you reduce the chance of any of these prolactin related side-effects. It has actually been shown in numerous studies to have a very high success rate in lowering prolactin and prolactin related conditions and side effects ( 1) (2). In fact, for management of hyperprolactinemia and its symptoms (got milk?), Dostinex is the preferred treatment in terms of effectiveness as well as having very few undesirable side effects (3 ). It does this very well for both men and women, it should be noted ( 4).

Since it lowers prolactin very efficiently, Dostinex will even relieve sexual dysfunction caused by excess prolactin (5 ) ( which is, anecdotally at least, highly correlative with the use of certain steroids like the Nandrolones and Trenbolones). This is great news for everyone who loves Tren and Deca, because while those two steroids are really great additions to almost any cycle, many people avoid using them because of the possibility of them causing impotence (often called “deca dick”).

So, using Dostinex will allow you to include steroids like Tren and Deca in any cycle- and even combine them in the same cycle- without worrying about sexual dysfunction. In fact, even if you aren't experiencing any sort of sexual dysfunction, Dostinex will shorten the time you need to recover and gain an erection between orgasms, and can significantly enhance all parameters of sexual drive and function (6). In other words, if you're not worried about sexual issues and you take Dostinex anyway, it'll still help you out in bed. And from what I have heard, it's well worth the money for that effect.

Of course you can actually use Dostinex safely for an extended amount of time (many studies go on for months if not years, and its efficacy and safety are well documented), but women need to be more careful than men, and certainly need to discontinue using it if they're pregnant or trying to conceive. So Dostinex can help you, the average steroid user, by combating gyno-like effects, g alactorrhea, and sexual dysfunction. Sounds great, right? Of course it is. But since Dostinex is a dopamine agonist, it's also good for a whole lot more.

You see Dopamine is what's called a monoamine, which is naturally produced in the body by modifying an amino acid.

I have used vitamin b6 (200mgs per day) when running tren or deca and have never had a problem.

Growing
    b6, didnt know that....
    So its just to get some regular b6, almost sounds to easy

thanks bro's

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bast
    b6, didnt know that....
    So its just to get some regular b6, almost sounds to easy

thanks bro's

Just watch how much you use. Too much can cause problems and 300mg/ed for an extended period of time is considered too much.

People taking large dosages of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) on a regular basis for an extended period of time should be very alert to problems. The damage is to your nerves, but in most cases it is reversible.

Symptoms that you will notice first with a vitamin B6 overdose are numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.

You may also notice a loss of manual dexterity and your balance may be wobbly.

People have been known to form kidney stones when they have taken excess vitamin B6 for extended periods of time.

Taking a multi-vitamin with the correct dosages of each particular vitamin is one way to not worry about an overdose.

Growing
    Quote Originally Posted by xcfmember
    Just watch how much you use. Too much can cause problems and 300mg/ed for an extended period of time is considered too much.

People taking large dosages of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) on a regular basis for an extended period of time should be very alert to problems. The damage is to your nerves, but in most cases it is reversible.

Symptoms that you will notice first with a vitamin B6 overdose are numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.

You may also notice a loss of manual dexterity and your balance may be wobbly.

People have been known to form kidney stones when they have taken excess vitamin B6 for extended periods of time.

Taking a multi-vitamin with the correct dosages of each particular vitamin is one way to not worry about an overdose.
    Thanks for the info, although I do not believe that a heavy/bodybuilder/powerlifter male only need the recommended dosages. Most multi vitamins have much higher levels of everything anyways.
    But I will use B6 during then only using my usuall vitamins.

b6 200-300mg ed to prevent, 900-1200mg ed to stop. really works too.

Growing
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
    b6 200-300mg ed to prevent, 900-1200mg ed to stop. really works too.
    Thanks for all the help bro's!

But what is it with the B6 that will prevent and/or stop gyno from Deca?

Thread Information